Does anyone play basketball in Air Max Griffey 1's?

I know they were meant as a cross trainer shoe, and the fit is pretty locked in with the strap. However is a bit narrow and high off the floor. Just wonderingif anyone has balled in them, and what their opinions are?

i haven't balled in them personally but i know someone who does and he doesn't seem to have any problem doing what he normally does on the court. heusually plays the point.

Thanks for the input. Yeah they look nice! Just odd that I don't see people in the NBA or NCAA rocking them, and they wear things like retro J's and1/2 cents.

ya I balled in the og's back in the day and had my first ankle sprain in them... the edges on cross trainers are too sharp

well I don't think it would be all that odd that players in NCAA or NBA are not wearing a cross training shoe to ball in.

retro J's are at least more designed for basketball

WHY? These were made forartificial turf BASEBALL fields or cross training. There are literally hundreds of basketball shoes to choose from.

Just mainly because these sneakers look good. Same way someone would wear Jordan V's for basketball.

Originally Posted by Hardaway33

WHY? These were made for artificial turf BASEBALL fields or cross training. There are literally hundreds of basketball shoes to choose from.

JB's recent retros perform like ice skates.

Originally Posted by raptors29

JB's recent retros perform like ice skates.

1st off lmao so true
and Grifeys are made for BASEBALL TURF so they shouldnt be balled in grip is not tight slips to easy and they arent durable enough plus the edges cut yurankles and the alley-oop will turn in to a alley-oooopps

I had a friend that said he played ball in them becuase he forgot his ballin kicks at home. He said it felt like playing with bricks on his feet.

Back
Top Bottom