Does anyone else not feel sympathy for Brittney Griner?

A lot of folks are STILL trying to minimize Viktor’s release by saying….“well dude was set to be released in 6 years.” Dudes talking as if 6 years is all of a sudden is 6 days. 6 years is still a long time. If you minimize the 6 years for Viktor….make sure you minimize the 9 years in prison as well.
I will take 6 years in an American prison as a highly protected asset, over 9 years in a Russian labor camp

At this point in time with the developments from today I guess so.
I'm have no in idea what this is s in supposed to mean.

I am just pointing out that Griner still had a much harsher prison term ahead of her than the in person she was traded with.

That is a reason for the State Department to offer up such a deal.

What’s the reasoning behind the uproar about Griner being released and not Whelan? Serious question. Is it because he was a former marine? That’s all it takes?

Do you really think this administration straight up chose Griner over Whelan? Of course not. They took what they could get. Putin wasn’t willing to play ball with Whelan.

And as already noted, the guy was due to be released shortly anyways. At this point, what’s the difference in him being free now or in 7 years? There is none in regards to how it affects us. People are really only up in arms because of the optics, not because of any clear and present threat from the mErChAnT oF dEaTh in 2022. Let’s be real.

I don’t think this administration works from a position of strength, so I agree it wasn’t one over the other. It’s whatever they could take for those said optics. This guy still had 6 years left of his sentence, that is quite some time for use as a “trade toy” for more high power political prisoners. And as you said, the administration took the optics. Just in this case its an easy way out for some PR optics at home. Someone’s got to lose the trade, but we could’ve held out for more or added more.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad BG is coming home. Just saying it was bad deal on our part. A weed charge is some lame $&!?. But you gotta know the rules of where you’re going. Especially in a corrupt country that is looking to scoop up any American they can. And it’s not past Russia to make up crimes just to nab someone.

Hopefully Putin is hanging in a courtyard when/before the Ukraine war ends and we can get all our people home.

I don’t think this administration works from a position of strength, so I agree it wasn’t one over the other. It’s whatever they could take for those said optics. This guy still had 6 years left of his sentence, that is quite some time for use as a “trade toy” for more high power political prisoners. And as you said, the administration took the optics. Just in this case its an easy way out for some PR optics at home. Someone’s got to lose the trade, but we could’ve held out for more or added more.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad BG is coming home. Just saying it was bad deal on our part. A weed charge is some lame $&!?. But you gotta know the rules of where you’re going. Especially in a corrupt country that is looking to scoop up any American they can. And it’s not past Russia to make up crimes just to nab someone.

Hopefully Putin is hanging in a courtyard when/before the Ukraine war ends and we can get all our people home.
So Griner should spend my months or years in a labor camp in hopes Putin changes his mind and agrees to release Whelan? After years of saying no.

What guarantee there is for this plan actually working?

And what if Biden loses in 2024, or the Russians are like "He only got a few years left, he isn't worth that much as before". ?

Nobody wants to give the Biden administration props for even getting ANYTHING done. Even though we are decimating Russian military with our weapons through Ukraine and put them in a financial tailspin that will most likely take them decades to recover from. To even get Russia to the negotiating table is a feat in of itself. So to even get her back early is awesome. And nobody's saying Whelan shouldnt be home too, they both should be but people really trying to make this either or is crazy.

She’s a big black woman.

Do the math.

Oh EYE know that. Trust. :lol:

Hell, you could break that down into she’s big, or she’s black, or she’s a woman, and then mix and match reasons depending on the person tbh. Either way you end up with some problematic reasoning.

My mention of the military was in jest. No way people care THAT much about a random cat that got a bad conduct discharge for larceny. No way.

I'm have no in idea what this is s in supposed to mean.

It means what’s done is done now. A famous weed smoking WNBA player is out of jail…..and a Russian Arms Dealer that causes mass destruction and death is set free.

Americans get to watch BG play basketball……while innocent people in Africa and the Middle East will get harmed now that Viktor is out running the streets.

It means what’s done is done now. A famous weed smoking WNBA player is out of jail…..and a Russian Arms Dealer that causes mass destruction and death is set free.

Americans get to watch BG play basketball……while innocent people in Africa and the Middle East will get harmed now that Viktor is out running the streets.

Seems doubtful he is able or permitted to pick up where he left off. This isn't the movies

So Griner should spend my months or years in a labor camp in hopes Putin changes his mind and agrees to release Whelan? After years of saying no.

What guarantee there is for this plan actually working?

And what if Biden loses in 2024, or the Russians are like "He only got a few years left, he isn't worth that much as before". ?

None of us know all the details. But in reality, we have political prisoners around the world. Many who have been imprisoned for years or decades. She’s been there for 10 months. Hard labor camp or not, stirred up charges or not; her ignorance set herself up for failure and the USA has to expend one of its bargaining chips for PR purposes. To me this appears rushed.

So you would have preferred she spend the 9 years in a prison camp, and dude go free in 6 years?

Seems doubtful he is able or permitted to pick up where he left off. This isn't the movies

A leopard never changes its spots champ. If you think this guy is going to change his habits and start doing humanitarian work all under the name, guidance and release of Vladimir Putin…….well then bless your heart.

NT so funny in that if you are still upset about the situation that means you are racist :lol:

Never change NT, never change

So you would have preferred she spend the 9 years in a prison camp, and dude go free in 6 years?

I would have preferred she adhered to the rules of engagement before going to Russia…..which is not to smoke or carry weed. Is it really that hard not to smoke weed??

That being said those were the rules that were set up BEFORE BG arrived in Russia. They didn’t change the laws just to capture her, folks need to realize that. You do something wrong, you get caught or captured…….it’s on you.

I would have preferred she adhered to the rules of engagement before going to Russia…..which is not to smoke or carry weed. Is it really that hard not to smoke weed??

That being said those were the rules that were set up BEFORE BG arrived in Russia. They didn’t change the laws just to capture her, folks need to realize that. You do something wrong, you get caught or captured…….it’s on you.
You are deflecting :lol:

This was just you...

Well if what is done is done. She broke a law, the Russians put on a sham trial and gave her a crazy sentence.

If you are so upset with the deal, then what deal would you have preferred

You want to peddle all these accountability politics. Then cool. Stand on it all the way and answer the question.

Would you have preferred both people just serving out their sentence. Dude goes free in 6 years. And Griner tries to survive 9 years doing forced labor for some weed.

You are deflecting :lol:

This was just you...

Well if what is done is done. She broke a law, the Russians put on a sham trial and gave her a crazy sentence.

If you are so upset with the deal, then what deal would you have preferred

You want to peddle all these accountability politics. Then cool. Stand on it all the way and answer the question.

Would you have preferred both people just serving out their sentence. Dude goes free in 6 years. And Griner tries to survive 9 years doing forced labor for some weed.

Shame trial……….be that as it may BG VOLUNTARILY put herself in harms way for a shame trial. Once again that’s on her.

To answer your question if BG’s release meant The Merchant of Death getting released then I would prefer no deal. So with that being said both individuals serve out their terms. Let the chips fall where they may.

Back
Top Bottom