Do you tip when you do carry out at a restaurant?

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

SMH @ you cheap bastards. If you can't tip 15-20% for take out, stay the **** home and cook yourselves...

SMH @ you cheap bastards. If you can't tip 15-20% for take out, stay the **** home and cook yourselves...
You serious?

First it was "if you can't tip you shouldn't be eating at resturants". Now we have to tip the cashier at the takeout counter or else we should just cook ourselves.

But wait, where does it stop? Should we tip the butcher at the supermarket for packaging ground beef? Should we tip the farmers who grow the vegetables for the store? Where do we draw the line?

:lol:

There's actually a tip jar at the pizzeria I go to, never understood what it was for.

Live by this quote

"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never tip."

You serious?

First it was "if you can't tip you shouldn't be eating at resturants". Now we have to tip the cashier at the takeout counter or else we should just cook ourselves.

But wait, where does it stop? Should we tip the butcher at the supermarket for packaging ground beef? Should we tip the farmers who grow the vegetables for the store? Where do we draw the line?

I'm 99.9% certian he was being sarcastic

I tipped the person that held the door open for me at McDonald's today tho

Hahah I work at a high end restaurant
Good friends with the cashier
she makes good money
when its really busy she works her a## off
i think its every order over $100 she gets 10percent
big companies around there do big orders $1000 +
on a good day she'll make over $100 before the restaurant even opens
plus her hourly wage
before i was in the restaurant industry i really didn't believe in tipping at all
so i can really see why a lot of ppl be like "hell nah" lol
but i always throw a decent tip in unless the service is really bad
but if i was workin for minimum wage spending my last few bucks at a cool restaurant
i'd also be like F that! lol
in a good part of town servers/cashiers make decent money
so if you're really struggling with money then just don't tip haha
I'd be pretty embarrassed dining regularly at the same restaurant and not tipping though... :/

man, i was pounding out this cashier at the last place i cooked at. she'd make more than me on some nights. :x :stoneface: broad poured beer and put food in a bag. oh well i got unlimited free beer and food. plus customers would walk up and hand me dough all the time since it was an open kitchen.

I seriously don't understand how tipping is such a controversial topic on nt. I've never seen arguments about it except on here. The only thing you guys agree on is tipping your barbers since you care about your haircuts so much.

For dining, the way I see it... If you can't afford to throw an extra $1-5. You're broke as hell! :lol:

I mean reeeeaaalllllyyyy think about it! Your bill comes out to $37.50, did it really affect your finances to throw in $40?

Like I said, if it does, you're broke (don't get offended of the word 'broke' either... everyone starts from the bottom)

^
I've gone out to dinner with big groups of people and have never had one person have a problem with leaving a tip. Imagine having an nt summit and grabbing dinner. Group of 20-30 people and leave a tip of whatever coins are in their pockets if the waiter is lucky :lol:.

I tip if I feel the waiter out waitress needs it. Like a couple months ago I was the last customer to Walk in before closing at this burger joint and it was this older white lady and I gave her a5 buck tip because I felt she needed the money or else she wouldn't be working this crazily midnight shift

My carryout does not deliver to my door nor does the pizza man. I live in a high rise and they only deliver to the front door, do you still tip in that situation? Toughts?

If I am picking up I would never tip, I write a lin right across and sign my name on the receipt.

I don't usually tip for gas unless the weather is bad/cold since I'll feel bad....I normally like to pump gas myself.

I only tip if I am getting serviced while being seated, tipping for picking up your own food is backwards.

I seriously don't understand how tipping is such a controversial topic on nt. I've never seen arguments about it except on here. The only thing you guys agree on is tipping your barbers since you care about your haircuts so much.

a lot of youth on these boards.

Last edited:
I tip for carryout, I just mentally build the tip into the price I'm paying already.

There was a time when i went to applebees. The orders were taking soooo long to come and she didnt even come to our table to let us know waht was going on. After we got our food she never came back to even check up on us and see if we needed anything else which we did. I left her a 5 dollar tip and this girl was still upset. She was like "people dont know how to tip these days".

There was a time when i went to applebees. The orders were taking soooo long to come and she didnt even come to our table to let us know waht was going on. After we got our food she never came back to even check up on us and see if we needed anything else which we did. I left her a 5 dollar tip and this girl was still upset. She was like "people dont know how to tip these days".

She lucky she got that lol

If you can't even come back to my table to refill my drink, you don't get squat!!

Back
Top Bottom