Does Jordan Brand Uses High Quality Material On Limited Shoes?

Originally Posted by fvargas2000

you would think but no.

jordan's a jerk. making a good lookin sneaker and theres no material. if he diddnt have rings, man
smh.gif

Originally Posted by a7rome

no,,
but What I have noticed is newer shoes that release have way better quality than retro`s (XX2`s,,XX1`s,,XX`s)

word...all recent Jordans (XVIII-XII) make use of excellent materials.

the quality is about the same in all retros except a few shoes
such as black laser iv
olive v
and personally i think the jordan xivs

Originally Posted by DTRT

Also, the X's aren't too bad. Pretty comfortable imo, but that's just me.

Maybe it varies from colorway to colorway, but the paint on my steels started to wear off first time i wore them.

*New* Air Jordans are generally decent quality these days..... still nothing to get excited about though.

^ actually the grapes that hit the outlet stores were all the manufactured B grades.. but the quality on basically every retro from 04 and up, has beenpathetic compared to the retros made during 94-03. But theres not anything we can do about it, since we continue to buy them. So the only ones we have toblame for this is ourselves, as it would change if Gentry saw the sales going in the toilet, but since thats not going to happen, neither is the quality.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by bims92

i dont know, the the retro 3 fire red were a gr and it has great quality. wore em many times and the right foot is creaseless. they are probably the same, the Ls tour yellow iv had bad quality.

No offence but I hate it when people evaluate the quality of certain shoe based on " how they creased" after few wears....to be honest, even ifyou wrap some genuine Prada leather around your feet, 10 hours later they would crease in anycase!!

In regards to the author's question, I would assume that JB do attempt to use better quality materials for any new signature models since when theyintroduce a design first time around they need to establish an appeal first. But once the design is out and is in the process of retroing, there are no needsto produce them in quality materials since a demand had established for the model.

i dont really know what makes a limited shoe limited besides them just coming up with the decision to make them limited

it depends, not every LS or limited shoe was made with the best quality. i only had a couple of LS kicks, and i can say not everyone was made differently thanthe GR's. my caro 5's had the same suede that my metallic 5's got. which we all know has low grade suede. my flip 3's on the other hand are oneof the best constructed shoes i have. the inside is all leather. the metal shoelace holes. the glossy paint used on the midsole. and my peapod 8's havebetter suede,*** i think its nubuck actually** than my aquas and playoffs. i can tell also cuz the peapods are slightly heavier than the other 8's i got. idon't know, JB is weird. but yeah, Gentry is a idiot. he's like Bush, everyone wanted to impeach the president as soon as he came into office. cuz JBhas been down hill for a minute. but they are always gonna continue to make money cuz of people like me who loves the shoes and will still keep buying nomatter how crappy the material used to make them are. Its sad but true. I had a pair of 99 cement 4's and i was wow'd at the quality of leather used onthem. you definatly got your moneys worth, and weren't these retailed for $115 right?...now were paying $150 for a retro thats cheaply put together.someone needs to do a petition or something, get JB back on its job, cuz they are nothing with out the retro's

Originally Posted by MASARO

In regards to the author's question, I would assume that JB do attempt to use better quality materials for any new signature models since when they introduce a design first time around they need to establish an appeal first. But once the design is out and is in the process of retroing, there are no needs to produce them in quality materials since a demand had established for the model.

co-sign! As we all've seen in the DVD how they tailor-made the XXIII but I'm sure years down the road when they are going to retro it, the qualityis gonna be drastically different since there is already an established presence beforehand..

I actually heard they will use skin grafted form MJ's$+@! cheeks on a special super limited edition XX3 later this year...I'm already camping too!!!!

one extra lucky camper will win the actual foreskin from Gentrys circumstition....
devil.gif

Does Jordan Brand Uses High Quality Material On Limited Shoes?

Jordan Brand and High Quality material are indeed oxymorons.

smh.gif

My Mars 4 retros were creased in the box, deadstock. Its hit or miss with every release. I thought the III retros were pretty good quality last year, but theIVs were weak in '06.

nope
eyes.gif
, maybe on the 23s i would assume. But Nike still want majorprofits so, high quality is a no no to their capitalism.

Back
Top Bottom