Does anybody else here wait tables?

Im a bus boy if that counts .. lol... i only work 2 days, friday & saturday... $100 check p/week plus tips .. about $180-200

same here I was bus boy with a couple of my friends for a restaurant in a stadium(football season). It was okay when I first started working there becausethere were a lot of bussers and waiters\servers and I was making $60+ in tips with my waiter split. But then later in the season there were only 4 bus boys(myfriends and I) and a lot of waiters and the boss decided to combine all the tips into one pile and split "equally" they said. I was getting only 30$tips per game and I was busting my *** more because there were less bussers. Hated that job.

Originally Posted by n1ke drawer

I work at a hotel as a bell attendant ....average in tips for me is between $15-30 per night.... a good night is $50+..... and I am talking about cash only......

overall it is ok money for young adults ....not great but ok.....

I do the same thing. Except a good night is $150+. A slow night is $75+. I also drive the shuttle though. And I make $10 an hour.

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

*raises hand*. very good money for a college student.
id tip you at least 20%

glasses.gif

....waiting for simp comments

i serve at pf changs...i could careless on your opinion on the restaurant or the food.
I started working there in june to supplement my income while working fulltime, In July I got laid off from my 1st job so i started ft and picked up shifts viaour online schedule maker (www.hotschedules.com)

I must say, I work ALOT. 5 shifts per week, sometimes I do pull double's.

but its great income, The atmosphere is awesome , My coworkers are the most hardest working individuals and the hardest drinkers and smokers i know, lol

I average 18-25percent at the end of the night when i run my checkout.,

I can make anywhere between 400-700 a week, It depend, you cant really forecast a night or your income. you just have to continue to be chipper, There isalways that one table that will piss you the hell off..but you have to remain calm.

then theres also that one table that will make your night, and if you serve you feel me
glasses.gif
pimp.gif

my section is typically 4-5 tables with maximum of 4-6 person tables for dinner, I hate lunches due to folks just want to come in and be quick and leave, theyknow how much they can spend and whats in their budget .

for those that want to start serving.......... goodluck, most & or all wont hire an inexperience server, you have to start from the beginning fromexpo'ing to food running to busing, etc.

i suggest trying a mom and pop shop or your favorite restaurant, one that you show a large amount of enthusiasm , place that reflects easy to your customers.

i thought about getting into this...i only work 1 day a week now and i'm bored as hell...

lady at the ihop round here said she makes great money from the after the club crowd...enough to stay home during the week w/her kids and only have to work onweekends...not sure how much i believe her but its whatever

but i'm not trying to work that late...

Back
Top Bottom