Do you still own cds?

Yo @Firepower kelly clarkson? Really? lol
Haha, I actually really enjoyed that album back in the day... you should see my Avril Lavigne collection tho 
devil.gif

laugh.gif

#noshame

the days of tearing off the plastic, looking at the artwork and skimming the booklet while popping that cd in the player :smokin

Last edited:
Maybe cause I've always had an interest in music and always seek out new music, but I always get confused at posts like "I haven't bought a cd since GRODT". That was in 2003, so....you have not been interested in ANY other albums in 12 years :lol:?

Kept the classics disposed the rest and i regret it.

These days i buy all my music digitally, but if the album art is dope i'll cop the physical also.

just copped 2Pac's "Me against the world" OG pressing on ebay.
waiting on the Makavelli OG pressing. First CD's I've bought in probably like 10 years tho, I couldn't pass these up.
looking to grab a tape player and some tapes too :smokin

Last edited:
But I always get confused at posts like "I haven't bought a cd since GRODT". That was in 2003, so....you have not been interested in ANY other albums in 12 years :lol:?

I hate when I see these posts. What are you really saying? You're a cheap **** that can't afford a $10 CD? Or when I meet people and they claim they're huge fans of someone but have never bought their album and then get mad that they're not putting out any new music....

I still got my LPs, wouldn't mind going back and buying some tapes but not sure how I would display them and I don't need a new hobby. I used to have pics of my CD stacks but can't find it. Here's the LPs I kept.

2ur6lir.jpg

Last edited:
^ Dope. :pimp:

I need to find a tape player or something, i bought that Ghostface 12 Reasons To Die box set and that Raekwon Purple Tape box set couple of years ago and they both came w/ cassettes, it'd be dope to play em.

I hate when I see these posts. What are you really saying? You're a cheap **** that can't afford a $10 CD? Or when I meet people and they claim they're huge fans of someone but have never bought their album and then get mad that they're not putting out any new music....

I still got my LPs, wouldn't mind going back and buying some tapes but not sure how I would display them and I don't need a new hobby. I used to have pics of my CD stacks but can't find it. Here's the LPs I kept.

2ur6lir.jpg

Nice collection. I need to get me some LP frames to hang up. They just make a wall pop.

^ Dope. :pimp:

I need to find a tape player or something, i bought that Ghostface 12 Reasons To Die box set and that Raekwon Purple Tape box set couple of years ago and they both came w/ cassettes, it'd be dope to play em.

Check your local flea market or ebay, I'm sure you can find a nice looking retro one on there. Always wanted that purple tape box set. How much you paid for it?

One more thing I would add is that if I'd known then what I know now, back in the late '80s I would have carried on buying vinyl... a vinyl collection is sooo much cooler than CDs... but hey, back then we were told that vinyl was pretty much gonna be obsolete unless you were a DJ ...CDs were the future and could never be bettered lol.
Vinyl is now so popular, a separate chart just for vinyl releases was launched today in the UK...

"The UK's first weekly vinyl chart has been launched by the Official Charts Company as sales of vinyl albums and singles continue to soar. Despite predictions that CDs - then MP3s and streaming - would render vinyl obsolete, sales reached an 18-year high in 2014, at 1.29 million. 

Figures show sales of vinyl albums are set to grow by another 70% this year."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32251994

Last edited:
recently found a box of old mixtapes circa 03-05

haven't had a chance to really go through them yet

yes

i have every kanye and cudi CD srs

i only cop if its my fav besides that nah

Last edited:
Crazy how times have changed. Although they're basically phased out, I still admire a cd tower just because i know that person paid for it and the artist released a project that they were proud of.

Pictures and music have been bastardized in this bra generation. Pictures mean literally nothing nowadays.

Cds?

Yea i got cds

CDS Nutzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited:
But I always get confused at posts like "I haven't bought a cd since GRODT". That was in 2003, so....you have not been interested in ANY other albums in 12 years :lol:?

2ur6lir.jpg

info on the frames :nerd: ?

your wall looks dope :pimp:

Last edited:

2ur6lir.jpg

not a single god dam kanye album up there

son i am disappoint

So those that have all of those cds, does the space it takes up bother you?
Doesn't bother me, but they do take up space that could instead be displaying some nice ornaments and ish 
laugh.gif

Once I get some new sideboard units for my crib, I'll be fine lol.

But like others have said, they're more of a back up than anything else... I'm not really emotionally attached to them, I just don't want to throw them out in case my digital copies get corrupted/stolen etc. and I have to import them again... it's only the music that I have emotional attachment to.

Just a small sample, I also have two Jordan CDP (outer) boxes filled to the brim at the back of my bedroom closet...

No Kanye albums though I'm afraid... "shrugs"
that Massive Attack CD
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom