Does anyone else find Garnett annoying?

Originally Posted by dyyhard

http://www.youtube.com/player2.swf

BOSTON, March 28, 2008 (AP) -- Kevin Garnett's odd-looking, on-court message apparently got the point across.

Paul Pierce scored 27 points, Garnett added 21, and the Boston Celtics moved closer to wrapping up the top record overall by avenging last weekend's loss in New Orleans with a 112-92 win over the Hornets on Friday night.

In the midst of a tight game, Garnett wanted his teammates to pick up the intensity defensively midway into the third quarter, and he showed them when he dropped to his knees with his hands close to the floor while setting up to cover David West at the top of the key. West did drive by for a basket after Garnett squared up defensively, cutting it to 72-68, but the Celtics scored 19 of the next 24 points over the ensuing 5:56 to move ahead 88-73.

laugh.gif
OWNED
eek.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

no. annoying is when you do/say all the !+%+ KG does and you're a scrub.

like when i saw T.J. Duckett dancing in the end zone after a fourth quarter touchdown and the Colts were winning like 35-7.

No offense to the Cavs fans..but

LeTravel is more annoying than KG

always biting his nails
smh.gif

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Wait till the stage is bigger in a month or so...

He'll revert to the passive superstar that has 0 rings.

Going to the East for a year boosted this dudes on court ego somethin serious
laugh.gif

His on court antics have gone over the top....you can play with heart and passion without all the crap he does and says

That's not his game. We know this now after 13 years. Garnett isnt an assassin-type scorer, he does everything else. Which is exactly whyBoston is the near-perfect team for him.

At any rate Garnett's last playoff performances shake out like this:

2003-03
27.0 PPG, 15.7 RPG, 5.2 APG (6 games vs. L.A.)

2003-04
25.8 PPG, 14.8 RPG, 7.0 APG (5 games vs. DEN)
23.9 PPG, 15.4 RPG, 4.3 APG (7 games vs. SAC)
23.7 PPG, 13.5 RPG, 4.5 APG (6 games vs. L.A.)

By no means a perfect player nor a Kobe-type 4th quarter gunner. But let's chill w/ him flopping on the big stage.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

That's not his game. We know this now after 13 years. Garnett isnt an assassin-type scorer, he does everything else. Which is exactly why Boston is the near-perfect team for him.

At any rate Garnett's last playoff performances shake out like this:

2003-03
27.0 PPG, 15.7 RPG, 5.2 APG (6 games vs. L.A.)

2003-04
25.8 PPG, 14.8 RPG, 7.0 APG (5 games vs. DEN)
23.9 PPG, 15.4 RPG, 4.3 APG (7 games vs. SAC)
23.7 PPG, 13.5 RPG, 4.5 APG (6 games vs. L.A.)

By no means a perfect player nor a Kobe-type 4th quarter gunner. But let's chill w/ him flopping on the big stage.

Eh, I know you're point and I have tons of respect for that dude, but from what I remember, those stats were bogus. He got his numbers, but had zeroeffect on the game itself. Hard to explain, but I just remember there were stretches where he would do absolutely nothing while teams would run all over them. T-Mac's playoff numbers are good, and he ain't do sh*^. KG would go multiple possesions without even touching the ball. Maybe he had like two hugegames in the series, and then 4 or 5 kinda quiet ones. I dunno.

^ How are those stats bogus? except for that 2004 Playoff run and this year....KG has played with NO help his whole career.

I remember one time we was playing 1-1 D at the top of the key and he slapped his hands slapped the floor got on his knees and was crawling around in the middle of the dam game.
You played one on one with KG?

eyes.gif

Eh, I know you're point and I have tons of respect for that dude, but from what I remember, those stats were bogus. He got his numbers, but had zero effect on the game itself. Hard to explain, but I just remember there were stretches where he would do absolutely nothing while teams would run all over them. T-Mac's playoff numbers are good, and he ain't do sh*^. KG would go multiple possesions without even touching the ball. Maybe he had like two huge games in the series, and then 4 or 5 kinda quiet ones. I dunno.
No I hear you. But hey the biggest win in Wolves franchise history was Game 7 in the series against the Kings (a win Timberwolves fans on NT knowtoo well). Garnett went off for 32 points and 21 boards and won that game in the 4th quarter.

Anyway this all is a separate argument sorta from the topic. But he had an effect, I watched every game since '97. The teams he played against were justbetter. Wolves were a 7th seed, 7th seed, 8th seed, 6th seed, 8th seed, 5th seed and 4th seed the years they lost in the playoffs before Sam and Spree came onboard. They ran into a lot of teams that were simply better. We can rip KG for not having a better regular season then, but as I said its a tad far fetched foranyone to say he had fake performances on the stage. The other players on his team clanking shots (thank you Flip Saunders jump shooting offense) were the mostpathetic part. Garnett is far from perfect though obviously no doubt.

dude is nuts. and i appreciate it.

but the way he snuffs all his teammates when they get AND1s. and constant barking... i've thrown hands with him if it was me. He dose that to Jeezy Perkinsand Powe all the time. LOL

i hate MJ's tongue, i mean don;t get me wrong, dude was
pimp.gif
buthe's always sticking out that damn tongue...

I never used to because he wasn't alwas on TV but now that I see he acts like that all the time, I cannot stand him. I am sure Anthony Peeler would showhim whats up if he tried running his mouth again. I wonder how that forearm tasted?

No way is it annoying, I think it's just Garnett going over the top cause he's so stoked. He's one of my favorite players, and hopefully he cankeep this up. Thinking about it, if Garnett was on my team, doing crazy stuff like slapping the floor mid-possession to play defense, I'd feel prettypsyched to be his teammate and play with the same intensity that he plays with.

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

He talks a big game and is so "intense," yet he didn't even want it with ANTHONY PEELER.
laugh.gif

SMH, if you dont think KG would have whooped his #@+ then
indifferent.gif
KGaint that stupid to knock the dude out during the playoffs.

kg passion is great but sometimes he is a little od. kg loves to bump his gums but he didnt want it with peeler. KG usually checks people he knows aren'tgoing to fight back

It blows my mind how some people complain about this man and the things he does on a basketball court...yet he stands for what SO MANY OF US look for and wantin a professional athlete...Someone who cares about winning and plays with hustle, heart, and determination.

I LOVE seein this guy amped up out there on the court. The get down on the floor on D thing against West, yea it was unorthodox, but the point wasnt that Westgot that layup, his team was motivated by it and went on that run right after...

Seein this man out there hustling, yelling, playing UNSELFISH basketball and GREAT defense is somethin else...and he's not a troublemaker (never has been)or a badguy...This thread shows that some people disagree with me, but thats my $.02.

He hits his chest, and screams, like he just beat (the Jordan bulls, or the Magic Lakers) in a NBA finals game 7.

It's the ATL Hawks ( you no good in the playoffs all ur life mothasucka)

he's still good.

Back
Top Bottom