Does Nike still make heat or do they need to rely on retros

obviously, they've run out of ideas which is why "HYBRID" is their knew M.O.

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

Originally Posted by Uncle Sam 1013

non heat of today will be retroed and considered heat in the future.

Yeah that's crazy.

i disagree with this wholeheartedly. kobes, lebrons and HD's are considered heat?? where they do that at??
nerd.gif
i don't think that stuff is considered heat now, so why would it be considered heat in the future?? barkleys, griffeys, agassi's, pennys, pippens, huaraches and so on were all considered heat back in the day which is why they are still considered heat now. classic is timeless and that's what those older shoes are.

the only kobes i would consider (somewhat) heat is huarache 2k4's. lebrons and HD's are not considered heat by any stretch of the imagination in my book. for something to be considered heat it has to have some sort of casual appeal and kobes, lebrons and HD's all lack casual appeal.

They definitely rely on retros. Even the 1/2 cents, 6 rings, true flights, and hybrids all have aspects of the retros in them.

I can't think of too many shoes that had great designs and substance outside of the signature lines.

I think it's sad... kids will be growing up remembering the old stuff (retros) or mixed up versions (hybrids) of the old stuff we had when we were kids.

Nike needs more products like the BB4, 2k4, Hyperdunk, Zoom BB, Windmill, and stuff like that to at least leave those impressions on the future's minds.Yeah, some of the stuff I mentioned isn't the greatest, but it is something.

nike would not be able to survive without retros, none of their stuff is original now....they incorporate aspects of old shoes in their new shoes, just withupgraded technology
Their old shoes (style-wise) kill the new shoes, but the new shoes kill the old shoes with the technology, comfort, but nike is getting away from qualitymaterials (cdp/retro jordans)

i think the retro market is big for nike cuz they have some many great shoes that still haven't been retro'd. so their catalog is extensive. The newstuff coming out isn't that great I guess because its new technology being used. but it'll probably be the same 10 years from now when all this newstuff gets retro'd. The younger generation will have their retro's to go crazy over. Imo im not crazy about the kobe 4's. I never understood whyeveryone likes them or any of his kicks for that matter. Only kicks i liked from Kobe is his first ones with adidas. The crazy 8's.

I personally think the Lebron 2 will be one of the most hyped shoes in the future. I feel that a lot of retros that are being passed over now will be the realbangers years down the line.

Back
Top Bottom