Does anyone else feel that they talk too fast/slow?

I just heard a recording of myself and I have the weirdest speech pattern :lol: when I get to a certain part of a sentence, i tend to jumble everything together. It's weird b/c in my mind I sound perfectly normal. I think it has something to do with anxiety, I sometimes feel like I'm being rushed to get the words out. If I get nervous, I just become a bumbling mess. Stuttering /stammering etc. When I attempt to monitor my speech, however, I feel as if it sounds mad weird/too proper or mad slow, like Forrest Gump.

The only time my speech feels like its at a normal pace is when I've been drinking.

Any tips?

2568902-boomhauer.jpg

NawManedontgotnodangideawhatchutalmbout

Last edited:
I sometimes speak too fast.

It comes from selling stuff all day long.

Now I find myself doing it when I'm speaking casually to people.

I feel like my voice is way to low sometimes 
ohwell.gif
 and I stutter sometimes.... which I recently noticed just a few years ago. Not sure whats up with that.
frown.gif
 nobody has said anything about it tho

I stutter sometimes and talk too fast. Mainly only happens when I don't give myself a filter. I'm pretty much just talking out my butt.

If I'm thinking about what to say, I guess I'm pretty normal.

Lol depends on what I'm talking about... If im excited, i talk so fast that I tend to even mess up what I'm sayin. I try to catch myself tho.

i use to speak quick and mumble but now i slowed down and people think i'm high all the time

I wish I spoke louder :/ I speak clear I just speak in a low tone of voice. I have a deep voice sometimes I just can't help it

Working in a call center with call handling times, I talk really fast... but Im chill when talking with friends...

I feel like my voice is way to low sometimes 
ohwell.gif

and I stutter sometimes.... which I recently noticed just a few years ago. Not sure whats up with that.
frown.gif

nobody has said anything about it tho

Same exact way man..don't feel bad.

I used to think I had a stuttering problem, but later on I realized that I talked fast. When speaking slower I don't have a stuttering problem at all, but when I start speaking fast it comes back again. I don't think it's bad at all to talk fast, but I also know that there are times I should be talking slower.

I MUMBLE WHEN IM TRYING TO MAKE A POINT, I HAVE TAKEN SOME SPEECH THERAPY THAT IS HELPING.

I WAS LIVING WITH IT AND DIDNT CARE BUT THEN I KEPT ON GETTING COMPLAINTS FROM COACHES WHEN I WOULD TRY AN EXPLAIN A CALL SO I HAVE DECIDED TO CORRECT MYSELF...

AND IT IS HARD AF!

i sometimes talk too fast, but i've slowed down a lot from let's say a couple of years ago. i'm a new yorker though so i'll never talk slow.

I get told i talk too fast all the time. But i have like everything in my head and i have to get it out before i forget all the details.

When i drink it gets worse because i don't even think about it. No mental note saying "slow down".

If I am not comfortable/first meeting I talk low but once I get to know you I am loud...been told I mumble too but it is what it is

Back
Top Bottom