Dressing Better Vol 2.0

starting to think about my NYE outfit, I think I'm going with a navy suit. Any ideas on bow tie and pocket square combo?
I picked decided on an outfit months ago (I know, it's crazyy), but I'm doing a blue velvet dinner jacket, black pants, white shirt, black bowtie, and a black pocket square with tiny flowers. Thinking of rocking some dress slippers too, but that's still up in the air!

starting to think about my NYE outfit, I think I'm going with a navy suit. Any ideas on bow tie and pocket square combo?
I picked decided on an outfit months ago (I know, it's crazyy), but I'm doing a blue velvet dinner jacket, black pants, white shirt, black bowtie, and a black pocket square with tiny flowers. Thinking of rocking some dress slippers too, but that's still up in the air!
PICS OF BLUE VELVET DINNER JACKET. SOUNDS DOPE

This is a kind of specific request but maybe someone will be able to help me out. Anyone know where I could find something similar to this henley but with a hood? Preferably short sleeved. Thanks in advance if anyone has any ideas.

Ears, I was thinking the same basic fit. Blue velvet jacket, black pants, shoes. I wanna incorporate silver/grey in there somewhere for the traditional colors.

Last edited:

PICS OF BLUE VELVET DINNER JACKET. SOUNDS DOPE
Ears, I was thinking the same basic fit. Blue velvet jacket, black pants, shoes. I wanna incorporate silver/grey in there somewhere for the traditional colors.
Yeah, man, I just got a basic blue velvet dinner jacket from H&M, and I got it tailored. The jacket was only $40 and $15 to get it tailored wasn't bad. I already had black pants and a black pocket square embelished with flowers. I would def. rock a grey pocket square. There are some pretty cool bowties out there; I'm sure there's a grey/black one or some other combos you can get from the tiebar. And I'll definitely post pics when I wear it, Lorde!

I need a good recommendation for some everyday chino/khaki style pants. I picked up a few pair of BR slim chinos couple months back, now they all fit like wide high waters.

I need a good recommendation for some everyday chino/khaki style pants. I picked up a few pair of BR slim chinos couple months back, now they all fit like wide high waters.
Too vague.

Price point? Your physique? How do you want them to fit?

Not sure why they would feel like high waters unless you got the improper inseam from the start.

BR/GAP Khaki's always shrink. Invest in a good pair of the pairs listed below. I suggest going to the store and trying them on.

19080_BR6566
http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/pants/SUNFADEDCHINOS/PRDOVR~19080/19080.jsp

03226_NA5810
http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/pants/brokeninchinos/PRDOVR~03226/03226.jsp

30 percent off now too. Go bro, they are worth it. IF you need anymore help let me know!!!

Too vague.

Price point? Your physique? How do you want them to fit?

Not sure why they would feel like high waters unless you got the improper inseam from the start.

I'm willing to pay for a quality product, last couple pair were around $59 but all shrunk

I'm 6'2, small build, 170 lbs

Slim fit

BR/GAP Khaki's always shrink. Invest in a good pair of the pairs listed below. I suggest going to the store and trying them on.

30 percent off now too. Go bro, they are worth it. IF you need anymore help let me know!!!

Nice, appreciate that. I always buy their shirts and sweaters. I need to check the fit on the pants

Last edited:
I'm willing to pay for a quality product, last couple pair were around $59 but all shrunk

I'm 6'2, small build, 170 lbs

Slim fit
Dang, man. You are def a slim dude. Try J. Crew 484 or Levi's 511. I'm 5'10'' at 160 lbs, also a small guy, and those fit me well for chinos.

Just went to Jcrew on Broadway yesterday in the freezing cold, saw so many frate boy and frat girls in santa outfits getting drunk and acting dumb :lol:.
So common now, hate what NY has become.

But anyway just brought these. Bowery Tartan Pants.

2 questions.

how high should i get the break on the bottom, one of the girls in the store said I should get it just above the top of the shoe. but I always feel like when I sit down my pants rise up too high and I ain't with the high waters.

next question I'm trying to rock it british rocker style like get some t shirts and nice looking boots and rock them like they do in Europe.
What goes with blackwatch besides a blazer?

Also does ironing the front take the pleat out?

Last edited:
Just went to Jcrew on Broadway yesterday in the freezing cold, saw so many frate boy and frat girls in santa outfits getting drunk and acting dumb :lol:.
So common now, hate what NY has become.

But anyway just brought these. Bowery Tartan Pants.

2 questions.

how high should i get the break on the bottom, one of the girls in the store said I should get it just above the top of the shoe. but I always feel like when I sit down my pants rise up too high and I ain't with the high waters.

next question I'm trying to rock it british rocker style like get some t shirts and nice looking boots and rock them like they do in Europe.
What goes with blackwatch besides a blazer?

Also does ironing the front take the pleat out?

i don't care for santa con either, im guessing its people who don't regularly go out in manhattan/out of towners. santacon isn't a special night, its just like any other happy hour after work in midtown for me lol.

1. the girl is correct. i feel you wit da highwaters, but trust b, you lookin foolish with baggy dress pants. you def don't wanna be about that life. u sit down ur slacks will ride up a bit (below calf) but it won't be bad at all. thats the whole point of getting quality (but affordable) dress socks of various colors. if your pants are at your shoe, and you are sitting down, you look like a clown. if you stand up and your pants look dumb baggy, you look like you borrowed a taller guys pants, and at the same time, also a clown.

2. you got me on that lol

3. i doubt it but im not sure, but if not about the pleats, DON'T buy the pant. buy non pleated.

If pants are pleated, i think you have to go to a tailor to get them out but that might not work

nothing wrong with pleated pants imo

just dont have them on chinos/casual pants

i think pleated works best with high waist and with a jacket

otherwise, a flat front is probably more attractive on most people

Back
Top Bottom