Dressing Better Vol 2.0

:pimp: Good stuff, Sasha.

I'm gonna get married so I can rock the a tux myself soon.

Yeah wis, it's great! I fell in love with the west coast while I was out there. Sad to see what happened at SFO today, especially since I flew out of there Thursday.

Gentlemen,

What type of messenger-style bags are you rocking?

Looking for a leather bag myself and haven't found anything I like.

Gentlemen,

What type of messenger-style bags are you rocking?

Looking for a leather bag myself and haven't found anything I like.
I used a J. Crew canvas messenger for about 2 years. I got it on deep discount and it withstood my abuse fine. I have an LV one I use at times but not much. If you plan on carrying a lot of heavy things I would advise against a backpack and messenger bag because they will mess up the shoulders on your jacket over time. It's best to use some sort of handles for that.

For those who ordered from Barneys during the extra 30% off, have your items shipped? Mine just did. I'm really eager to get the stuff because I wanna see what color they are :lol:

Item one: on the website, it shows a gray peacoat. However, this is the description in the shipping email.

NAVY DB DOUBLE TWILL 2 PATCH FLAP 97WL/3
PRINGLE SMALL GREY

Item two: on the website, it shows a blue trouser. However, this is in the description in the shipping email.

PETROL SLIM LEG 1/4 TOP CORDO PANT
CARVEN 42 DK. GREEN

I don't recall seeing those colors mentioned prior to checking out so we will see.

Just got my email. They really need to work on that site, it sucks viewing mobile and I couldn't even checkout without turning off my pop up blocker.

Really liking his overcoat

ryan-reynolds-for-details-august-2013.jpg

^The coat looks good, but maybe a bit too short for me...hard to tell though.

Today:

Not sure if this is the same coat as the one on the cover but the middle one looks similar. Seems like a perfect length, it's Paul Smith

Last edited:
^Way too short, man. If it's a peacoat, then it would be alright to me.

Around the knee is money.

That length looks like it should be worn over a suit jacket. Shorter could be pulled off more casually, I like both lengths.

That length looks like it should be worn over a suit jacket. Shorter could be pulled off more casually, I like both lengths.
It depends on the cut. Some are meant to be worn in lieu of a jacket. My Paul Smith topcoat is like that, while my Pringle of Scotland is very voluminous. I can wear a jacket and then some with no problem.

It depends on the cut. Some are meant to be worn in lieu of a jacket. My Paul Smith topcoat is like that, while my Pringle of Scotland is very voluminous. I can wear a jacket and then some with no problem.
I understand where Wes is coming from but best believe, that above the knee joint will be copped for this F/W. Overcoats/Topcoats are some of the coolest pieces of menswear one can own IMO. You have no idea how excited I was when I scored that camel peacoat thrifting but I know it has not quelled my want. Either going with grey, navy, a tad darker than that brown above^, or perhaps just another tan :lol:

camel coat will definitely be copped this year.

seriously though all this outerwear talk is tripping me out right now. it's been 90+ for over week with no end in sight. havent worn anything but shorts and a t-shirt recently lol

I understand where Wes is coming from but best believe, that above the knee joint will be copped for this F/W. Overcoats/Topcoats are some of the coolest pieces of menswear one can own IMO. You have no idea how excited I was when I scored that camel peacoat thrifting but I know it has not quelled my want. Either going with grey, navy, a tad darker than that brown above^, or perhaps just another tan :lol:
You ain't lying, man. I plan on rocking my topcoat with sneakers sooner or later.

Camel is one of my favorite colors. I wanted a camel peacoat for the longest, since I saw it on a GQ mag from 2009 or so. I got it when ToJ offered it 2 years ago, went against the trad choice of navy.

Adrian if you ever score another peacoat in a 42/L let me know please :nerd:
Only problem is that you wouldn't be able to try it on to really tell if it fit properly :\ But eyes shall be kept on the out.

camel coat will definitely be copped this year.

seriously though all this outerwear talk is tripping me out right now. it's been 90+ for over week with no end in sight. havent worn anything but shorts and a t-shirt recently lol
Who you tellin! This NJ heat is a killer right now.

You ain't lying, man. I plan on rocking my topcoat with sneakers sooner or later.

Camel is one of my favorite colors. I wanted a camel peacoat for the longest, since I saw it on a GQ mag from 2009 or so. I got it when ToJ offered it 2 years ago, went against the trad choice of navy.
Most likely will just camel it again. Not making crazy amounts of money but enough that I am willing to drop what is needed to pick up a piece that will hopefully last me for years.

I have not seen that myself in person (at least I don't think so) but if the picture of it with the model (white guy) wearing it is a true representation of the color, then its definitely not black. More like charcoal. I like :smokin

Can someone point me in the direction of an average priced bomber jacket (100-300). The best one i've seen had a zipper on the chest but it was Rick Owens ($1000+)

Can someone point me in the direction of an average priced bomber jacket (100-300). The best one i've seen had a zipper on the chest but it was Rick Owens ($1000+)
FYI, that's not an average price range...it's more like a lower end. Even stuff at Zara and the likes would be at least $100 and quality would be less than mediocre.

I'm not sure what material you're looking for, be it cotton, wool, or leather or suede, but IMO an average price would be at least $500 for a nice leather/suede piece.

I'd just wait and get something like this on sale if I were you: http://www.barneys.com/Perfecto-Bra...ault,pd.html?gclid=CMO_1Nu3nrgCFSFyQgodZgIABA

Here's an APC one on sale. I tried it out in person and it was meh, pretty thin. You're going to need to layer it up for the colder days for sure.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/a-p-c-d..._sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_13_D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom