Disney's First African American Princess...

^^ I will have to agree.

Look it up in Google.
Chicks is a medium skin black chick with hair.
Not white in the least.

Looks like Miriam from the Prince of Egypt
smh.gif

Originally Posted by AirThompson

Wow, Disney took forever to do this! How much you wanna bet its gonna be a white lady speaking for her.

I bet a million gazillion dollars it won't.

In February 2007, it was reported that Jennifer Hudson and Anika Noni Rose were top contenders for the voice of the princess, and that Alicia Keys directly contacted Disney's studio chief %$%$ Cook, telling him that she wanted the role very much.[16] It was later revealed that Tyra Banks was considered for the role as well.[17] On April 19, 2007, it was confirmed that Anika Noni Rose would be voicing Princess Tiana.[18] On July 5, 2007, it was reported that Keith David would be doing the voice of Dr. Facilier, the villain of the film.[19]
Wikipedia

Anika%20Noni%20Rose-SGS-005874.jpg

She's the same girl that played in Dreamgirls.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

the one time Disney makes a movie with African American characters, it has to be about black magic
indifferent.gif
I guess you'd rather have talking lions, mermaids, a boy puppet made of wood, a beast who can talk, genies in a magic lamp, glass slippers and carriages made of pumpkins.
well.. yes. all the other movies had creative stories and such. but of course, the one with the black princess has to be about voodoo spells. andby watching the trailor it looks like she's gonna be a frog for the majority of the movie. might as well say its Disney's first frog princess insteadof first African American princess
laugh.gif

it isn't until there is a thread about race until I remember how oversensitive some of you gals can be on here

Originally Posted by vctry20

it isn't until there is a thread about race until I remember how oversensitive some of you gals can be on here

Truth. I mean, it's fine being skeptical but let's just watch the damn movie then judge later. Stop reaching for crap that isn't there (yet).

technically haven't the only princesses in America so far been Pocahontas and this chick?

I don't think they specify in the other movies

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Niceeee....

Pictured is the poster to Disney's�The Princess and the Frog, which will feature the first African-American princess. Here is a summation of the movie:

"A musical set in the legendary birthplace of jazz - New Orleans - The Princess and the Frog will introduce the newest Disney princess, Tiana (voiced by Anika Noni Rose), a young African-American girl living amid the charming elegance and grandeur of the fabled French Quarter. From the heart of Louisiana's mystical bayous and the banks of the mighty Mississippi comes an unforgettable tale of love, enchantment and discovery with a soulful singing crocodile, voodoo spells and Cajun charm at every turn."

In addition to Anika Noni Rose (as Princess Tiana), the movie will also feature the voices of Oprah Winfrey, Keith David, Jim Cummings, John Goodman, Jenifer Lewis, Bruno Campos, Michael-Leon Wooley, Peter Bartlett and Terrence Howard. The film will debut in theaters in New York and LA on November 25th before expanding wide on December 11th.

I'm definitely feeling this movie because it looks interesting (speaking from the point of view of an artist) and it's very progressive (imo). Now I know Disney and Warner Bros. have a history of illustrating characters that exude strong stereotypes, so I cant help but be a bit wary in this regard. In the long run though, though I have yet to see this movie, I can tell that it will be a CLASSIC and I def. look forward to seeing the smiles on the face of young African American children (specifically girls).

Good job Disney

"Whats going on Princess Tiana, Mayne?"
LOL
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Disney has been around forever and now they think its time to have a black princess....
smh.gif

Next its gonna be a Mexican princess

Originally Posted by Sidetrakkd

Disney has been around forever and now they think its time to have a black princess....
smh.gif
yeah because Disney puts out a princess movie like once a year right? the last one I can remember is Mulan and that %@%$ had to at least be 10years ago
Wasn't Simba's girl African American??

last time a checked she was a lion

Back
Top Bottom