does anyone here have a netbook?

I do. I have the 10.2 inch Asus 1000HA, you can get them for as little as 300$ now. It has 160gb hd (+10gb online storage), 1 gb of ram which is easy toupgrade to a 2gb chip I paid like 15$ for, wifi, 3 usb 2.0 ports, 1.3webcam, XP, ethernet, card reader, audio ports, vga input for a monitor, and gets over6hrs of battery life in normal mode.

If you get one, get one with the normal hard drive and not the SSD drives. Sure they're faster and quieter, but not by enough to justify paying the sameprice for a 160gb compared to 4. Only thing I don't like is that the right shift key needs to be moved with the page up, I'm going to do that today.

By the way, yea I made this post on my netbook

Yeah, I use mine when I'm travelling and it's great. Spec is just like DatZNastys. I paid a little more for the type with XP and a bigger HD and Ithink it was worth it as I can run all my regular programs.

are those the lil mini laptops ?

if so my b/m just got one ... i was looking into it .... but was like enhhh .... the HD space was small and max RAM was only 1 GB ... no thank you ... i'musually running a lot of processes but it should work find for minimalistic multimedia and casual surfing.

I've been praising netbooks since the first day I got mine. I have the Lenovo s10, specs sound identical to DatZnasty's post and I also agree witheverything else he said in regards to SSD vs HDD and the 'Shift' key location. There are some people who feel the screen is too small, the keyboard istoo small, not enough RAM, and so on..

To clear those misconceptions up(or at least in my case):

- Ideally; Everyone would hope for a larger screen, but realistically, for what a netbook is, 10,2" is just fine.

- You have to have really large hands to find it difficult to type on the keyboard. I go back and forth from my netbook to my desktop with no problems.

- Most, if not all netbooks are upgradeable to 2GB RAM. I've ran Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Dreamweaver, VLC Media Player, and Google Chrome with upwards to 5tabs; I personally don't know what more I could've been needing to run.

Mine is made by Medion - I don't go near Acer now after a really bad experience with their customer service a couple of years ago.

There are a lot of companies using the same one with just a different brand on it - it's the one with the Atom processor.

Originally Posted by Phouvieng

I've been praising netbooks since the first day I got mine. I have the Lenovo s10, specs sound identical to DatZnasty's post and I also agree with everything else he said in regards to SSD vs HDD and the 'Shift' key location. There are some people who feel the screen is too small, the keyboard is too small, not enough RAM, and so on..

To clear those misconceptions up(or at least in my case):

- Ideally; Everyone would hope for a larger screen, but realistically, for what a netbook is, 10,2" is just fine.

- You have to have really large hands to find it difficult to type on the keyboard. I go back and forth from my netbook to my desktop with no problems.

- Most, if not all netbooks are upgradeable to 2GB RAM. I've ran Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Dreamweaver, VLC Media Player, and Google Chrome with upwards to 5 tabs; I personally don't know what more I could've been needing to run.

did you run PS in conjunction with other Progs?

if so, any latency?

I'd probably get one after they figure out how to get a larger SSD drive in it...and at a semi lower price..

knowing myself and given it's size....I'd probably knock it around too many times and mess up a normal HD.

Originally Posted by SpringfieldXD

Phouvieng wrote:

- Most, if not all netbooks are upgradeable to 2GB RAM. I've ran Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Dreamweaver, VLC Media Player, and Google Chrome with upwards to 5 tabs; I personally don't know what more I could've been needing to run.

did you run PS in conjunction with other Progs?

if so, any latency?

These were all ran simultaneously. No problems..

I saw a new one in the airport last week by Samsung that looked nice. Same size as mine (10") but looked a bit better made. Same price too - but 6 monthson.

whats a good brand for netbook? im bored at work so im looking around ...Acer, MSI, ASUS, Dell..and why are Samsung $450+>!?!?!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220504

nerd.gif

im also in the market for one. looking at an asus eee 1000HA. anyone recommend that? bout to order it at amazon for 349.99 free shipping and no tax.

Originally Posted by dyzzle

im also in the market for one. looking at an asus eee 1000HA. anyone recommend that? bout to order it at amazon for 349.99 free shipping and no tax.
That's what I have, you can get it for 299 from zipzoomfly.com and 329 from buydig.com, both are also live.com cashback vendors. Be sure tocop a 2g ddr ram chip too, I got mine from buy.com for like 14

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Originally Posted by dyzzle

That's what I have, you can get it for 299 from zipzoomfly.com and 329 from buydig.com, both are also live.com cashback vendors. Be sure to cop a 2g ddr ram chip too, I got mine from buy.com for like 14
thanks bro. it is 339.99 at zipzoomfly tho. the 299 one is the solid state drive. i want the one with the 160 HD.

nerd.gif
you have a link for that 14 dollar ram upgrade?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by i3allistic

whats the battery life on these things? im reading some are only 1.5 - 2hr?
grin.gif

Somebody lied to you, the 6 cell batteries are rated around 8+ hrs, most people in reviews are claiming to have gotten "only" around 5 or 6.

Back
Top Bottom