Drake vs. Meek Mill: The Thread we were all to lazy to make until now. Reference Tracks released

Anybody with a ghostwriter won't just be telling dudes all willy nilly. If he's a snitch drake is essentially a cheater

l don't have a stake in this since I don't listen to either artists but from what I see

it seems like much of the backlash against Meek has more to do with people wanting to get their social media jokes/memes off
Well the whole thing started with Meek trying to get his social media joke off. Now he's the butt of the joke.
he was joking?  My thing is, do people really think his response was as bad as they say or do they just want to perpetuate the laugh
He was trying to clown Drake is what I'm saying. Now look at him, WWE is pursuing legal action for using the undertaker sample, Nikki Minaj leaving him rumors, clips of him getting booed in clubs and arenas. He might have completely buried his own career when just a few weeks ago everything was peachy. I don't know if he was genuinely bitter about not getting a tweet from Drake or if he was just trying to get publicity for his album. Either way, it was arguably the worst chess move of all time in hip hop history. He, for no reason at all, just decided to dig his own ditch and lay in it.

And in my opinion, the response was genuinely terrible. Production was terrible. The way the reference track was interjected into the song was terrible. No concise direction in the lyrics, half of the bars were random throwaway filler bars(talking about tieing his mother up, ******* his sister in the ***, and hitting up his brother? What? Drake doesn't even have siblings and don't say it was a Baby, Nicki, Wayne reference. Calling him buttercup? Is this dude serious?). The flow was basic. He doesn't know how to enunciate. It sounded like the most generic mixtape rapper diss song I've ever heard. There wasn't a single memorable bar in that song. People can practically quote Drake's entire verse. The only memorable thing in that entire song was him saying Drake got pissed on at the end and he wasn't even rapping when he said it. People are comparing him to Ja Rule, but Ja's responses throughout that entire beef > this garbage.

Last edited:
There's a reason why even the Meek fans aren't quoting a single bar from the song...even they don't remember any of them.

How do you have this much ammo and you can't come up with 1 memorable line?

Meek started something he can't finish. He's battling a person that has advantage in pretty much everything including his own girl. I won't eve get started on Meeks response track, cause that **** was just...lol. 

Reference Tracks don't necessarily incite ghostwriting... I thtink Drake and  the other dude just went back to back and made a song together and he recorded  what he thought it should sound like then Drake went on and recorded with the same bars or slight variation. I don't see anything wrong with that (even ghostwriting is okay. Example- Dr Dre, Naughty By Nature[I forgot the members name who never wrote a single one of his raps], Eazy E...list goes on). Wale has helped Meek write songs which is the same damn thing except Wale didn't record a reference track... Kanye probably has many reference tracks. Sooo with that being said Meek came with 0 ammunition from the start, which is why alot of people were surprised Drake responded.

It looks like Drake is not done with Meek... OVO put this up on the tube

Last edited:
Charged Up shirt 
roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

drake is gonna try to finish meek off pause cause it's also a message to all the other industry cats

drake fully aware people want him gone

meek has no way of winning

drake is more popular and raps better

Last edited:
It's no defending Drake having a ghostwriter. Dre, Eazy, Kanye. We have always known those dudes had writers. And they were never looked at as great rappers. Drake stans have been screaming for years he's the best rapper out, he says he's the best, he says every song is Drake ft Drake then we found out it's really QM ft Drake. C'mon on bruh lol.

It's 2 things that's saving Drake. Meek handled this situation all wrong after exposing him. That diss track was trash. The other thing is lyrics really don't mean **** to a lot of fans these days. As long as it's catchy they don't care. Dudes would not let all these reference tracks slide 10-12 years ago.

Last edited:
It's no defending Drake having a ghostwriter. Dre, Eazy, Kanye. We have always known those dudes had writers. And they were never looked at as great rappers. Drake stans have been screaming for years he's the best rapper out, he says he's the best, he says every song is Drake ft Drake then we found out it's really QM ft Drake. C'mon on bruh lol.

Not to get to off topic..Drake and Kanye ARE great writers. The most memorable Drake songs are his most personal ones.

People are just assuming that the lyrics on the tracks werent written at all by Drake. And I'm assuming the lyrics were written by Drake and the other dude. Fact is we don't know.

Who thought meek had real ammo in the first place? At what angle should he have attacked Drake from? He doesn't falsely claim anything from what I know.

Dude took the photo down already.

Apparently nicki just left him too...

Lol

Dudes world ended within a week.

Sheesh.

How many times Nicki done left this ***** in the last 2 months? I hear that rumor every week.

We really posting random ig comments as if they have any type of validity now?

That one does apparently.

It's his long time friend while growing up.

Asked meek for 5k and meek goes to IG to post and out him ?

If anyone needs to redefine themselves it's this clown.

Dude has the emotional feelings of a 13 year old girl going thru puberty.

What's the point of running onto social media and "snitching" on situations?

Be a grown man and deal with it internally rather than running to social media outlets and crying like a girl.

How anyone can have respect for this dude is beyond me.

Kendrick Lamar has been clowning dude too..

Every rapper has messed with a transsexual if you believe the internet. How many times are people going to buy into the same story?

I have new found respect for Drake even though I'm not a huge fan of his music. Dude took 4 pre-emptive strikes against a "hood dude" and is probably more popular now than he was before. ****, it's one of Apple Music's most popular songs, and Drake gets paid off of all of it. Meek lost in every kind of way.

bwood056 bwood056 point being I don't believe that ****. Every time I hear it I see footage of her missing son on their tour the next day. Then son posted a picture with son shirt off and light glaring on his outtie talking bout ewww he has a belly ring? Those are female jokes man cmon [emoji]128514[/emoji], drake fans looking funny in the light. I thought we was off this ****, until somebody make another move that matters let that **** go man.

bwood056 bwood056 point being I don't believe that ****. Every time I hear it I see footage of her missing son on their tour the next day. Then son posted a picture with son shirt off and light glaring on his outtie talking bout ewww he has a belly ring? Those are female jokes man cmon [emoji]128514[/emoji], drake fans looking funny in the light. I thought we was off this ****, until somebody make another move that matters let that **** go man.

How is clowning a dude with a belly button ring "female jokes"...

You're joking, right ?

Strippers and **** have belly button rings....

What grown *** man has a belly button ring ?

Last edited:
So that automatically makes it true? U gotta chill with the beauty salon chatty patty rumors that a outside person no one even knows said. **** was 2 years ago and nothing came of it.

Back
Top Bottom