Does anyone not believe in Outer space?

Originally Posted by Food4Thgt

Yea I showed her pictures but she thinks everything is phot shopped...
never heard anyone say that before
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by seniosoul

Originally Posted by TiZzlexiPhone

I have had theories and what not. But usually just when im
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
(cause think about it, how do we really know, the common people that have never been to space.)
isnt there a lot of pressure in outerspace that causes stuff to implode...
underwater submarines implode if they go to far down...
but how can a man build a suit that can withstand that kind of pressure in outerspace...
i just know i see a lot of peoples heads blowing in when they take their helmet off

Google "trieste bathyscaphe."

Originally Posted by DJisMe3

it sounds like shes been readn too much Socrates and Plato and *#%...lol

im in a philosophy class right now. Some views argue that we indeed do not "KNOW" that anything "EXISTS"

shes probably what philosophers call an "extreme skeptic" meaning that shes just completely given up on knowledge itself and doesnt claim to believe or know anything. This is kinda what Socrates was.
Man, she doesn't believe in outer space, she isn't reading Socrates.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
(cause think about it, how do we really know, the common people that have never been to space.)
but how can a man build a suit that can withstand that kind of pressure in outerspace...
i just know i see a lot of peoples heads blowing in when they take their helmet off
The exact opposite.

Space is a VACUUM meaning 0 pressure. In otherwords, if you took a balloon into space, it would explode because the walls are not sufficiently strong to hold in the contained gas. The human body would also follow a similar fate. Spacecraft and spacesuits must be designed to maintain pressure and keep that pressurized environment from exploding.That's why when we designed extra-vehicular devices at work, we tested them in VACUUM chambers because space is a VACUUM.

As far as the spacesuits go: Having worked for a NASA contractor for 1 year and seen the space suits in person, I can vouch for their integrity.
I've worn the orange suits the astronauts wear for launch, and those are tough. I can only imagine what wearing the extravehicular suit feels like.
The EV spacesuits are built like miniature space craft. If you remove your helmet in space, you will die. I'm not sure what will kill you first though. I was told at work you can survive in vacuum for a few seconds if there is no air in your lungs. If you hold your breath and then are exposed to vacuum, your lungs will explode. This vacuum survivability is just that, vacuum survivability. The high radiation, extreme temperatures and lack of oxygen will kill you if the vacuum doesn't. My theory is that your blood will boil as oxygen rapidly escapes though. Kind of like boiling tomoto juice.

So your argument is null and void.
Deep Sea = high pressure
Space = 0 pressure.

From an engineering standpoint, it;'s easier to keep pressure in than pressure out.
That's the answer to your question.

In space we are keeping pressure in. In a submarine, we are keeping pressure out.
This right here, is probably the most thorough, intelligent, and well put responses I've seen on NT in a while, excluding Method Man'sessays.
+12 interwebz for you dude

Also, OP, you're girl needs to get slapped by every teacher she's ever had.

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

Originally Posted by DJisMe3

it sounds like shes been readn too much Socrates and Plato and *#%...lol

im in a philosophy class right now. Some views argue that we indeed do not "KNOW" that anything "EXISTS"

shes probably what philosophers call an "extreme skeptic" meaning that shes just completely given up on knowledge itself and doesnt claim to believe or know anything. This is kinda what Socrates was.
Man, she doesn't believe in outer space, she isn't reading Socrates.
i was kidding bout her actually reading Socrates, but her not believing in these otherwise obvious things just made me think of him that is all

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
The exact opposite.

Space is a VACUUM meaning 0 pressure. In otherwords, if you took a balloon into space, it would explode because the walls are not sufficiently strong to hold in the contained gas. The human body would also follow a similar fate. Spacecraft and spacesuits must be designed to maintain pressure and keep that pressurized environment from exploding.That's why when we designed extra-vehicular devices at work, we tested them in VACUUM chambers because space is a VACUUM.

As far as the spacesuits go: Having worked for a NASA contractor for 1 year and seen the space suits in person, I can vouch for their integrity.
I've worn the orange suits the astronauts wear for launch, and those are tough. I can only imagine what wearing the extravehicular suit feels like.
The EV spacesuits are built like miniature space craft. If you remove your helmet in space, you will die. I'm not sure what will kill you first though. I was told at work you can survive in vacuum for a few seconds if there is no air in your lungs. If you hold your breath and then are exposed to vacuum, your lungs will explode. This vacuum survivability is just that, vacuum survivability. The high radiation, extreme temperatures and lack of oxygen will kill you if the vacuum doesn't. My theory is that your blood will boil as oxygen rapidly escapes though. Kind of like boiling tomoto juice.

So your argument is null and void.
Deep Sea = high pressure
Space = 0 pressure.

From an engineering standpoint, it;'s easier to keep pressure in than pressure out.
That's the answer to your question.

In space we are keeping pressure in. In a submarine, we are keeping pressure out.
thats gotta be the worst way to die

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Space is the exact opposite, if there was pressure there would be gravity. The point of keeping the helmet on is so you don't die, there isn't oxygenin space. Hmmm, you seem kinda... uhh, maybe you should start talking with op's girl.

laugh.gif
Pics of your girl OP

She's quite a catch I can tell you like them extra dumb word to Stewie's clone
familyguy-quagmiresbaby_1258406706.jpg

This isn't a question of belief. Whether you believe it or not doesn't change that it's a fact. It's like saying you don't believe 1+1 = 2

I see you ThrowedInTheGame droppin a lil knowledge here and in that other thread about black holes. We need another quantum physics thread.
pimp.gif

Pics of your girl OP

Originally Posted by Food4Thgt

So I was talkin to my girl today and she tells me she doesn't believe in outer space...so I'm like
indifferent.gif
Then she proceeds to say that dinosaurs never existed... Again I'm like
indifferent.gif
Now she's sayin she don't believe in gravity...
roll.gif
(were both 21 btw) so my question is does anyone else on here just not believe this stuff or what? I thought it was pretty evident.. Tryna get to her is impossible ... I've tried every possible explination I could..
tired.gif

no flame, no disrespect, but your girl sounds ditsy

Originally Posted by wwsindicate

I WISH I WAS IN SPACE RIGHT NOW DUDE HELL YEAH
Idky but this made me
laugh.gif

I've never heard of anything like this tho
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Master Zik

laugh.gif
Pics of your girl OP

She's quite a catch I can tell you like them extra dumb word to Stewie's clone
familyguy-quagmiresbaby_1258406706.jpg

This isn't a question of belief. Whether you believe it or not doesn't change that it's a fact. It's like saying you don't believe 1+1 = 2

I see you ThrowedInTheGame droppin a lil knowledge here and in that other thread about black holes. We need another quantum physics thread.
pimp.gif

Pics of your girl OP

Her whole thing is that we cannot show her anything that will change her mind unless the physically goes up there to see it herself...

Thats why I was maybe asking for someone to post some pictures that could maybe help out..

How do you prove its a fact ??

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Why dudes cuff females that are idiots is beyond me.[/color]
tired.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Carry on.[/color]

Back
Top Bottom