Dr. Shaquille O'Neal....yup, dude graduated w/ doctoral degree over the weekend.

Props to him....

He's officially Dr. O'Neal now.

NBA legend Shaquille O'Neal received his doctoral degree in Education from Barry University Saturday morning alongside another 1,100 students during multiple commencement ceremonies at the James L. Knight Center.

Like all things done by the four-time world champion, 15-time All-Star, movie star, rapper and entertainer, O'Neal, 40, received his degree in Organizational Learning and Leadership with a specialization in Human Resource Development in style.

Wearing a bright red XXXL-sized robe, the 7-foot, 1, 325-pound retired center got on one knee on stage so Dr. David M. Kopp could place a light blue hood around his big neck. O'Neal celebrated by standing up and lifting up Kopp like Tarzan rescuing Jane. The moment, which was being captured by TV cameras and student's cell phones, brought on loud cheers from the crowd.

Link

Read that he's gonna go to law school next.  

Just finished his book and he was talking about getting this degree.. Props to him

Originally Posted by bjamez20

I really wish shaq would just fade into bolivian..

bolivian-miners-morales-008.jpg

Saw this last night on Inside the NBA and all I could think was how much better the show was with just Charles, Kenny, and Ernie. Best part was Kenny and Charles just joking on Shaq and wondering how did he get a degree.

I'm all for higher education so if dude really did any original research, props to him. But did he really have to do all that at commencement? Just confirms the attention #+*!+ stigma that will always be attached to him
30t6p3b.gif

Respect for dude. Its always a good thing to get further educated.

Ive got mixed feelings on him majoring in leadership considering his playing days, but its not that big of a deal. Always appreciated to see someone study OD/HR.

I just hope that this Dr Shaq thing doesnt get out of hand.

For some reason...I don't see shaq doing any work outside the classroom...just doesn't strike me and somebody that works on his craft..

Originally Posted by MastaMind033

Saw this last night on Inside the NBA and all I could think was how much better the show was with just Charles, Kenny, and Ernie. Best part was Kenny and Charles just joking on Shaq and wondering how did he get a degree.

All of this

Originally Posted by Freeze

For some reason...I don't see shaq doing any work outside the classroom...just doesn't strike me and somebody that works on his craft..

This. I wanted to post something like this earlier but I couldnt find the right words.

It's similar to a college professor. What professors at universities have actual work experience that is relevant to their field of study?

Nothing againt Shaq, but I dont see him putting leadership studies well into practice. He had enough problems in the NBA where he wasnt getting enough touches, and in my opinion the only way he knows how to lead is to do it himself (when there are may other ways I would assume). We see it all on TNT where he talks about himself almost all the time.

Respect for Shaq and further education, dont get me wrong. I just find it a bit ironic that a player of his history gets a doctoral degree in leadership.

Lifting that guy up like a baby was too much imo. Dude is too old to be behaving like a rookie. If he did legitimately attain his degree then much respect is given.

Organizational Learning and Leadership with a specialization in Human Resource Development?

congrats

I call #!%$##!%.

I'm sorry, but Shaq, a doctorates degree? Going to law school? As long as he is apart of TNT I'm done with that. I don't need Shaq to remind me that he has two, three, four, however many phony degrees. I have done more work than his clownass in one year of undergraduate work than I'm sure he's done in his entire collegiate career.

I don't buy it.

Get a degree in nursing or biology or physics or math, then maybe I'd believe it.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I call #!%$##!%.

I'm sorry, but Shaq, a doctorates degree? Going to law school? As long as he is apart of TNT I'm done with that. I don't need Shaq to remind me that he has two, three, four, however many phony degrees. I have done more work than his clownass in one year of undergraduate work than I'm sure he's done in his entire collegiate career.

I don't buy it.

Get a degree in nursing or biology or physics or math, then maybe I'd believe it.
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Didn't expect this from you JA

Doctoral? 
grin.gif

Am I the only one that thinks he probably didn't do his own research and had someone do it for him?

I'll take that degree with a grain of salt.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I call #!%$##!%.

I don't buy it.

Rip him!

JapanAir21:
I call #!%$##!%.

I don't buy it.

I'm w/ 1,000%... but I would have never said it.
laugh.gif
That can only come off one way: haterific.

Shaq to Kenny: "Kiss Chuck like he kissed **** (bavetta)"
roll.gif

I know he was referring to Bavetta, but just sounded so wrong the way he said it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Shaq to Kenny: "Kiss Chuck like he kissed **** (bavetta)"
roll.gif

I know he was referring to Bavetta, but just sounded so wrong the way he said it
laugh.gif

Lmao...THIS...

Back
Top Bottom