Dollar Shave Club.....

So anyone on NT tried this yet?
I grow facial hair within pretty quick and go through razors pretty fast.
I been debating if I should try it just wanted to see if anyone here use this service.
It seems pretty cool to simply pay a small monthly fee and have razors delivered to your door.
The only thing stopping me is the quality of the razors.....

Here is the website:

http://www.dollarshaveclub.com/

and not sure how to embed but here is the youtube commercial...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUG9qYTJMsI

That's a great commercial. But I'm unsure about the quality of the razor's.

I'm sticking with my Fusion Proglide

that commercial 
laugh.gif

sadly i can't grow facial hair so i don't go through razors quickly 
frown.gif

i've been using a merkur safety razor along with art of shaving cream and badger brush for the past year 1/2. pack of 12 blades cost about $8 around my way. its been a great investment. I get a very good shave.

That's a pretty good concept. Even if their blades are only adequate changing them regularly will give a decent shave - and because they control the supply then you'll do that.

I use expensive Gillette ones and they're great when they're new but I tend to stretch their use until they're pretty bad.

I've been with Dollar Shave Club since they came out. I'm on the $6 a month plan and just swapped out blades every week. Week 4 New blades show up at my door. The blades are good, a step lower the gillete but still good.

3 blades of Gillete for $18 vs 4 blades of Dollar Shave club for $6.

I signed up for DSC within the first few weeks. I got the Executive level 6 blades plus single trimmer, it's not a bad blade, but they'd occasionally miss the shipping date so after about 3 months I just cancelled the service (especially after I found out about Dorco)

I spent $45 with Dorco and I got enough blades to last me a year. I even convinced my girl to stop using her blades and she switched to the Dorco 6 blade offering.

I'd invest in a safety razor, brush, quality soap, and pack of blades over this.

I need to change the way I shave, Gillette blades always hurt the pockets, :smh:

i've been using a merkur safety razor along with art of shaving cream and badger brush for the past year 1/2. pack of 12 blades cost about $8 around my way. its been a great investment. I get a very good shave.

Where do you get your supplies?

Last edited:
I need to change the way I shave, Gillette blades always hurt the pockets, :smh:

Where do you get your supplies?

Amazon for me. Art of shaving is a fine brand but overpriced.

I own one of these. I definetly see a difference the how long my blades last. But I'm noticing I have to go against the grain to get a closer shave with my Mach 3 Turbo. I'm thinking of upgrading to a Gillette Fusion Pro Glide but I really don't want so many blades.

Amazon product ASIN B004W2UMDW

Back
Top Bottom