DISNEYLAND/DISNEYWORLD APPRECIATION!!! PUT IN UR ORDER FOR AN NT DISNEY SPIRIT JERSEY NOW!!!

This is on the city. This goes back to when they started messing with Disney’s original eastern gateway plans and Disney was forced to rework its plans.

I’m glad they’ve cancelled the hotel to be honest because the location in my opinion was terrible. It looked shoehorned in especially next to the Disneyland hotel.

And what price point was they even going for
Grand Californian suppose to be the “expensive” hotel
But they wanted to build another to be more expensive???
I don’t think it woulda been successful
I bet the restaurant they connected to it
Woulda been Michelin star’d Though

i don't think they'll expand anytime soon or at all to be honest, they have a lot already planned and mostly inside the parks

after star wars they are going to do marvel land in bugs land (which has no motion right now because they have issues with the right capacity/efficiency) and then they're going to renovate tomorrowland or fantasy land

reports are saying everything in tomorrowland are open to be replaced outside of space mountain but the best bet for renovation is likely fantasyland because they want to capitalize on their IPs and it's all about IPs like frozen and tangled and other princess properties, they can make

as for the hotel, i think it was going to be on par with grand californian but disney wasn't happy with the design as it had no theme so they can fund it themselves and might just waiting to redesign

they do need the hotel/accommodation for star wars land just like they need more parking

I saw somewhere they plan on using the empty space behind gotg to expand in that direction, it was in the first concepts, though

i don't think it is keeping small kiddy rides because the delay is that their planned rides aren't efficient so it's got to be something big i assume because I don't think those kiddy rides has efficiency issues

plus that is a lot of lost opportunities for them, one of the marvel rides from the other parks might make it in there like IronMan and/or another indoor ride

they only really need two big attractions in there and i think they can make it fit

with the closure of bugsland though, it annoys me that i have to go around from GotG to the Carsland/Pier now, they should leave a pathway open as a shortcut while they decide what to put in there/start construction

i don't think it is keeping small kiddy rides because the delay is that their planned rides aren't efficient so it's got to be something big i assume because I don't think those kiddy rides has efficiency issues

plus that is a lot of lost opportunities for them, one of the marvel rides from the other parks might make it in there like IronMan and/or another indoor ride

they only really need two big attractions in there and i think they can make it fit

with the closure of bugsland though, it annoys me that i have to go around from GotG to the Carsland/Pier now, they should leave a pathway open as a shortcut while they decide what to put in there/start construction
Well I mean they probably at least using the time to tear it down
Haven’t been since may
so don't know what it’s looking like now
ALSO
When’s the next lil foodie thinnot the food and wine festival
But u know how they randomly
have the booths set up In dca
With food and stuff
They doing one for Christmas??? :nerd:

It is, but its employee parking, too, I think. Theres plenty of space there, you know how much Disney loves its employees.
disneyland-resort-seen-from-the-helicopter-may-2008-big.jpg

Yeah that parking lot is going to be demolished for Marvel land. Sorry, employees.

i think i got it wrong when food and wine is, i think thats in the spring now and november onwards is the festival of holidays where they also have diferent food booths from different countries/religion

i am not sure how old that pic is but i don't think the parking lot is that big (not anymore at least) and it doesn't look like carslands there yet? i thinkt hey cut that parking lot for the racers

i think marvel land will pretty much be the part i outlined in red, two big attraction could fit in there

they can expand to the parking lot (blue outline) if they want a third ride or they need a bigger space for that attraction but not necessary and they'll have to fix and decorate the back of GotG as the back of that is pretty bare and its very visible from that side, when i used to run the half marathon they would route us back there

dca.png

here's a better illustration i found online
DY0yd5oW0AAA2o-.jpg:large

also that hollywood backlot is a waste of space right now, too bad hyperions in between it or else they could really expand that way and they wouldn't even have to touch that parking lot at all

It was an old *** pic, lol, but I was in a hurry to get the kids from school. Those pictures you posted were what I was thinking, thanks!

I love it, have fun! The wife wanted to do the incredibles, too. I wanted to be thanos, but she ain't havin it.

Booked out a week at the Disneyland Hotel with the family.

Be there in January, now it’s time to play the waiting game. By far the worst part.

looks like it is official, disney isn't building a hotel anymore, kind of sucks for those that closed though

Plans for a luxury hotel at Downtown Disney in Anaheim are dead, and the area will remain focused on shopping, dining and entertainment, Walt Disney Co. officials announced Wednesday.

Disney officials said they’re looking to bring back food and entertainment venues to the shuttered storefronts of that part of Downtown Disney now that the hotel isn’t going forward, but no immediate details were available. Earl of Sandwich, a popular restaurant, recently reopened.

Disneyland Cancels Luxury Hotel Plans

Disney officials informed Anaheim Wednesday that they have canceled plans for a 700-room luxury hotel at Disneyland Resort in light of the city's decision to scrub tax-incentive deals for the project.

Disney spokeswoman Lisa Haines told the Los Angeles Times that while the cancellation of the project "is disappointing for many, the conditions and agreements that stimulated this investment in Anaheim no longer exist and we must therefore adjust our long-term investment strategy."

The tax deals were originally meant to spur Disney to build the luxury hotel at the resort and spend millions to expand the company's two theme parks. Construction was scheduled to start this summer, but it was put on hold over details on the development.

The hotel was expected to open in 2021 and be the company's fourth at the Disneyland Resort.

"I can't imagine a better piece of property for a hotel in the entire country," Mayor Tom Tait said Wednesday. "And Disney should be able to do it with their own money and not ours."

Tait added, "If a hotel doesn't make sense, maybe they've got something better in mind, or even more profitable."

Tait said state law prevented the city from providing tax subsidies for the project after Disney moved it from a parking lot to another location within Downtown Disney.

"They got the agreement passed with the old council and state law requires a jobs analysis before giving money from a city, and that jobs analysis then was starting at zero because it was going to be on a parking lot and now they've moved it," Tait said.

The more recent project would "take out 130,000 square feet of retail space and 450 jobs," Tait said.

"And you can imagine if those 450 people knew about this when they asked for that agreement they would all show up at City Hall demanding why would we be giving incentives to take their job away," Tait said.

At Tuesday night's council meeting, the city attorney announced that Anaheim had determined that Measure L, which seeks to raise the minimum wage in the city to $15 per hour for workers at projects subsidized by tax breaks, did not apply to Disneyland because it no longer had the incentive agreements with the city.

Measure L was drafted to target Disneyland Resort, but the company has since come to an agreement to raise wages for most of its employees.

Back
Top Bottom