Divorce stories WHERE EVERYTHING TURNS OUT FINE. Do they exist?

Originally Posted by Vidasman

Oh, and if you think that it's only possible for people to go after each other for child support, you're wrong. Two people can get divorced, go their separate ways, and everything is everything, but then once the state gets word of the split up, they CAN decide for themselves who to go after for child support... and then go after them.
Why would the STATE interfere with that if both parents agreed to not go after child support from one another?? Like what would be the cause for the state stepping in and having a say so?
Because if the mother applies for any sort of state aid (like medical insurance for the child) there has to be a child support claim in place. And once again, you don't have to be married/divorced for all of this to go down. I am speaking from experience.
ohwell.gif
Why it's set up like this? Because the state gets a cut from the childsupport paid.

Divorce is an ugly thing....my parents divorce happened later in my teens and it polarized me a lot. I got out of there asap....

My parents are divorced and still live in the same house, (thats been on the market for months with not very much activity), and there is soooooooo muchhostility and negativity energy in the house.

My moms and I can never have a good convo for some reason, money is strapped, my sister is going through high school, my dad still wants to fix the past, andI'm in college tryna make sense out of life
smh.gif

My homeboys parents got divorced when he was around 12. His mom still hangs out with his fathers family they're still cool and occasionally hang out. Hejust turned 21 and his mom is getting married soon. his pops is still smashin beezies from the club
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
glasses.gif

my parents went through a peaceful separation.

i never witnessed any intense fights and they don't speak ill about one another.

they keep in touch. i'd say they were friends.

pertaining to money issues, i'm not really sure how they worked it out .. i think they just go 50/50 on everything.

of course their relationship/non relationship has affected me - esp. now that i'm older and have given it some deep thought - but for the most part, ithink i function in a typical fashion.

so YES, i think they exist.

So if a female is going through a divorce and her and him just agreed to split ways and not fight about anything, and she goes to the welfare office trying to get food stamps or MedicAID or something, in some states, they'll ask how much child support she's getting. Actually, in most states. And if she responds with something like 'Nah, we're not doing the whole 'custody battle' and 'Set up child support' drama. We're both responsible parents and we split our time with our children equally, so no one's paying anyone child support,' they'll hit her with the 'Well then you don't need food stamps or welfare or MedicAID or anything, so get back to us when someone starts paying someone else for child support.'

Wow.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

So if a female is going through a divorce and her and him just agreed to split ways and not fight about anything, and she goes to the welfare office trying to get food stamps or MedicAID or something, in some states, they'll ask how much child support she's getting. Actually, in most states. And if she responds with something like 'Nah, we're not doing the whole 'custody battle' and 'Set up child support' drama. We're both responsible parents and we split our time with our children equally, so no one's paying anyone child support,' they'll hit her with the 'Well then you don't need food stamps or welfare or MedicAID or anything, so get back to us when someone starts paying someone else for child support.'

Wow.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Talk to me.

Seems like EVERY SINGLE CASE of divorce includes one (or more) of the following):
- parents fighting each other in court for custody
- parents fighting each other in court for certain possessions
- parents fighting in court over financial responsibilities
- kids develop personality disorders (turn emo, develop anger problems, develop behavioral problems they didn't have before the divorce)
- eventually, step-parents enter the scene and the kids don't like the step-parents
- problems in school for the kids

Have any of you been through/had parents that have been through a PEACEFUL, CIVIL divorce? Do any of you KNOW anyone who has? I mean, sure it's possible for to people to just say 'I know you're a great parent, and you know I'm a great parent, but we're just not right for each other. Let's just call it quits, but without any drama and without any court fights. You go your way, I'll go mine.'

Sure, that's possible... but... WHY THE HECK DOES IT NEVER HAPPEN?!
laugh.gif

At least not from what I've seen, and I'm generally pretty observant.

Surely I missed a few examples where everything turned out fine.

Right?
Any one of the examples you gave can turn out fine. Getting a divorce usually is not a happy time for people, especially with kids involved. Oneof the reasons being that change can lead to fear and fear leads to anger, anxiety etc.

But that doesnt mean things cant turn out good. I know adults who came from divorced families who are well adjusted and people with kids who are divorced andthe kids are well adjusted.

I think people need to go into marriage knowing that divorce is a very real possibility and plan accordingly in terms of dividing assets

as far as the kids go....thats another story

Back
Top Bottom