*****Discussion for ambitious college students (warning: might be thought-provoking)*****

Russ_tha_G please check your PM box my man
pimp.gif

Lastly, thank you everyone for your comments in this thread
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

I think a powerful tool in getting jobs is having a good looking resumé. That is, have good stuff to put on it, of course, but also format it well.

To be truly blunt, if you're not going to be competitive in school or in the job acquisition process, there is a high likelihood that you will just get left behind or left in an unsatisfactory position. I'm not trying to be discouraging, but you need to look outside of just your particular class room and school. There are A LOT of competitive students/people out there--I'm one of them, now.
You have no idea just how far these two things will get you. As a senior also I honestly believe that one of the things that will help me get ajob is that my resume is very unique. If you can alot of leadership and volunteer opportunities to your resume than it really makes it stand out. Quite franklyanyone can get a 3.5 to 4.0, but it's what you do outside of the classroom. Grades just don't cut it anymore.

If you think it's too hard to get a job, you'll never get anywhere with it. I've worked my @$* off these past three and a half years and in May Irefuse to not know what the next step of my life entails. If you work hard for the positions that you want andd work hard to separate yourself from othercandidates than you should do fine. I am in one of the largest majors at my school and I can guarantee you that nobody has the exact same experiences I have,and that's what will make me stand out.

[h3][/h3]
warning: might be thought-provoking
laugh.gif

You do know how hard it is to start a business right? And you point out that the economy is getting worse...don't you think that's going to make iteven more difficult?

Back
Top Bottom