Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Didn't even realize you guys have had the blog up and running for 3 months now already.

I really have been busy/absent from this thread...

Quick question before I order some AE park avenues. How is the sizing on these? Would you say similar to vans? I wear a 10.5 in just about everything minus vans(10) and some old stafford dress shoes which I was also a 10 in.

Last edited:
Quick question before I order some AE park avenues.. Do they run about half a size bigger? Similar to vans? I wear a 10.5 in just about everything minus vans(10) and some old stafford dress shoes which I was also a 10.

You should probably hit a Nordstroms or something to try some AE's on in person, just because you want dress shoes to fit 100% right.

That said, I'm a 10.5 in Jordan's and AM1's, and I usually wear a 8E - 8.5D or E in AE's.

Shoes are built on a last which gives it its shape. Park Ave's are on the 5 last (most narrow). Definitely go to nordie's and try on. Your width might even be changed. Here's more info on last's:
http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/AllAboutLastsView?langId=&storeId=1&catalogId=40000000001

edit:
Oh and chopper that difference for you should not be nearly as crazy..

I wear 10.5 in Nikes/Jordan. 10 in Converse/Vans. 10D in all of my dress shoes (most of which are AE's)

Last edited:
Dude probably rocks three pairs of socks with his Jordans, :lol:

10.5 Jordans/Air Maxes
10.5 Vans
10 Jack Purcells
11 Nike Free's
10.5D Allen Edmonds

That's my sizing.

I have a pair of khaki ones and honestly the price point does not justify the quality. I mean they're dope but its more of a novelty to me. Sub$30 for the hallenstein ones are sufficient, hell I rock then more

What model do you have/recommend? Are the Dakota ones slim? Looking for something that fits similar to the Lands End joints. Thanks :smokin

Dude probably rocks three pairs of socks with his Jordans, :lol:

:rolleyes . Nope. Although I do prefer my sneaks a bit looser than my dress shoes.

It is a large size gap though. Not like I'm trying to give the guy bad advice, just telling it like it is for me. I had to sell the most recent Concord 11 retro because I got a size 10 and they were too tight. My DMP 11's are a 10.5 and they're perfect. My 13 pair of AE (not humble brag) range from 8E - 9C.

Last edited:
J.Crew bros,

40% off final sale in store.

Managed to buy a Liberty floral tie for $6 (from $75) and a glen-plaid 100% wool pocket square for $10. 15% student discount applies, but as with all final sale, no returns/exchanges.

laugh.gif

Also, dudes...if you have any cool outfit pictures, please send them in to [email protected]

I updated the blog, and there's only one entry in the last month or so
laugh.gif
We'll def. keep in touch!

I have a pair of khaki ones and honestly the price point does not justify the quality. I mean they're dope but its more of a novelty to me. Sub$30 for the hallenstein ones are sufficient, hell I rock then more

What model do you have/recommend? Are the Dakota ones slim? Looking for something that fits similar to the Lands End joints. Thanks :smokin

I've got quite the large quads due to lifting . What's your body type?

The Dakota's are a bit more forgiving in da thigh area.

The one quib about the Dakota that its draw string. The other ones I have detroitni think are more ur DB friendly

^tough for me to tell but it may be a linen wool blend. Based on what others are wearing it looks nice out so that would make sense.

So I just received some Helmut Lang jeans and I'm practically swimming in the legs. They're straight leg, can a tailor slim down the legs? It looks like it'll require more than just a hem and taper. Is there anything else she can do to them? and how much should I expect to spend

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom