don't tell me Nas is about to do the Unthinkable.....

sw80757499.gif

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by zona0924

http://news-briefs.ew.com...for-baby-born-yesterday/

Didn't do much research but $44,000 a month with no new music/hits in last couple years?  Sounds like a desperate situation to me. 

No further comments til rumors are substantiated. 
What does that have to do with his career? How does signing to YM directly fund his child support? How dumb can you be to assume Nas has no money to address that issue, to even bring up w/e his child support is? Like he not still making money off his old albums.

laugh.gif
@ the amount of yall idiots putting stock in this. IDIOTS, I say.

Not saying I think he needs money for child support, but it's possible that they could give him an advancement to do an album under YMCMB thus giving him money for child support, if needed.  Don't forget, he dropped Ether then ended up signing to Def Jam when Jay was president.  If it wasn't for money then why would he want to be signed under Jay-Z?
What the +$%$ are you talking about? That was years later son. The way you just said that would have a person who doesn't know nothing think Nas dropped Ether, Jay became President of DJ and then signed Nas to DJ. Be serious son. Not only did they squash that and got past it but it was not Jay-Z who brokered the deal for Nas to sign to Def Jam. He was not overseeing Nas' albums that were being released when he was on DJ either. Besides that he signed to Def Jam not the Roc. Jay being the president is irrelevant to Nas money situation as well. So there's nothing to forget. Signing to DJ wasn't because Nas needed the money. Like yall need to chill with this revisionist history. What money problems did Nas even have then for you to imply that he was willing to sign to a person you thought he still had problems with? Son was still married to Kelis and there weren't any rumors about him needing money.

Any label Nas would suddenly sign to would be a career move. Of course money would be important son aint desperate for money where he's looking for the label that'll over him the highest advance and at this point mainstream wise aint nobody offering Nas crazy amount money to sign to them. So changing labels would be a music decision. FTR, he's still signed to Def Jam at the moment.

Not saying I think he needs money for child support, but it's possible that they could give him an advancement to do an album under YMCMB thus giving him money for child support, if needed.  Don't forget, he dropped Ether then ended up signing to Def Jam when Jay was president.  If it wasn't for money then why would he want to be signed under Jay-Z?
What the +$%$ are you talking about? That was years later son. The way you just said that would have a person who doesn't know nothing think Nas dropped Ether, Jay became President of DJ and then signed Nas to DJ. Be serious son. Not only did they squash that and got past it but it was not Jay-Z who brokered the deal for Nas to sign to Def Jam. He was not overseeing Nas' albums that were being released when he was on DJ either. Besides that he signed to Def Jam not the Roc. Jay being the president is irrelevant to Nas money situation as well. So there's nothing to forget. Signing to DJ wasn't because Nas needed the money. Like yall need to chill with this revisionist history. What money problems did Nas even have then for you to imply that he was willing to sign to a person you thought he still had problems with? Son was still married to Kelis and there weren't any rumors about him needing money.

Any label Nas would suddenly sign to would be a career move. Of course money would be important son aint desperate for money where he's looking for the label that'll over him the highest advance and at this point mainstream wise aint nobody offering Nas crazy amount money to sign to them. So changing labels would be a music decision. FTR, he's still signed to Def Jam at the moment.

Maybe for someone who can't read it would seem as if all of that happened around the same time, but I clearly said he "ended" up signing with Def Jam when Jay was president, which usually doesn't mean right away.  And you can stop with the rest of that *%+@ because I never said anything about Jay-Z having to do with the deal, I just stated he signed to Def Jam when Jay-Z was president.  Either way you put it he's making Jay-Z money by signing to Def Jam.  And let me know where I said anything about Nas "needing" money, I said he did it for the money, not that he needed it.  Like I said earlier, rappers aren't exempt from using money just like anyone else, so if it wasn't about the money then he could have, just as easily, signed with an indie label for less money and put out whatever albums he wanted.  Now, I only used the "advancement" example in the event that he did need money for child support.  You seem to know how he's doing financially, so if he doesn't need the money then good for him.  Maybe he's just collabing with them or maybe they're offering him a good amount of money to sign with them, I couldn't care less I'm just interested to see what the tweet was about.  Forgive me for attempting to give an explanation as to why Nas would sign with Young Money
laugh.gif
, I didn't know it would affect you so deeply.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

The idea of Nas rapping with lil wayne and Drake
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

or even the idea of nas following wayne's current fashion sense to rap to these 15 year olds

Maybe for someone who can't read it would seem as if all of that happened around the same time, but I clearly said he "ended" up signing with Def Jam when Jay was president, which usually doesn't mean right away.  And you can stop with the rest of that *%+@ because I never said anything about Jay-Z having to do with the deal, I just stated he signed to Def Jam when Jay-Z was president. 
Son all of that $$!+ is irrelevant to Nas needing money so he signs with Def Jam.
Either way you put it he's making Jay-Z money by signing to Def Jam. And let me know where I said anything about Nas "needing" money, I said he did it for the money, not that he needed it. 
Then you have no point and I have no idea why you quoted me in the first place.
Like I said earlier, rappers aren't exempt from using money just like anyone else, so if it wasn't about the money then he could have, just as easily, signed with an indie label for less money and put out whatever albums he wanted.  Now, I only used the "advancement" example in the event that he did need money for child support.  You seem to know how he's doing financially, so if he doesn't need the money then good for him.
There can be multiple reasons for Nas to want to sign to Def Jam. Money which could be one of them. The context in which you're bringing up Jay-Z is irrelevant. If you're not even talking about him needing money or referring to my post where I'm talking to someone who brought up Nas' child support issue what are you even saying?

That Nas could've signed anywhere but he chose DJ and then throw something out there about an advance. What are you even saying?

this can't be right...

If there is anyone that I will vouch for till the day I pass away its Nas. but this can't be right

Maybe for someone who can't read it would seem as if all of that happened around the same time, but I clearly said he "ended" up signing with Def Jam when Jay was president, which usually doesn't mean right away.  And you can stop with the rest of that *%+@ because I never said anything about Jay-Z having to do with the deal, I just stated he signed to Def Jam when Jay-Z was president. 
Son all of that $$!+ is irrelevant to Nas needing money so he signs with Def Jam.
Either way you put it he's making Jay-Z money by signing to Def Jam. And let me know where I said anything about Nas "needing" money, I said he did it for the money, not that he needed it. 
Then you have no point and I have no idea why you quoted me in the first place.
Like I said earlier, rappers aren't exempt from using money just like anyone else, so if it wasn't about the money then he could have, just as easily, signed with an indie label for less money and put out whatever albums he wanted.  Now, I only used the "advancement" example in the event that he did need money for child support.  You seem to know how he's doing financially, so if he doesn't need the money then good for him.
There can be multiple reasons for Nas to want to sign to Def Jam. Money which could be one of them. The context in which you're bringing up Jay-Z is irrelevant. If you're not even talking about him needing money or referring to my post where I'm talking to someone who brought up Nas' child support issue what are you even saying?

That Nas could've signed anywhere but he chose DJ and then throw something out there about an advance. What are you even saying?

Like I said in the beginning, I was just offering an explanation as to why he would sign to Young Money because that's what you asked.

What does that have to do with his career? How does signing to YM directly fund his child support? How dumb can you be to assume Nas has no money to address that issue, to even bring up w/e his child support is? Like he not still making money off his old albums.
Did I say he "needed" money?  No, but I offered an explanation and then you went off the handle as if he has so much money he can't lose it.  Was he hurting at the time he signed with Def Jam?  I don't know, but I'm pretty sure he did it for the money.  There'd be no other reason for him to sign to a label in which his, one time, enemy was the president of because I'm sure there's other labels that would sign him and give him just as much, if not more, freedom for doing his albums, but for less money.  Thus, it's not improbable for him to sign to Young Money for the money.  Whether or not he needs it is beyond me, but if you're gonna how him signing to Young Money will directly fund his child support then I'll offer an explanation and back it up with the fact that he has signed elsewhere for money, so why not Young Money?

i hope this isnt true i will still listin to him but i dont think it would be the same

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

The idea of Nas rapping with lil wayne and Drake
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Lil Wayne was on Distant Relatives and Nas was on the Carter IV...
No wonder why I never listen to that song after Nas' verse.

Originally Posted by T11Time

does it matter if he churns out great music?
nerd.gif

I could have sworn that was the point..................................
smile.gif

BTW- YM and Def Jam fall under UMG, which means Wayne and Nas get their checks signed by the same white guy.............
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom