Do you think Enlisting in the Military is noble?

NT what do you think?
I am never going to join any branch, but I know people in the Air Force/Marines. 

NT what do you think?
I am never going to join any branch, but I know people in the Air Force/Marines. 

Depends on your reasoning. There are a lot of people who want to serve their country because its something they've always wanted to do while there are others who use the military as a crutch to escape whatever bad situation they are in.

Depends on your reasoning. There are a lot of people who want to serve their country because its something they've always wanted to do while there are others who use the military as a crutch to escape whatever bad situation they are in.

no, its generally for the lower classes and disadvantaged 

taking orders and defending someone else's interests =/= noble 

I mean it CAN be,however everyone has different
reasons for joining.Some do it to "protect our freedoms" and some do it because they honestly don't have %@%$ else to do.So I guess it's all in the reason why they joined in the first place and how they conduct themselves while serving that will determine whether it was a noble act or not.If that makes sense.

I mean it CAN be,however everyone has different
reasons for joining.Some do it to "protect our freedoms" and some do it because they honestly don't have %@%$ else to do.So I guess it's all in the reason why they joined in the first place and how they conduct themselves while serving that will determine whether it was a noble act or not.If that makes sense.

If you're serious about fighting for your country & upholding all it's beliefs (etc...) then sure...it's noble

Me...
Personally...

Would NEVER do it...

If you're serious about fighting for your country & upholding all it's beliefs (etc...) then sure...it's noble

Me...
Personally...

Would NEVER do it...

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

did you say this to get a rise out of some people?

Originally Posted by TeamJordan79

did you say this to get a rise out of some people?

Depending on your beliefs...

If u believe that this government is worth fightin for then you are delusional and misinformed. I served for 4 yrs after 9/11 . I didn't enlist to fight terrorist in Iraq or Afghanistan but I ended up in the sandbox for a few months . Some people call patriotic and some called it stupid. I joined for my own personal benefits and came across alot of people who felt the same.

Some people join to fight for "freedom" of others , but our oppressive government is stripping us of ours little by little.

Now is not the time to be patriotic because your government isn't being very honest with it's citizens. Revolution is on the horizon... All we need is 10 percent . The rest can be herd like sheep for slaughter

Depending on your beliefs...

If u believe that this government is worth fightin for then you are delusional and misinformed. I served for 4 yrs after 9/11 . I didn't enlist to fight terrorist in Iraq or Afghanistan but I ended up in the sandbox for a few months . Some people call patriotic and some called it stupid. I joined for my own personal benefits and came across alot of people who felt the same.

Some people join to fight for "freedom" of others , but our oppressive government is stripping us of ours little by little.

Now is not the time to be patriotic because your government isn't being very honest with it's citizens. Revolution is on the horizon... All we need is 10 percent . The rest can be herd like sheep for slaughter

Hell yeah.

Honestly, as liberal as I am, I recognize what people take for granted in this country and I know that NO ONE on this board would live ANYWHERE else. What we have is worthy of all the support we can give it.

I support anyones decision to preserve the lifestyle I have and to ensure its dominance in the world. Take a look at yourself, do you want to be number 2? Didn't think so...

Hell yeah.

Honestly, as liberal as I am, I recognize what people take for granted in this country and I know that NO ONE on this board would live ANYWHERE else. What we have is worthy of all the support we can give it.

I support anyones decision to preserve the lifestyle I have and to ensure its dominance in the world. Take a look at yourself, do you want to be number 2? Didn't think so...

To me, it doesnt matter what the persons reasons for enlisting are. I think its noble, and I think it takes courage to sign up for the military. There is always that chance you will be sent into battle and could be killed, thats pretty brave to me. I know I would never sign up for the military though.

To me, it doesnt matter what the persons reasons for enlisting are. I think its noble, and I think it takes courage to sign up for the military. There is always that chance you will be sent into battle and could be killed, thats pretty brave to me. I know I would never sign up for the military though.

the people i know who joined the armed forces did it because they're not good at school and enlisting was an alternative to going to college.

the people i know who joined the armed forces did it because they're not good at school and enlisting was an alternative to going to college.

Yea I have met a lot of people that do it only for the personal benefits.

I wonder how many people would enlist to if no $/benefits were offered?

Yea I have met a lot of people that do it only for the personal benefits.

I wonder how many people would enlist to if no $/benefits were offered?

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

To me, it doesnt matter what the persons reasons for enlisting are. I think its noble, and I think it takes courage to sign up for the military. There is always that chance you will be sent into [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]batter[/color] and could be killed, thats pretty brave to me. I know I would never sign up for the military though.

grin.gif

Spoiler [+]
Cake1.JPG

Back
Top Bottom