Does the majority of the U.S. not know Latinos come in all colors and backgrounds????

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

i have a feelin this is gonna lead to the dominicans are/aren't black topic
roll.gif
well being that ninjahood was mentioned, it already has

According to the people on XBox Live, if you speak Spanish then you're Mexican. Ignorance to the max, and the majority of white people in this country think this way. Yes, I said it.

black people have this THE WORSE...

except they will deny any resemblance to african ancestry...

ask what they are, and they'll tell you everything under the sun but african..

they'll claim 1/11 Scandanavian w/ 3/15 Cambodian...

them fractions dont make sense... and dambs is what i dont give...

Originally Posted by jerryjones

no such thing as latino..just an arbitrary term that somehow implies your native language is spanish
BOOM, and hispanics trip the hardest on that !#! tho, they really dont want to be black, and the ones who look white swear they arent white

Originally Posted by AceMaster193

According to the people on XBox Live, if you speak Spanish then you're Mexican. Ignorance to the max, and the majority of white people in this country think this way. Yes, I said it.
LMAO, bingo, everytime i tell someone my name they ask am i Mexican 

Originally Posted by Tego Calderon El Abayarde

So you can be white and be of latino culture but you can't be black and be of latino culture?

I'm confused....

and drunk
thats what im talkin about man, but in all honesty they arent foolin anyone, how can you tell me im not latino and my last name is a city in Spain? lmao

Originally Posted by slickp42189

So you can be white and be of latino culture but you can't be black and be of latino culture?

I'm confused....

and drunk
thats what im talkin about man, but in all honesty they arent foolin anyone, how can you tell me im not latino and my last name is a city in Spain? lmao
Because people who live in Spain aren't Latino....their European 

Ninjahood argument aside, most white ppl will call a black Hispanic person black and a white Hispanic person. The ones with that slight tan or darker color will be the only ones that are called "Spanish"

So yeah, the majority.
Originally Posted by ricky409

Are you saying black ppl refuse to admit they're African American? or just African. I can understand why a black person from America would not say they're African. You got all these white ppl running around that can identify what country they're from while black ppl have to attach themselves to the entire continent cuz they don't have any ancestry due to slavery. Most would be lucky to date their ancestry back 150 years.

Then there's the whole animosity between the two groups and the negative view many black ppl have of Africans and the negative view Africans have of black Americans and black ppl from the Caribbean.

Originally Posted by amel223

Originally Posted by Peep Game

So...why exactly did you agree you were white...then follow up with the bigger bolded statement? Seems like you needed to ask this thread question to yourself instead of us
laugh.gif
I don't think you fully understand the difference between ethnicity and nationality, bro. 
I do, but based on that, he seems to be confused himself.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Ninjahood argument aside, most white ppl will call a black Hispanic person black and a white Hispanic person. The ones with that slight tan or darker color will be the only ones that are called "Spanish"

So yeah, the majority.
Originally Posted by ricky409

Are you saying black ppl refuse to admit they're African American? or just African. I can understand why a black person from America would not say they're African. You got all these white ppl running around that can identify what country they're from while black ppl have to attach themselves to the entire continent cuz they don't have any ancestry due to slavery. Most would be lucky to date their ancestry back 150 years.

Then there's the whole animosity between the two groups and the negative view many black ppl have of Africans and the negative view Africans have of black Americans and black ppl from the Caribbean.
yea--- man I can go back about 2 generations, 3 tops
30t6p3b.gif

But yea, a lot of the younger generation don't make the connection why there is an "African-America" tied to their ethnicity.  Some of them even argue, "naw man I ain't african!" Which, they don't get it--- of course you are not entirely African, but there is some in your ancestry.  

I'm confused....

and drunk

White is a race, not a nationality. So in essence, you can be a white _(inset nationality here)_. 

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

I'm confused....

and drunk

White is a race, not a nationality. So in essence, you can be a white _(inset nationality here)_. 
White is a color, caucasian is a race.  Just like black is a color, Africans who live in Africa dont consider themselves to be "black"

Originally Posted by solarius49

I'm confused....

and drunk
are you serious? what point of relevance were you trying to make? 

I was just talking about this with a hispanic friend earlier. Ancestry from Spain does make a person hispanic, because its a European nation. 
Ex. Pau Gasol

Because your last name being a city in Spain has nothing to do with your Latino heritage, it is a result of the European lineage in your genes...You know that whole Spain landing in Mexico thing

Any American born black person that takes offense to being labeled anything "African" is a clown.

Spare me that "I'm a proud All American" %$#!+%+%.

I have colored eyes/light skin. My ancestors were French who came from the French intervention in Mexico.

I consider myself 100% Mexican.

Originally Posted by Nowitzness41

Originally Posted by GatorBeltsNPattieMelts

yea--- man I can go back about 2 generations, 3 tops
30t6p3b.gif

But yea, a lot of the younger generation don't make the connection why there is an "African-America" tied to their ethnicity.  Some of them even argue, "naw man I ain't african!" Which, they don't get it--- of course you are not entirely African, but there is some in your ancestry. 
If youre an African immigrant living here- youre African. If you were born here to an African immigrant- youre an African American. If you're parents were born here and you were too, youre an American (and black)
I can understand the simple logic to that but I've actually never heard it broken down that way. My understanding of the label African-American was just white ppl finding a politically correct term to call black ppl instead of %%#$*%, negro, coloreds, black folk, etc. and that all black ppl are African American since black skinned ppl with specific physical attributes originate from select countries in Africa. The general term African American is reserved for black ppl who don't and can not ever find out in what country their ancestors hail from. So there would not be any cut off in realizing your roots. Same way I don't think it'd jive if Jackie Chan had granchildren born in the Ethiopia and they only referred to themselves as just Africans. The way  you break it down seems to strictly deal with nationality which isn't the issue. Besides if an African immigrant had children born in America they'd identify with the country in which their parents are from not the entire continent the same way German Americans don't call themselves European Americans and a Egyptian American would not refer to themselves just as an African American.

Back
Top Bottom