Do any Ntera wear contacts.

I've worn em for like 10 years now

Try not to wear em for more than a night. Even if I fall asleep in em I normally take em out and let me eyes rest a bit before throwing a new pair in

I have worn them from age 13 to 30 (now).

I'm a poor candidate for laser surgery due to thin corneas. They only feel comfortable doing the old school PRK surgery. No thanks Jeff.

Single greatest feeling on earth = ripping out contacts after a long day of work!

It literally took me like an hour to get both lenses out last night. Ish is crazy my eyes were done.

You get used to it bro. You'll find a way. Just have to slide them to the side and pinch it off. Really simple once you get the hang of it.

It literally took me like an hour to get both lenses out last night. Ish is crazy my eyes were done.

Really :lol: ? You just start wearing them? They don't seem like it'd be that much trouble to put in and take out. Although it's really not a natural thing to do with inserting things into your eyes and plucking things out so it's understandable.

With traditional contact lenses, you can just insert the lens into a "general area" near your iris area and it'll slide into place so to speak and when it comes to taking them out, you can just "pluck" them out with your fingers. Maybe if you can tell your eyes are dry, wouldn't hurt to put some drops to get that lubed up.

With my Ortho-K lens though, the one big difference from regular soft lens, is that you have to insert the Ortho-K lens directly in the center of your iris since they're hard lens, they're not gonna "slide into place". Was def a big trip for me at first, since best way to insert directly is to stare right into your finger (finger that's holding the lens) and just look straight into it as you insert. Just trippy since it's not natural to put stuff in your eye so it seems sketchy directly seeing a finger go in there :lol:

And then for taking them out, you gotta put some drops in to lube and then use a mini plunger to take them out.

Single greatest feeling on earth = ripping out contacts after a long day of work!

:lol: Thought I was only one out there that knew this feeling. Back when I had regular lens, coming home from school/work and knowing I wasn't going out rest of night; straight to bathroom and taking the lens out. Back then, I took it as a sign of a nice lazy relaxing day if it meant I didn't have to put my lens in at all :lol:

Last edited:
Anyone of you guys have astigmatism?
Yep.

Yall stretching your contacts aint a good look. Same dudes that probably just throw them in the case without proper cleaning/rubbing them :smh:
Is rubbing really necessary? I usually just rinse both sides for a while.

kdawg kdawg You seem like the expert here, is rinsing enough or nah?

With a decent solution and frequent replacement lenses rubbing is not essential. You don't want to be using the cheap store brand stuff - there's a big difference - in cleaning properties, bug killing and comfort.

But, you need to rinse the lenses on removal, soak them in fresh solution and rinse again before inserting. A few drops doesn't cut it - you want to squirt them for 5-10s which is quite a long time.

If you're stockpiling solution you're not rinsing enough - one of those value packs (usually something like 750ml of solution) should last 3 months.

It makes an instant improvement in comfort too - just by freshening them up and over the next few weeks you'll get less buildup on the lens surface.

^ yep that's the mini plunger thing I was talking about :lol:

I only use it b/c hard lens requires that since you can't just pluck them out of your eyes like regular soft lens.

That's totally unnecessary though if you're using the regular lens that most people in here seem to use :lol:

I do.

my left eye is acuvue oasys for astigmatism and right eye is acuvue oasys hyraclear plus 

I do.

Yep.

Yep.

:lol:

Question for all of you then. I use Acuvue Oasys, my right eye has astigmatism.

Is it just me or do the astigmatism ones take a couple tries to get right? Like my left eye which is normal, it always takes one try to get it properly fitted and focused. But my right eye with astigmatism I can rarely get it on and focused on the first try. Takes like 5-6 times of removing and putting them back on to get it right ...

Nawzlew Nawzlew
Make sure the the lens is bowl shaped and the line on the lens is at the 12 o'clock spot when putting them in

Last edited:
Have astigmatism in both eyes. HVe had contacts for 9 years now. Barely even wear them. Just too lazy to out them I and glasses are more comfortable.

Do you guys remember getting check ups at the optometrist and they'd puff air into your eyes? Hate that ish man. Like I have no problem touching my eyes from wearing contacts, but that ish still bugs me man. It's for seeing your eye pressure I guess but one time a different optometrist used this yellow eye drops. Kinda numbs your eyes. Made my eye lids all heavy and low like I was blowing on some good Cali. Does anyone know what that is?

Have astigmatism in both eyes. HVe had contacts for 9 years now. Barely even wear them. Just too lazy to out them I and glasses are more comfortable.

Do you guys remember getting check ups at the optometrist and they'd puff air into your eyes? Hate that ish man. Like I have no problem touching my eyes from wearing contacts, but that ish still bugs me man. It's for seeing your eye pressure I guess but one time a different optometrist used this yellow eye drops. Kinda numbs your eyes. Made my eye lids all heavy and low like I was blowing on some good Cali. Does anyone know what that is?
Yo, hate those damn tests!

When you have to rest your chin & forehead against that machine, look into the green dot just to get air blown into your eyes 
mad.gif

Sounds like the optometrist used dilating eye drops on you. 

^that's fluorescein with a topical anaesthetic. You need it to measure intraocular pressure by a contact method - basically a little thing presses against the eye and measures how firm it is. Hard to do that without numbing the eye. It's still the gold standard compared to the air puff - a non contact method.

It's basically pointless if you're below 40 so I'm always irritated by people doing it "just because". It's the nature of the world we live in though...

Last edited:
^that's fluorescein with a topical anaesthetic. You need it to measure intraocular pressure by a contact method - basically a little thing presses against the eye and measures how firm it is. Hard to do that without numbing the eye. It's still the gold standard compared to the air puff - a non contact method.

It's basically pointless if your below 40 so I'm always irritated by people doing it "just because". It's the nature of the world we live in though...

Figured so :lol: I did it one time back in high school when I still wore glasses and it was a trip.

Haven't done it since I started going and paying on my own. 1st few times I went to my current eye doctor, she always made it seem like it was an up-sell to me and after declining to do it first 2-3 years I went to her, she never asks anymore

I wear contacts but sometimes I'd rather stick with just rocking the glasses it's just hassle free. Especially on an aircraft, my contacts tend to always be a pain in the *** they dry my eyes up so quickly.

Haven't worn contacts since 2010 but I may get back into them.

Letting your eyes breathe with glasses though >>>

Avid contact wearer for a decade (13-23yrs old) before getting laser eye surgery. Don't wear it too often/long when you're young. It WILL mess up your eyes. 

thread title had me :lol:

"nah, no NT'ers wear contacts. sorry, bruh" :lol:

been wearing contacts since 8th or 9th grade

Wore contacts for the first time after about 2 weeks. My eyes felt so damn irritated and my eyes were all red. Hate when my eyes look bloodshot or I have pinkeye. After I take some contacts out of the packaging it seems like I'll not experience irritation if I put more solution on the lenses.

Back
Top Bottom