Dressing Better Vol 2.0

always wanted to try this stuff. some of the dudes i see on blog/youtube videos are really compulsive. they spend 3 hours shining the toes of their shoes with that stuff.. i'm a bit too lazy for that much work

instagram being down ruins my day
Reno is good for shell. I'm with you on that. I spend minimum time caring for my shoes and boots. I just ensure they're clean and conditioned once in a while to keep the leather supple. That's pretty much it.

Ended up going with J. Crew Ludlow suit in Italian Chino (wheat). Will pick up a navy or purple gingham shirt with a solid tie. Got the suit for about $200.

Ended up going with J. Crew Ludlow suit in Italian Chino (wheat). Will pick up a navy or purple gingham shirt with a solid tie. Got the suit for about $200.
If it's from an actual store and not an outlet, $200 is a great price for a full suit.

I love that Denim and Supply Cardigan, but I dunno know if I could do $100 . . .now if you were selling the camo joint, your boy would be ready!!
Haha. That camo one is a keeper, man. It's all good. If they don't sell, I'll keep them. The purging of sneakers led to this.

I just tailored 6 pair of pants I've been dragging my feet on and I'm in disbelief on the difference its made on my fits. I converted a pair of new rescues to basically a new standard (tapered beyond the knee). The top block was more suitable but I always hated the wider leg opening. APCs definitely are for those about that athletic build life smh

No wis, not the tommy jacket!
Haha. Word to Marlon from Wayans bros. No more kicks to rock them with :frown:

Actually 2 left. These may be hard to move. May have to try myself.

I just tailored 6 pair of pants I've been dragging my feet on and I'm in disbelief on the difference its made on my fits. I converted a pair of new rescues to basically a new standard (tapered beyond the knee). The top block was more suitable but I always hated the wider leg opening. APCs definitely are for those about that athletic build life smh
Yes, sir. Tailoring is everything.

I see a lot of lanky dudes rock APC NS though. I had the NS and NC and both were fine. I'm not athletic at all :lol:

Haha. Word to Marlon from Wayans bros. No more kicks to rock them with :frown:

Actually 2 left. These may be hard to move. May have to try myself.
Yes, sir. Tailoring is everything.

I see a lot of lanky dudes rock APC NS though. I had the NS and NC and both were fine. I'm not athletic at all :lol:

I used to roll with the NS but I had to go up a size. The knee break was still more than I preferred and the top block stretched was sloppy. I like the full rise on the rescues. They also give me more of a canvas to tailor

I used to roll with the NS but I had to go up a size. The knee break was still more than I preferred and the top block stretched was sloppy. I like the full rise on the rescues. They also give me more of a canvas to tailor
I'm tempted to mess around with a MTO pair of chinos that are not so slim, more like 514 fit with a 7.5-8" leg opening with cargo pockets to change things up. Slim straight I guess.

When the AIr Uptempos released back in like 09 or 10 I bought a pair. LOVED those when I was a kid.
Game changer, I remember when they dropped in the 6th grade and price tag was $150 or 160 :wow:

Also, to L.A. cats:

Epaulet Santa Monica will be having a sale next Saturday. The store will be closing and the folks will move back to NY due to a newborn baby. Just an FYI in case anyone wants to swing through to pick up goodies at 40-50% off. Sergio and I will be there.

I'm tempted to mess around with a MTO pair of chinos that are not so slim, more like 514 fit with a 7.5-8" leg opening with cargo pockets to change things up. Slim straight I guess.
Game changer, I remember when they dropped in the 6th grade and price tag was $150 or 160 :wow:

Also, to L.A. cats:

Epaulet Santa Monica will be having a sale next Saturday. The store will be closing and the folks will move back to NY due to a newborn baby. Just an FYI in case anyone wants to swing through to pick up goodies at 40-50% off. Sergio and I will be there.

Let me know if there are any 36 walts out there.

Let me know if there are any 36 walts out there.
There will be I'm sure. However, all sales are final. I'm certain folks will be a flocking. Lots of members in SoCal. Even though if I don't buy anything, I plan on coming through to take pics and show love.

There will be I'm sure. However, all sales are final. I'm certain folks will be a flocking. Lots of members in SoCal. Even though if I don't buy anything, I plan on coming through to take pics and show love.

Fa sho

I know SF members are going to be out in full force

When the AIr Uptempos released back in like 09 or 10 I bought a pair. LOVED those when I was a kid.

Also, to L.A. cats:

I wonder if there clothes even fit me.

I'm a large in a j crew.

What do you think Wis? Worth it for me to join yall?

Last edited:
I wonder if there clothes even fit me.

I'm a large in a j crew.

What do you think Wis? Worth it for me to join yall?
I would say it's in line. I take a size small in Epaulet and it's more or less in tune with the slim shirts from J. Crew in the same size.

They do make larger sizes. They have two types of pants, one is for huskier dudes.

Mind you that prices won't be dirt cheap. You can browse their site: www.epauletnewyork.com to gauge. 40% off with credit cad, 50% off with cash. This excludes the EPLA stuff.

For today on a surprisingly warm day (it was about mid-50s and windy when I left home, low 70s by the afternoon)

http://dressingbetterforless.blogspot.com/2014/04/wdiwt41214.html

Also, to L.A. cats:

Looking forward to a possible DBNTBroLinkUp with others as well.

November 6th

alexander-wang-to-design-a-2014-fall-collection-for-hm-0.jpg

I'm sure women are gonna go crazy over this
laugh.gif

Last edited:
damn wis you selling all your kicks?

wisith b like... weekends are my time for asinine kicks!

2 months later.

wisith b like.... **** sneakers im selling em all! and even some outwear too!

:wink:

damn wis you selling all your kicks?

wisith b like... weekends are my time for asinine kicks!

2 months later.

wisith b like.... **** sneakers im selling em all! and even some outwear too!

:wink:
Hahah. True story.

I had to, man. I was buying a lot again. Purging was the only way I would stop. Otherwise it would be like once a month and I'll be living in Nike boxes again :lol:

I only had 17 pairs to start off with! Just need to move 2 more and I'm clean.

Back
Top Bottom