Do you rep your small town or the big city that's the closest?

Mad people from northwest Indiana like to say they're from Chicago smh that **** is annoying as hell....but I rep Crown Town all day

I stay true to my city but I am starting to notice that whenever i am outside of NC and meet someone from NC, they automatically mention that they are from Charlotte when they are not. For instance, Concord NC is about 15 minutes north but they still claim Charlotte. Same goes for Fayetteville and Raleigh.

Yeah, I've noticed this too about people from towns outside of Charlotte. Never understood why they won't rep where they're from.

it depends. if Im talking to somebody from the general area thatll recognize my small town, Ill say it. But rather than explain at length where Lansdowne is in reference to Philadelphia to an out of stater, Ill just say Philly.

This.

i rep long beach but when i meet chicks or people that dont know much about cali i just say LA :lol:

DC is cool and all, but when someone asks me where I'm from I say I'm from PG County, Maryland.

Surprisingly alot of people know that it's a place, but if someone asks where it is I tell them it's a suburb of DC.

*Flamesuit on* Wale helped put PG on the map *Flamewuit off*

But basically what Blakep said. I tell people I meet from outside of MD that I live just north of Baltimore. But if you are from MD I say I live in Bel Air. But countless times I say I live in Bel Air.... and people say OMG BEL AIR CALIFORNIA WHERE THE CELEBRITIES LIVE????? no....Maryland............oh.............its north of Baltimore...

From Columbia, MO. The nearest cities around are St. Louis and Kansas City which are both 2 hours east and west respectively. Whenever I am asked where I am from when I am out of state I just say Missouri. From my experience most people in Missouri knows where Columbia is since The University of Missouri is here.

Many people outside of upstate NY are proud to rep there borough or even Long Island many people hold where they are from very high and mighty

This is more like the reverse of the thread.
I say NYC. Then I say Brooklyn after they ask. If anything it keeps convo going for an extra five seconds.

Reppin Charlotte...704 is all mine. 

pimp.gif

From the town Salisbury though...

Last edited:
DC is cool and all, but when someone asks me where I'm from I say I'm from PG County, Maryland.
Surprisingly alot of people know that it's a place, but if someone asks where it is I tell them it's a suburb of DC.

*Flamesuit on* Wale helped put PG on the map *Flamewuit off*
But basically what Blakep said. I tell people I meet from outside of MD that I live just north of Baltimore. But if you are from MD I say I live in Bel Air. But countless times I say I live in Bel Air.... and people say OMG BEL AIR CALIFORNIA WHERE THE CELEBRITIES LIVE????? no....Maryland............oh.............its north of Baltimore...

Depends on if the person I'm talking to knows the region. I don't live in Baltimore, but I was born and raised there, so I'll usually say I'm from Baltimore or Maryland if the person doesn't know the area well.

I tell people I live in MD, DC area. People outside of the area but still in MD, (bmore, coloumbia, frederick, eastern shore, western) I just say PG.

Last edited:
Usually say my small town name followed by the Bay Area California and then usually get asked how far it is from(Oakland, SF, Berkeley..etc.)

I've always been taught to be proud of where I'm from. I say exactly where I am from (Inglewood) and go from there.

I'm a proud product of Teaneck, NJ... 15 minutes outside of NYC.

Never do I say I'm from NY. Teaneck All Day.

Back
Top Bottom