Do people not tip in Europe? Vol. Foreigners never leave me tip....

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Where do you work at? I'm going there to eat and then complain about your bad attitude and crappy service.
laugh.gif

That gets you a little "garlic salt" and "alfalfa sprouts" in your food.

also some resturants slap a service charge in other countries so theres not always a need to tip. i noticed this alot in asia.

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Anyways, I don't really get tipping.. especially the mandatory 15-20% tipping rule that I must obey lol.. the whole concept sounds stupid to me.. stupid employers, just pay your damn people more! tipping should be optional and based on actual customer service..

Incorrect. They voluntarily signed up for a $@!+@% paying job, and their employees found a way to save literally 10s of 1000s of $ on wages per year bydeflecting that cost onto you, so it's your responsibility to atone for those choices.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Anyways, I don't really get tipping.. especially the mandatory 15-20% tipping rule that I must obey lol.. the whole concept sounds stupid to me.. stupid employers, just pay your damn people more! tipping should be optional and based on actual customer service..

Incorrect. They voluntarily signed up for a #*@@%* paying job, and their employees found a way to said literally 10s of 1000s of $ on wages per year by deflecting that cost onto you, so it's your responsibility to atone for those choices.
American people stay bailing out corporate America
grin.gif

I'm cheap if i leave 15% but the owners can pay $2.13/hr a full $3 under minimum wage
grin.gif

I thought some people from other countries didn't tip because waiters/waitresses actually make a real wage in their country. In the USA waiters get paid acouple bucks an hour + tips, so the tips are the bulk of their $$$ instead of other countries where they get a normal hourly rate and little to no tips.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Ortega03

http://answers.yahoo.com/...id=20080201031002AAGCkm8

If your up for a read..
Thanks, I kind of figured, I just wasn't sure of that's how it is back over there in the "Mother Land" and the other Euro countries.
monto carlo's cafe paris ftl. Pretty much fit every stereotype of a rude french waiter. Tax was 21% too.
sick.gif
sick.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
. Good thing my aunt covered the bill.

edit: sorry I think i quoted the wrong person, but its early and im too lazy to fix it hah.

i hear that the stereotype comes from parisians being rude. i know the people in the south of france were cool. but then again i havent encountered any overlyrude people in paris either.

Back
Top Bottom