Do you naturally just grow out of shoes?

I will always love shoes...How do you grow out of your passion? When I first watched Do the Right Thang I feel in love with the cement 4's and its been arap since.

A wrap?

But yeah, I still like shoes just not really into sneakers anymore. I've got boxes of shoes just lying around that I'll never wear and probablywon't sell.

Not grown out of, just slowed down. There are ones that I correlate with something significant or importance towards. It is slightly due to the money, and dueto the companies doing nothing "impressive" or "innovative" enough, word to Chrysler and the bailout.
I've also gotten to the being very selectiveness in which ones to buy since I work and fixed gear ride with straps all the time.
But yes, NT general also is about 50% why I'm here now, along with 40%wdywt, and 10% we get *!$# first and foremost, respect them elder sneaker insiders.
~Lefty

How do you guys manage to afford jordans every week in high school? I had a part time and I still weren't able too

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

nah it's just budgeting for me. I know in the back of my mind if i had the $$, I would go crazy
laugh.gif
Word.
pimp.gif

As far as Nike and Jordans go (esp JB) pretty much everything they've been coming out with is garbage. Thats part of it. Ill still buy some Nikes to hoopin and run in..but now its more or less get multiples of shoes I know Ill go through.

btw, i said earlier that i don't care about Js and stuff now. but let me make an exception to that:

i WILL be copping the Space Jams at the end of the year.. those are like childhood grails, i gotta have them
pimp.gif

I just think as you get older, the more you see you can't spend your money on the new releases.

And for some reason I thought you were asking if our feet grow
embarassed.gif

doesnt that mean you just followed the hype or something?? people who collect shoes have a passion for it n if you have a passion for something it justdoesn't go away.

What a wack team you're a part of.
sick.gif

I still have shoes from 8 grade that i bought about a size too big
indifferent.gif

3 years later, i still use 'em
Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

And for some reason I thought you were asking if our feet grow
embarassed.gif
He wasn't talking about that?
grin.gif
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by dunksnjordans1992

doesnt that mean you just followed the hype or something?? people who collect shoes have a passion for it n if you have a passion for something it just doesn't go away.

Just cause you aint all crazy about sneakers anymore doesnt mean you did before for the hype, its probably cause other things are more important than buyingsneakers. You can have a passion for something but sometimes you just have to hang up your boots on the wire and give it a rest. Im not gonna lie alot ofpeople do it for the hype but others who have the passion for them just move on.

I think I will always be into sneakers. Playing hoop keeps me in the shoe game more than anything else. It's not an obessesion, but I can't go to amall without checking out what's new at the shoe stores.

1000 posts - only took me 3 years.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Originally Posted by NY Denim Seller

Honestly yes. I don't wear sneakers anymore. Jordans and Nikes are not doing it anymore. Unless your 13 or 14.

I can't wear a fitted cap or sneakers anymore. Too childish and immature. Straight loafers and boat shoes.

I see a couple of 20 year olds in the WDYWT dressing like 15 year olds. They have the fitted cap that matches the sneakers, the shirt that matches the sneakers, the jacket that matches shirt.

Grow up.
*%+*% you were just talkin bout when throwbacks coming back...yet somehow sneakers & fitteds are immature
eyes.gif

I actually haven't got a new pair of sneakers all of 2009
smh.gif
....Sophomore year of college is bout to be different, being broke in school ain't really the plan.
the only shoes i bought for 2009 is the Nike "Eggplant's". Still love the feeling of new pair of sneakers. I realize the outsideworld don't care the size of you're collection. They care about the size of you're wallet.

Originally Posted by imrichboy

Honestly yes. I don't wear sneakers anymore. Jordans and Nikes are not doing it anymore. Unless your 13 or 14.

I can't wear a fitted cap or sneakers anymore. Too childish and immature. Straight loafers and boat shoes.

I see a couple of 20 year olds in the WDYWT dressing like 15 year olds. They have the fitted cap that matches the sneakers, the shirt that matches the sneakers, the jacket that matches shirt.

Grow up.
*%+*% you were just talkin bout when throwbacks coming back...yet somehow sneakers & fitteds are immature
eyes.gif

smh.gif
....Sophomore year of college is bout to be different, being broke in school ain't really the plan.
the only shoes i bought for 2009 is the Nike "Eggplant's". Still love the feeling of new pair of sneakers. I realize the outside world don't care the size of you're collection. They care about the size of you're wallet.

so your main goal in life is to impress others rather than doing what you enjoy the most?

Nah, I'll probably wear collect sneakers forever because a collection can never be complete.

But I must say this, the way Jordan Brand is headed, I might stop buying newer Air Jordans and collect the OGs and earlier retros.

I'm on the hunt for Old Nikes and Reeboks too.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Originally Posted by imrichboy

Grow up.
eyes.gif

smh.gif
the only shoes i bought for 2009 is the Nike "Eggplant's". Still love the feeling of new pair of sneakers. I realize the outside world don't care the size of you're collection. They care about the size of you're wallet.

so your main goal in life is to impress others rather than doing what you enjoy the most?
no, just being smarter.

i was never that crazy in the first place though, but nike hasn't been releasing anything worthwhile and im very picky anyways.

I'd say one thing though, when I was younger I would only consider Nike, but now, Nike would probably be my last consideration.

ill still buy what I LIKE if I CAN AFFORD it after all my other bills. Senior year, it was a new pair of J's every week when i got paid.

Back
Top Bottom