Do y'all buy cupcakes?

Not the grocery store ones, but from places like this @ 3 fitty a pop:

190522217.jpg

Today, Sprinkles Cupcakes announced they're unveiling an ATM machine at their Beverly Hills location that dispenses cupcakes 24 hours a day. #awman
nerd.gif

sprinkles.jpg

sprinkles1.jpg

i tried those things twice at different places and they are nasty to me...

i don't like the icing...i'd rather have betty crocker

im probably in the minority but i think sprinkles cupcakes arent that great. the cake itself is way too dense.

and no, i do not buy these $3.50 cupcakes much anymore but i will eat them if someone buys it for me.

Hells yes. Magnolia, Georgetown, Crumbs, Billy's. I know all the spots.

My wife loves them and after a smoke I will demo them things.

Homemade cupcakes>>>>
But yeah I'll buy cupcakes from bakeries every now and then.
We have this place called Gigis cupcakes (don't know if it's national or not) pretty good cupcakes once you take half of the icing off

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Today, Sprinkles Cupcakes announced they're unveiling an ATM machine at their Beverly Hills location that dispenses cupcakes 24 hours a day. #awman
nerd.gif

sprinkles.jpg

sprinkles1.jpg

Bruh I remember going here in LA back in '08 with my girlfriend and my cousins and that line was ridiculous
laugh.gif

my dude and his girl had me go to Sprinkles the other day with them,

39 dollars for a dozen, 21 bucks for a half.

Son....for 39 dollars them %%#!# better get me high and come with a happy ending.

Chocolate cupcakes are delicious, I just hate frosting so I never buy them.

I'll make my own every now and then though.

Ill take the six pick from the grocery store for like 5 bucks over them gourmet joints any day

What do yall think the next niche food is? This cupcake boom seem like it just came outta nowhere within the past 5 years or so.

*G'Town cupcakes are TINY. The show helped their profile big time. DC heads...yall ever peep the line at their store???
eek.gif
They got security and everything
laugh.gif

My girlfriend is into cupcakes. We always end up making a trip to Sift or some other local bakery known for their cupcakes. I, on the other hand, am not a fan of the prices of these desserts.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

What do yall think the next niche food is? This cupcake boom seem like it just came outta nowhere within the past 5 years or so.

*G'Town cupcakes are TINY. The show helped their profile big time. DC heads...yall ever peep the line at their store???
eek.gif
laugh.gif
its already starting to get fairly popular, but im guessing cakepops, whoopie pies, and/or french macaroons are gonna be the next popular dessert treat.  Theres this spot in downtown LA that has the macaroons for $2 a pop.  Wife brought some home and I admit I was a bit annoyed that she dropped $20 on a handful of these single bite dessert snacks.  They were delicious which made me less annoyed, but I dont know if I'd pay $2/ea on the regular.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

eek.gif
laugh.gif

Crumbs is where its at, my man *thumbs up*
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

G-town deserves all the success they've been getting, hats off to them...but no way do their cupcakes justify that long wait in line....went there a few times and haven't been back since, pretty overrated IMO

Back
Top Bottom