Dressing Better Vol 2.0

real life...
idk how you guys feel about h and m but they have some cheaper pants going... cords and some other khaki type pants... excellent for the price imo
Fast fashion is where the billion dollars firms are at. H&M is great for stuff to wear once or twice. I used to frequent them prior to being able to afford higher quality brands. Some of the deals they have during the holidays are great, ie buy one get one free.

I really dislike that rolled pant look.

Levi's has a pretty nice pair of 508 Taper Cargos now. I have the green pair, might pick up the tan pair later.

Fast fashion is where the billion dollars firms are at. H&M is great for stuff to wear once or twice. I used to frequent them prior to being able to afford higher quality brands. Some of the deals they have during the holidays are great, ie buy one get one free.

Wisith I have to disagree with you buddy. I think items from places like H&M and even other brands like Target can last, assuming you have a decent rotation. My navy and beige color chinos which I bought at H&M about a year ago are still holding up really well but it's also because they aren't pants that I wear 1-2 times a week. If anything they're probably worn once every 2 weeks or so. If you take care of your clothes, don't live super hard in them and have a decent rotation they can definitely last.

Question for all of you, what are your opinions on a white blazer? Found one yesterday but ended up passing on it and thinking about going back and getting it especially for $10. It's cotton and by Perry Ellis. Can it be worn as a separate? Is it douche like (lol)?

^

I can vouch for some H&M items being able to last a while. Mainly pants and outerwear. Some of their flannels last, but their dress shirts, atleast the $30 and below ones arent too too durable. You might get lucky and have it last but use it frequently and its gonna lose its shape quick.

Does anybody have these Sebago Fairhavens?

Amazon product ASIN B004UEMG9A
sebago20658fairhavenbootan.jpg

I saw a great deal on EBay and was wondering how they hold up :nerd: :nerd:

lyonbc1, i have them. they are still new in the box. i just tried them on. quality wise don't expect anything too great. the material is fairly thin. on the positive side they look pretty good (to me) and at $80 or less is a pretty good deal.

lyonbc1, i have them. they are still new in the box. i just tried them on. quality wise don't expect anything too great. the material is fairly thin. on the positive side they look pretty good (to me) and at $80 or less is a pretty good deal.

Thanks man, yeah I have a pair of goretex timbs I use when it gets really bad w/ snow and ice here....but I was looking for something to wear in fall, I did see em for like 70 so I may pull the trigger

Question for all of you, what are your opinions on a white blazer? Found one yesterday but ended up passing on it and thinking about going back and getting it especially for $10. It's cotton and by Perry Ellis. Can it be worn as a separate? Is it douche like (lol)?

I have a white blazer that I got last year and it's definitely one of my favorites but because it is such a unique jacket, I only wear it once a year. Personally, I would only wear mine in the spring/summer months. I wouldn't say it is douche like but that also can depend on how you wear it. When I wore mine this year, I wore it with red pants and a baby blue shirt and I could see how some would say that is douchey haha. For $10, I would definitely recommend copping one.

Who here got Trenches? I need a nice "non-pervert long" trench coat.

I love trench coats even though I never owned one, being in SoCal, chances are I never will.
I know people scoff at Burberry but they are the original tranch coat manufacturer
2isxwnn.jpg
16m2r7.jpg

30bedtt.jpg
neypvp.jpg

2pzh7qb.jpg
2ajt9pk.jpg

Even their regular long-coats look good.
2n0n1w7.jpg
2po4iu9.jpg

20kyon8.jpg
23ixb1j.jpg

Probably posted already but did you guys see this? GQ x GAP men's wear line up looking great!!!
http://www.highsnobiety.com/2012/09...iry-saturdays-others/#PhotoSwipe1347968862750
Olive skinny Cargo's from Todd Snyder :smokin
Mark Mcnairy camo cargos and chambray shirt :smokin
The striped long sleeve polo by Ian Velardi :smokin

nice color, just too slim for my liking.

Every nter is about to get those slim camp cargos.

I would be really surprised if the actual pants fits the same way as it does in the pic w/o sizing down 2-3 sizes. I've just never seen GAP sell clothes that fit that way yet.

This might be a stretch for the dressing better thread too so forgive me if it is, although I do believe dressing better doesnt just mean dress shoes and whatnot.

Whats peoples opinions on these? I woudnt mind these with a pair of 511 Khaki pants or even slim fit chinos, nice fitting varsity jacket and plain tee. Something like that.

Probably posted already but did you guys see this? GQ x GAP men's wear line up looking great!!!
http://www.highsnobiety.com/2012/09...iry-saturdays-others/#PhotoSwipe1347968862750
Olive skinny Cargo's from Todd Snyder :smokin
Mark Mcnairy camo cargos and chambray shirt :smokin
The striped long sleeve polo by Ian Velardi :smokin

nice color, just too slim for my liking.

Every nter is about to get those slim camp cargos.

I would be really surprised if the actual pants fits the same way as it does in the pic w/o sizing down 2-3 sizes. I've just never seen GAP sell clothes that fit that way yet.

Gap slim fit khakis fit me perfect so i am going to roll the dice and go with my normal size in gap pants when i "try" to pick these up lol. If they are listed as skinny and not a slim fit i might go 33x32 instead of my normal 32x32. I know nt loves the skinny cargo this year so hoping i can pick them up

This might be a stretch for the dressing better thread too so forgive me if it is, although I do believe dressing better doesnt just mean dress shoes and whatnot.

Whats peoples opinions on these? I woudnt mind these with a pair of 511 Khaki pants or even slim fit chinos, nice fitting varsity jacket and plain tee. Something like that.

Personally not my style but you can definitely pull those off. With vibrant color sneaks like that, you definitely want to keep it simple. I think some 511/chinos, a varsity, and a plain tee fit the bill.

And you're right, dressing better means more than wearing OCBDs, dress shoes, and blazers. Much more. It's about how you feel, how it fits, and how it's put together.

I think it's a thin line especially when it comes to bigger and bulkier and high-tops. Not to say it can't work, I continually wear chinos with Lanvin, Raf, etc... they just tend to be lower profile and doesn't make my feet look gigantic.

RDJ continually pulls off the sneakers with suits/tux look albeit he is like Beckham that he can rock almost anything and his personality would carry him but I think overall it works for him. He's never been perfect with it all the time but he can pull it off and dude is pretty damn short too.
1ymttl.jpg

rlevsj.jpg

2lk5w0h.jpg

Serg: I had some H&M pieces that I wore at my former job when I had to get my hands dirty at times. $30-40 trousers held up for almost a year after numerous wears. The crotch blew out so it was RIP. :lol:

Picasso: Those shoes are very nice. I still like sneakers and I would wear that in a hot second.

P: man, you'll be able to cop that thing like it's a $10 piece in 3 years, bro.

RFX: you and me both, man. The closest thing to a trench I own is an over coat.

Back
Top Bottom