Do Kids still skip school or come back at lunch w/the new Jordans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The priorities....
roll.gif

Never have, never will.
One day they'll learn.

Originally Posted by Bush Man 2002

when the Spacejams dropped, i skipped half a day of school and came to school with them on...broke necks like hell that day

LOL the XIs and XIIs blew that trend up for real...they were both ridiculous shoes, and skippin school to stunt at lunch time was VERY mandatory lol...

If they did come out during a school day though, I'd definitely skip class to go cop them

I started getting Jordan's in 6th grade and by the 7th grade I was always just a little late when the new Jordans would come out. I would go and get thembefore school and always be the 1st to have them. It was a pretty good feeling because everyone would be like wow! Haha those were the days.......

i remember for the altitude 13's mad bishop ford high school heads skipped school for them just to wait in line for them ...most of them came back withnothing

i payed my sister to skip school n goto supreme to wait in line for the trainers that dropped last year....she didnt get em
frown.gif
...i woulda went myself but i wasat school in VA and couldnt get there quick enough

I skipped school because the DMP dropped way early at a spot near me.

Reselling DMPs and making a couple thousand>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SkOOl

Originally Posted by raptors29

No, because I don't think many people go to school on Saturday
laugh.gif
They used to drop on wednesdays until kids start getting caught and locked up for skipping school

Originally Posted by Mw2889

I skipped school because the DMP dropped way early at a spot near me.

Reselling DMPs and making a couple thousand >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SkOOl

uhh...skipping school to buy shoes and WEAR THEM THAT DAY for stuntin purposes>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> reselling

no amount of money can replace the straight arrogance and disregard for homeroom, math, and shop class you exuded doing that.

Bootleg ed, what part of michigan are you from?

Well, most release dates now if not all are on the weekends right?
I was skipping class in elementary, junior high and high school to grab air jordans.
That felt good to do even though it wasnt mandatory alot of us were just concerned with having fresh kicks on that particular day being that it was the releasedate and us knowing how quickly air jordan models fly out of the retail shops.

I remember so many days that i showed up for junior high and high school late, the air jordan 5 retros that came out in january of 2000 white/red/black. Alotof guys didnt really like them too much because of the tongue being too high, i was in the 8th grade back them however alot of the older guys related moretowards them.

9th grade, october 2000 the air jordan xi retro concords came out, same day as the playstation 2 right if i recall correctly? I was at finishline early and ipurchased them, made in to first hour right before the bell sounded off. When i went to lunch that day all of the older cats were looking down at my feet and iheard a few fellas whispering, "I didnt know that those came out today!" A few minutes after i heard that a big chunk of the lunchroom was clearedout. Alot of the kids left school to go to the mall and purchase them, the mall was and still is only like 5 to 6 minutes away from the high school that i wentto.

Those were great days, great memories. I am happy that i still get to share them with people who are interested.

Wasn't that when jays released on wednsdays?,i remember doing that for my pro quicks,lol when i was in like the 8th grade.

Originally Posted by Da Future Nike Rep

Bootleg ed, what part of michigan are you from?

9th grade, october 2000 the air jordan xi retro concords came out, same day as the playstation 2 right if i recall correctly? I was at finishline early and i purchased them, made in to first hour right before the bell sounded off. When i went to lunch that day all of the older cats were looking down at my feet and i heard a few fellas whispering, "I didnt know that those came out today!" A few minutes after i heard that a big chunk of the lunchroom was cleared out. Alot of the kids left school to go to the mall and purchase them, the mall was and still is only like 5 to 6 minutes away from the high school that i went to.

i was in tenth grade then...i remember that WELL lol

i'm from Ann Arbor, btw

I remember the Spacejam release, oh my goodness. I was contemplating on taking my fathers car even though i did not know how to drive good and go to the storeanyways and it was a blizzard outside that day here in michigan, i probably would not have made it to the store if i would have done that lol. We had to haveclose to around 10 inches of snow however i woke my father up to drive me over my mothers house to get the money. Got to the store at around maybe 11am at theearliest and they were gone. I was thinking to myself, "damn, (excuse the language) they sold out still and we just had a blizzard!" I called aroundand still no luck. I didnt get them to make a long story short, i remember my boy purchased them from a sneaker website for a little bit over $200 dollars. Icouldnt do it because i just didnt have that extra cash. Nike.com had the spacejams up for a minute in most sizes too but everyone that had a credit card wasprocrastinating by basically being on their own time. I will still get them lol.

I never skipped school to cop any Jordans, I used to get mine early because I had a connect in Sneaker Villa and Foot Action. Then my boy from Sneaker quit andte girl from Foot Action got fired, so now I cop on release dates. But I'm only 20, and my mom was still buyin' my shoes when release dates weredurin' the week.

My last Jordan during my senior year were the Laney 5's. Remember picking up my prom pictures that day too. Memories...

Originally Posted by kicksiscrack

Some schools just learned to take a staff day on release days....ah..memories.

eek.gif
, never heard that one before.

saturdays is for lames anyway...... I STILL DO ............I DIDNT GO UNTIL LIKE 10 30 LAST YEAR WHEN THE LASER 5'S CAME OUT AND I GET EVERY PAIR OF JAYSON FRIDAYS OR THURSDAYS BEFORE RD BECAUSE I GOT CONNECTS LIKE THAT AND I WEAR THEN TO SKOOL 2 SHOW EVERYONE WAT TO GO GET ON SATURDAYMORNIN....................WHICH IS HELLA BOSSY ..............THE GOOD THING IS THAT I ONLY PAY LIKE $2 EXTRA ..........SO IF THE PRICE + TAX = 147.18 I PAY 150EVEN AND WALK OUT WITH MA SHOES...........THE ONLY DISADVANTAGE IS THAT I GET NO SHOE BOX........UNTIL RD

*IM FROM DETROIT, DETROIT...........

Dathbgboy wrote:
Lol, I remember them days. I could never afford J's forreal back then, but I remember I was hot wit this dude strolled into Spanish class wit the SJ's.
laugh.gif
I contemplated robbin him but had no plan that wouldnt result in me gettin in trouble.
eyes.gif

Yea This was the issue for me as well. I seen crazy heat growing up. Was a lil burnt bout not having them
mad.gif
cuz like the other cat said they were the ones gettin buns from dapopular chicks lol. Used the excuse I don't want 2 be like everyone else. But now I have the doe I get every J I like. But the girls don't care aboutthe kicks as much at my age now. Now u gotta have the biggest house and latest car. KIDS PLEASE ENJOY YOUR YOUTH.

Originally Posted by sikaDEnyAAVerage

i remember for the altitude 13's mad bishop ford high school heads skipped school for them just to wait in line for them ...most of them came back with nothing
loughlin dudes snatched em up
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by King Lincey

Originally Posted by nickfairclough

"Get off my jock so hard with yo sensitive self. I was referring to how I was trying to post something in a thread but I accidentally posted in this one. Crybabies...
eyes.gif
"

If that is the case, why wouldn't use just edit yourself out?

I didn't think it was that serious, G.
laugh.gif
Right, whatever you say hahahaha
roll.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom