Does The Rise In Gold Scare Anyone Else?

What's scary is how fast our total assets as a country are falling and how fast our debt is rising.

What's scary is how fast our total assets as a country are falling and how fast our debt is rising.

Originally Posted by rashi

Originally Posted by isiahil

I do, because I know the type of people writing that BS. Anyone who thinks that the rise in Gold prices should be ignored is an idiot. Gold is the most marketable commodity on the planet and is the most preferable hedge choice. The uses are the most abundant of the precious metals. That's why people are demanding it.
roll.gif
 Most people buying gold are sticking it in a vault. Gold is not be actually USED. The demand for gold is purely for investment purposes. I am not saying all demand, but most.

Did you just totally miss my point where I mentioned that? Where I said "it isn't meant to be traded, it used for insurance purposes", like inflation. I'm just simply making the point on why Gold is so valuable.

I understand that gold is valuable but that's not what I was getting at. You don't think that the article is right when it states that the price of gold has been indexed to inflation?

NO. The price of Gold goes up because of DEMAND. Just like anything else. Have you ever heard of one of these?

final_paper_html_m33ae3f3f.png

And guess what? The United States isn't the only country DEMANDING Gold. India and China are the most consuming Gold hoarders in the world as of recently, and China even has Gold-backed loans and they are even planning a Gold bar sale.

If you are gonna be commenting on the economy at least know your stuff
laugh.gif
. I know this is just NT, but I love the financial markets and follow it all the time, so it pains me to see people with these wild opinions not based in any type of fact. Everybody is like the US economy is done blah blah blah. It is not if you keep up with the facts you would know the US economy is trending upward. Just two months ago everybody was saying it  was going to be a double dip now no one is saying that. 
Jobs report
Consumer confidence
Business confidence

laugh.gif
Believing government statistics. Come one, dude. Unemployment has been hovering around 10% for how long now?

smile.gif
Although the AVI sucks. Rashi seems to be the only one on this board with a clue. Yet, there is more to the story of America.

For all the peeps who think america is done. Your crazy! we will never be done. We just wont be #1. The U.S. is a politically stable country with consumers who have a healthy appetite for consumption(look at H&M). H&M is expanding in america while our country is in a depression. Foreign Direct investments are always a safe play in america too.

Its good to read your little WSJ articles and U.S. data but its all fu fu if you cant analyze it. I know it shocking but there is a difference between summarizing and anaylizing! Futhermore, you that info you read and relate it to your reality

I do, because I know the type of people writing that BS. Anyone who thinks that the rise in Gold prices should be ignored is an idiot. Gold is the most marketable commodity on the planet and is the most preferable hedge choice. The uses are the most abundant of the precious metals. That's why people are demanding it.
roll.gif
 Most people buying gold are sticking it in a vault. Gold is not be actually USED. The demand for gold is purely for investment purposes. I am not saying all demand, but most.

Did you just totally miss my point where I mentioned that? Where I said "it isn't meant to be traded, it used for insurance purposes", like inflation. I'm just simply making the point on why Gold is so valuable.

I understand that gold is valuable but that's not what I was getting at. You don't think that the article is right when it states that the price of gold has been indexed to inflation?

NO. The price of Gold goes up because of DEMAND. Just like anything else. Have you ever heard of one of these?

And guess what? The United States isn't the only country DEMANDING Gold. India and China are the most consuming Gold hoarders in the world as of recently, and China even has Gold-backed loans and they are even planning a Gold bar sale.

laugh.gif
. I know this is just NT, but I love the financial markets and follow it all the time, so it pains me to see people with these wild opinions not based in any type of fact. Everybody is like the US economy is done blah blah blah. It is not if you keep up with the facts you would know the US economy is trending upward. Just two months ago everybody was saying it  was going to be a double dip now no one is saying that. 
Jobs report
Consumer confidence
Business confidence

laugh.gif
Believing government statistics. Come one, dude. Unemployment has been hovering around 10% for how long now?

smile.gif
Although the AVI sucks. Rashi seems to be the only one on this board with a clue. Yet, there is more to the story of America.

For all the peeps who think america is done. Your crazy! we will never be done. We just wont be #1. The U.S. is a politically stable country with consumers who have a healthy appetite for consumption(look at H&M). H&M is expanding in america while our country is in a depression. Foreign Direct investments are always a safe play in america too.

Its good to read your little WSJ articles and U.S. data but its all fu fu if you cant analyze it. I know it shocking but there is a difference between summarizing and anaylizing! Futhermore, you that info you read and relate it to your reality

Home prices will never truly get to where they were before the housing bubble burst. Huge part of our economy. I don't see the economy truly getting better for a while. There are still tons and tons of unemployed people, most lost a ton of value on their homes, 401k's were either used up or were destroyed, and the cost of living has risen with wages staying the same or dipping. Anyone who thinks we're out of the fire is misinformed.

Home prices will never truly get to where they were before the housing bubble burst. Huge part of our economy. I don't see the economy truly getting better for a while. There are still tons and tons of unemployed people, most lost a ton of value on their homes, 401k's were either used up or were destroyed, and the cost of living has risen with wages staying the same or dipping. Anyone who thinks we're out of the fire is misinformed.

roll.gif

laugh.gif
Jobs report
Consumer confidence
Business confidence

laugh.gif

I know it is related with supply and demand as well, but to say inflation has absolutely nothing to do with it is bogus.

roll.gif

laugh.gif
Jobs report
Consumer confidence
Business confidence

laugh.gif

I know it is related with supply and demand as well, but to say inflation has absolutely nothing to do with it is bogus.

it is drastic although I think most people plan to sell off at around 1500-1600 so it should loose of its value htne. But its good to invest now.

it is drastic although I think most people plan to sell off at around 1500-1600 so it should loose of its value htne. But its good to invest now.

Ain't nobody selling off for Long term... Why would I sell my Au when it basically guaranteed to go to 2000 an oz

Ain't nobody selling off for Long term... Why would I sell my Au when it basically guaranteed to go to 2000 an oz

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

whoever thinks we are "on our way to recovery" or we are doing just fine, doesnt know the slightest thing about our country ...
The irony of you saying "doesn't know the slightest thing about"
laugh.gif
i would school you under the table ... i have an econ degree and work as an economist
roll.gif
No you don't, you don't need to lie Marley or is it msaba07, can't keep up with your sn's. You have never said anything semi-intelligent on nt, ever. You probably do work for an economist though, getting his/her coffee and running errands.

whoever thinks we are "on our way to recovery" or we are doing just fine, doesnt know the slightest thing about our country ...
The irony of you saying "doesn't know the slightest thing about"
laugh.gif
i would school you under the table ... i have an econ degree and work as an economist
roll.gif
No you don't, you don't need to lie Marley or is it msaba07, can't keep up with your sn's. You have never said anything semi-intelligent on nt, ever. You probably do work for an economist though, getting his/her coffee and running errands.

Originally Posted by devildog1776

or 5000 an oz and silver 250 an oz

laugh.gif
im glad you know me champ, because i dont recognize your s/n at all ...

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Like I said, you have never said anything semi-intelligent here, keep your streak going.

laugh.gif
Like I said, you have never said anything semi-intelligent here, keep your streak going.

Originally Posted by andycrazn

or 10000 and oz and silver 750 and oz

well the gold/silver ratio should be around 1:16 so if thats the case then silver>gold and it is word to the manipulation by jp morgan and hsbc

well the gold/silver ratio should be around 1:16 so if thats the case then silver>gold and it is word to the manipulation by jp morgan and hsbc

Back
Top Bottom