DISNEY Classics Live-Action Remakes - The Little Mermaid opens 05/26/23

Best part of the OG Dumbo were the racist caricature crows. I doubt they're in this. Dumbo was always garbage to me. Elephant that flies, FOH. Carpet could outrace that ho *** elephant any day of the week.

Aladdin looks like it’s following suit with being trash. Lion King could **** around and be bad too.

Lion King and Aladdin has that millennial appeal because they’re both flicks that originally released in 90s. Dumbo is 60-70 years old. End of the day, Disney isn’t trippin about taking the small financial loss with these remakes, especially since their golden goose (MCU) is about to lay another golden egg next month.

Disney is so strong right now, execs probably in meetings with the mindset of these flops being content for Disney+ down the line.

Na. Racist birds were not in it.
He ain’t even chill with his homie the mouse :smh:

Na Lion King will deliver. Jon Favreu will deliver.

its not "exactly" a cinderella movie...

Plot details are being kept in a shoebox, but the story is described as a modern reimagining of the traditional tale of the orphaned girl with an evil stepmother, with a musical bent thrown in for good measure.

a lot of people :lol: myself included, maybe not dumbo (i found the og boring as it is) or maleficent and probably not bambi but beuty, jb, aladdin and lion king for sure, waiting for mulan and little mermaid too

its all about nostalgia and if hollywoods running out of ideas/original ips, then remake these old classics and it pretty much writes itself and make loads of $$$

i mean

beauty & the beast - $1.26b
jungle book - $966m
maleficent - $760m
cinderella - $544m

lion king is going to easily surpass jungle book and likely aladdins gon hit that billi mark too

Whats WILD is that i was watching 12 Strong and i thought the lead terrorist guy SHOULD be playing Jafar.

I looked up that actor and hes actally in Alladin as another character

MV5BNDRkYjBhMDYtMDhiMi00MTIxLTg1YWEtNTlmYmVkZDUyODY3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjM2MTczMjQ@._V1_.jpg

The latest Aladdin trailer from a few weeks ago was way better than the first. It looks tolerable :lol:.

Lion King tho.... I am READY.

Back
Top Bottom