Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Yup, I think they were $200.  I wish I'd waited to get mine but they were still on sale at Nordstrom.
I'd seriously consider buying them at $200.

Do they ever drop below the $200 threshold? Maybe during summer?

Just like Dr. TypeR, I almost always purchase off season, especially if steep discounts are available.

Last edited:
It's H&M. So no

Thats what I was thinking... Was curious seeing as to it was HM

Does anyone know any good brands that make these style boots?

photo%2B2-794824.JPG

Something in the $200-$400 range preferably.

Google engineer boots. Red Wings and Frye are options.

Thanks fam

Just like Dr. TypeR, I almost always purchase off season, especially if steep discounts are available.
D,

You gotta hit up Carlin for the deal. He works for AE (no, seriously...he does).

I think they do hit $200ish...I can be mistaking the model though. I remember the Daltons became the official brogue boots for NT because it hit a low price a while back :lol:

Pretty happy with these finds on deep discounts this time around:

That is a tough budget to work with...This article has a few options that might work for your party: http://dappered.com/2013/07/the-best-looking-mens-dress-shoes-under-200/

I found a pair of patent leather Cole Haan cap toe oxfords last year from Nordstrom Rack for $60. They're not amazing quality or anything but they got the job done when I wore a black tuxedo this past NYE.

Not sure about the Verona model to wear with a tuxedo. If it is the horse bit loafer that is coming up when I type it into google image search, I don't think that will work with your groom's choice of attire. Anyone else please feel free to chime in. My vote still goes towards getting some simple cap toe oxfords or bluchers. You're on the right track with getting the toes shined, though :wink:

EDIT: Check these out: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/cole-ha...ecc&siteId=TnL5HPStwNw-3rPHNLkP_iqBrmeWCVHqHQ

Good looking out, I actually caught the black air garrett's while browsing online and the nordstrom price is pretty good. Plenty sizes too, so I'll run it buy the groomsmen...they're all from the Philly suburbs, so not really about much of that dapper lifestyle. I swear it seems more country!! (then again, I'm a pompous new yorker living in williamsburg brooklyn haha)

I'm looking through Nordstrom rack again, though I swear I only see brown colored shoes that I like there:nerd:!
Would like a pair of balmorals too...we'll see what happens. If I push the groom to do it, they'll fall in line basically. Thats my dude 8)

D,

You gotta hit up Carlin for the deal. He works for AE (no, seriously...he does).

I think they do hit $200ish...I can be mistaking the model though. I remember the Daltons became the official brogue boots for NT because it hit a low price a while back :lol:
theyre still my next cop... sometine during the year :lol:

i hope they go for cheap during their 91st anniversary sale this spring

D,

I think they do hit $200ish...I can be mistaking the model though. I remember the Daltons became the official brogue boots for NT because it hit a low price a while back
laugh.gif

Strangely, there's an Allen Edmonds store less than 5 miles from me that I've never stepped into. I may have to go and try a pair on, then weigh my options.

Also, that Shipley & Halmos Varsity is
pimp.gif
You can keep the Sherman jersey and send the jacket instead.

Last edited:
Finally making my way back to Atlanta in a couple of weeks. Hopefully Suit Supply has more in stores than they do online. My size is gone in everything I want

D,

I think they do hit $200ish...I can be mistaking the model though. I remember the Daltons became the official brogue boots for NT because it hit a low price a while back
laugh.gif

Strangely, there's an Allen Edmonds store less than 5 miles from me that I've never stepped into. I may have to go and try a pair on, then weigh my options.

Also, that Shipley & Halmos Varsity is
pimp.gif
You can keep the Sherman jersey and send the jacket instead.

wooooooooord? had no clue there was an ae store up there, hitting suit supply probably next week i'll have to stop by and try on a pair cause i need some daltons in my life at some point this year

wooooooooord? had no clue there was an ae store up there, hitting suit supply probably next week i'll have to stop by and try on a pair cause i need some daltons in my life at some point this year
 Upper level of Cherry Creek Mall. Then, of course, you have Suit Supply across the street in Cherry Creek North. Two birds, one stone.

Also, that Shipley & Halmos Varsity is :pimp: You can keep the Sherman jersey and send the jacket instead.
Thanks, man. Sure, give me a week. The Superbowl Championship patch is being put on. I'll send it to you afterwards.

Due to traveling needs, I ordered this backpack today...not sure if I'll keep it, pending my satisfaction with the dimensions. I prefer to use a backpack for air traveling because it's easy to put inside the over-head and easy to carry...your hands don't need to be occupied while you're trying to run into the rest room or dash across the airport to catch a connection flight.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/jack-spade-desert-backpack/3462854?origin=category

I was originally going to cop another LV piece, but I really thought about it....it would sooner or later get destroyed from cramming into tight over-head space, and don't want to make it an object of desire, ie dudes trying to snatch it while you're busy or napping while waiting for flight or whatever.

This messenger is nice too for a college student or a working professional: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/jack-sp...m_sp=personalizedsort-_-browseresults-_-1_1_D

Do dat ^

As for Dalton's, they are currently on the seconds list for $299. $199 was a special promotion from back in august. No clue if they would be running again.

My man C hooked it up and I landed my purr for $130 :pimp:

Anyone familiar with Acne sizing? I just bought a shirt online in a 46 classic fit. Hopefully it fits alright.

If you fit into TaT's measurements specs; 42R/42S/42L or smaller I'd go with them. They are in the $550-600 range for a Made-to-Measure Fully Canvassed 2 piece suit. Downside is you have to provide your measurements.

Otherwise I'd suggest going with SuitSupply, half canvassed and $399-$449 for an entry level suit; which are half-canvassed.
hey thanks a lot.
one last question.
which is the best color to go with for a first suit?
that is, which color is most versatile?

hey thanks a lot.
one last question.
which is the best color to go with for a first suit?
that is, which color is most versatile?

Personally I think the most versatile suit you can own is a navy suit. It can be worn together as a suit, the pants can be worn as a separates with a v-neck, cardigan, tweed blazers, khaki blazers. The jacket can also be worn separately with various gray bottoms, khaki pants, denim, etc.

Personally I think the most versatile suit you can own is a navy suit. It can be worn together as a suit, the pants can be worn as a separates with a v-neck, cardigan, tweed blazers, khaki blazers. The jacket can also be worn separately with various gray bottoms, khaki pants, denim, etc.

Should the mismatched pairings be done in moderation? I was always told not to separate pieces of a suit to wear because the colors will fade differently. Any truth to this?

Should the mismatched pairings be done in moderation? I was always told not to separate pieces of a suit to wear because the colors will fade differently. Any truth to this?

It should be done in moderation for the reason you mentioned not because of it looking mismatched. Exposing the jacket more to the sun for example will cause it to fade a lot faster than the pants or vice versa. If I wear the jacket as a separate once during the week, I try to wear the pants separately once as well during the week. As long as it's not excessive it shouldn't be an issue (ie. Wearing the jacket with the suit, khaki pants, gray pants and denim during the week and the pants just see life once a week).

Back
Top Bottom