Do y'all buy cupcakes?

Originally Posted by xcg11pinoYx

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

What do yall think the next niche food is? This cupcake boom seem like it just came outta nowhere within the past 5 years or so.

*G'Town cupcakes are TINY. The show helped their profile big time. DC heads...yall ever peep the line at their store???
eek.gif
They got security and everything
laugh.gif

Crumbs is where its at, my man *thumbs up*
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

G-town deserves all the success they've been getting, hats off to them...but no way do their cupcakes justify that long wait in line....went there a few times and haven't been back since, pretty overrated IMO

Crumbs has a RIDICULOUS selection and their joints are muffin sized....well worth the $4.00, IMO. 

i drove by G-Town Cupcakes but never went in. People I know love it tho.

I can't wait to make some cake pops tho! I've been hype to do that for awhile.

I have a cupcake cookie from a food truck in LA. So gross we threw them away and it was the size of a half dollar. Didnt even try to finish it. Luckily it was free.

quote me on this, the next big desert is going to be pana cottas and anything involving blood oranges. at least in fine dining.

bakers are loving the cupcake trend.  say you get them for your wedding, they are easy as hell to do compared to a cake and they can still charge a grip.

i will just say that i feel bad for anyone who hasnt had the opportunity to try a black and white from Sprinkles. It's worth the price tag. I kick myself everytime i go to an event in LA and i get there after 7 when they close. these tears in my eyes are real tears of joy

I keep hearing about the G Town cupcake place....but cupcakes guys?

I see a lot of DC heads on NT....nice

Those joints from Sprinkles are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Used to know a girl who worked there. Would swoop her from work and she'd bring home like a box for free
pimp.gif

I'd never pay for one though...way too pricey
laugh.gif

ive had a cupcake at georgetown cupcakes andd crumb's
they are heavy but in that rare scenario theyare good

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

What do yall think the next niche food is? This cupcake boom seem like it just came outta nowhere within the past 5 years or so.

*G'Town cupcakes are TINY. The show helped their profile big time. DC heads...yall ever peep the line at their store???
eek.gif
They got security and everything
laugh.gif

I think whoopie pies might take off.

red-velvet-whoopie-pies-2-550.jpg

nah. i make my own.
grin.gif

but most of the time i just go to a spot by my house to get my sugar fix.

Every once in a while I'll buy a cupcake. Preferably a white cupcake with blue frosting.

Half the time I can't eat them because they are either too rich or have too much frosting. The only cupcakes I eat are Betty Crocker or the ones you get from Albertson's/Jewel/Von's

Can't justify spending money on a cupcake that I can use towards more nutritious and filling food. If it's a dollar sure but $3.50? Na, I'll cop some chicken with that.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

i tried those things twice at different places and they are nasty to me...

i don't like the icing...i'd rather have betty crocker

yup.. they only look good 
tired.gif

homemade cupcakes > 

I only *** w/ red velvet c.cakes

I'd rather have this for $2 
pimp.gif

( crack )

Bacon_donut.jpg

tumblr_lxb5xeAPiv1r9axmwo1_500.jpg

Back
Top Bottom