Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Called the guy for Eisner, the hiring meeting that was supposed to happen yesterday got cancelled. said "he'll get back to me on thursday.." but is notorious for taking FOREVER to respond to me/people. :stoneface: My interview with them was back in December but they've been moving into one consolidated office and didn't get it all completed til July. They've held off on hiring until after but just keep giving me the damb run around. Would you guys even bother at this point?
When did you tell the other company that you will make a decision by?

As far as hiring goes, I'm pretty sure after all the interviews were done they already know who they want to hire so at this point he might've told you that because they offered the position to someone else and are waiting on that persons response before getting back to you

As far as hiring goes, I'm pretty sure after all the interviews were done they already know who they want to hire so at this point he might've told you that because they offered the position to someone else and are waiting on that persons response before getting back to you

This is about as "unplugged" as it gets :lol:

I tried to be "nice" about haha

Thug is right. If they're done with interviews, they already know who they want and sent out offers already. They're waiting for their first choices to accept or decline the offers and then if any spots open up, they'll give you a ring.

This is about as "unplugged" as it gets :lol:

I tried to be "nice" about haha

Thug is right. If they're done with interviews, they already know who they want and sent out offers already. They're waiting for their first choices to accept or decline the offers and then if any spots open up, they'll give you a ring.
Yeah I understand where you guys are coming from. Likely I'll just end up with the other place that offered yesterday. I cannot sit on my hands for a few weeks, hoping for something that might never come in. If I don't have a definitive yes/no by Friday, I'm going to just accept the other. Still more than what I currently make along with being more direct to my field (accounting).

Is the Eisner job for this season?

Our firm does hiring in two waves: 1 year out - so those graduating in 2014 we'll interview now and offer positions for 2015. This process takes the longest.
Then, when we're done with engagement budgets and such, we look at our immediate hiring needs. We do it on a local level basis, so the decision making is a little bit quicker.

Is the Eisner job for this season?

Our firm does hiring in two waves: 1 year out - so those graduating in 2014 we'll interview now and offer positions for 2015. This process takes the longest.
Then, when we're done with engagement budgets and such, we look at our immediate hiring needs. We do it on a local level basis, so the decision making is a little bit quicker.
The reason why this took so long was their move. But if it lands, the interviews were in December and the position starts in September.

Yeah I understand where you guys are coming from. Likely I'll just end up with the other place that offered yesterday. I cannot sit on my hands for a few weeks, hoping for something that might never come in. If I don't have a definitive yes/no by Friday, I'm going to just accept the other. Still more than what I currently make along with being more direct to my field (accounting).

Smart POA. You don't want to sit there waiting and end up losing out on both jobs. Accept first job, and wait for second to get back to you. If they do get back to you and you still want it--Lets job 1 know and respectfully and professionally let them know what's going on.

I was in a situation similar to yours a few years back. I ended up hearing from the other place I interviewed for, but declined their offer and stayed with the company that first hired me.

Smart POA. You don't want to sit there waiting and end up losing out on both jobs. Accept first job, and wait for second to get back to you. If they do get back to you and you still want it--Lets job 1 know and respectfully and professionally let them know what's going on.

I was in a situation similar to yours a few years back. I ended up hearing from the other place I interviewed for, but declined their offer and stayed with the company that first hired me.
You don't think the contract I sign would prevent me to leave so soon though? i.e. 1 month in or so?

If their move caused them to delay offers, then it delayed making offers. 2nd Tax Season is ramping up, so I'd imagine you can tell them you need to know as you have other offers on the table.

At that point you'll know where you stand. I don't know Eisner's hiring practice, but I know public accounting and generally larger firms aren't dicking around when it comes to hiring, especially in the near term.

If their move caused them to delay offers, then it delayed making offers. 2nd Tax Season is ramping up, so I'd imagine you can tell them you need to know as you have other offers on the table.

At that point you'll know where you stand. I don't know Eisner's hiring practice, but I know public accounting and generally larger firms aren't dicking around when it comes to hiring, especially in the near term.
So much truth here. Thanks for the insight man. Obviously not threateningly but I will drop the "other offer" convo when we speak later this week. "My preference would still be to work with EA but I have another offer that needs to hear back from me soon. I'd rather not make a decision without a definitive one from your company first."

So much truth here. Thanks for the insight man. Obviously not threateningly but I will drop the "other offer" convo when we speak later this week. "My preference would still be to work with EA but I have another offer that needs to hear back from me soon. I'd rather not make a decision without a definitive one from your company first."

Exactly. The last person I interviewed for our firm mentioned he'd have to make some decisions and he has some other interviews coming up. Completely appropriate. We understand we're not a silo and talent will always have options.

If you have any other questions - feel free to let me know.

I actually don't think that or the black one is that bad for the pricepoint ($150) **Kanye Shrug**

Yeah man, this happens all the time. Just let them know in a courteous manner and it'll be fine.

Going on a date to a very upscale restaurant on Saturday and wanted to know if these pants are suitable to wear? They've been sitting in my closet for a month now cause I need a shirt to go with them. Any suggestions?

Going on a date to a very upscale restaurant on Saturday and wanted to know if these pants are suitable to wear? They've been sitting in my closet for a month now cause I need a shirt to go with them. Any suggestions?

White dress shirt, brown loafers and you're Gucci :smokin

Can anyone provide more info on orient? I'm not too knowledgeable about watches but is the brand really all that good? Wasn't really looking to spend money on one right now but for that price I seriously am thinking about it. Jay, repped for the lookout :pimp:

C'mon A, how you just gonna think I'm lying to you like that :smh: :smh:
Haha mych, put me on game bro! PM dat

Back
Top Bottom