Discipline or Child Abuse? Vol. Boxing Your Son

When all my boys were out egging houses, stealing cars and doing all the dumb **** they were doing when we were teens I never involved myself in that ****. First thing that would come to my head was, my dad will beat my *** if he catch me doing some **** like that. We had the talks, the one on one's but my fear for them hands kept my **** all the way together. But he would never do no **** like in the video, no face shots or no bloody *** face. Actually he never even had to lay a finger on me. 2 of my cousins got caught selling weed back in the 90s and what he did to them never left my memory :lol:
Exactly. You didn't involve yourself in those activities because you were scared of getting your *** beat. Fear shouldn't be the prime motivator for kids to stay on the right path.
Physical punishment teaches fear, not morality.

Exactly. You didn't involve yourself in those activities because you were scared of getting your *** beat. Fear shouldn't be the prime motivator for kids to stay on the right path.
Physical punishment teaches fear, not morality.

That's not absolute. Morality is a grey area anyway. Physical punishment can teach you consequences.

Usually I am impressed by the boxing skills of random people scrapping but I didn't like this video at all. Don't agree with this brand of punishment.

I 100% support both the lesson and the means of teaching.

Father didn't get carried away and didn't go overboard, deliberately kept his composure all  while disciplining his son for behavior and teaching him a life skill at the same time. Then again I boxed as a kid so its possible I see this differently. 

You can start leaking from your nose like that playing dodge ball, but people gonna see all that blood and scared for the kid. 

I don't condone the humiliation what so ever, making this a public matter, putting it on the internet with the intention of showing his peers. Thats not it at all. 

Last edited:
I don't agree with some of y'all saying his pops gave him a "fair one". This is not a 17 yr old Floyd Mayweather going against senior, skill and technique wise. This video would not of been posted if the kid had the ability to make pops go night night ***** Pops knew exactly what he was doing and that's what makes it that much more disturbing.

It's strange to me that so many people find the public humiliation aspect more objectionable than the fact that this guy is BOXING HIS SON

It's strange to me that so many people find the public humiliation aspect more objectionable than the fact that this guy is BOXING HIS SON
There's something to be said about how truly bad it is to be humiliated in front of potential millions as opposed to one act of violence behind closed doors.

Especially in this show everything to everybody internet age for a teenager. It's how many of us are mentally built on a social level.

The kid could go to school the next day and say he got in a fight with somebody, beat them and be able to avoid the shame. Not with video proof though.

Last edited:
Yea seriously, the mental humiliation will trump the physical humiliation Always.

It's a shame that more people don't look or think about better ways to raise their kids. Then they wonder why the youth is always getting involved in fights and $%&= on youtube/worldstar

I don't agree with some of y'all saying his pops gave him a "fair one". This is not a 17 yr old Floyd Mayweather going against senior, skill and technique wise. This video would not of been posted if the kid had the ability to make pops go night night ***** Pops knew exactly what he was doing and that's what makes it that much more disturbing.

Speaking of Floyd, I wouldn't be surprised if Senior did something similar when he was growing up

If you are gonna discipline a child like that using boxing, make him wear headgear and a mouthguard and dont be an idiot and post on social media. I guarantee charges are forthcoming.

This.
I have no problems with a dad disciplining his son through boxing/self defense.
But throwing straights to the face with no headgear or mouthpiece. Naw man, body blows only.
& then you post it on social media. :lol:

What if the son had somehow gained an advantage in the moment and struck his father down? Would that be considered disrespectful or fair game, considering the engagement of fisticuffs?

Father didn't get carried away and didn't go overboard, deliberately kept his composure all  while disciplining his son for behavior and teaching him a life skill at the same time. Then again I boxed as a kid so its possible I see this differently. 

You can start leaking from your nose like that playing dodge ball, but people gonna see all that blood and scared for the kid. 

I don't condone the humiliation what so ever, making this a public matter, putting it on the internet with the intention of showing his peers. Thats not it at all. 
laugh.gif
 Come on Oakland. DodgeBall man? Seriously? 

He didn't go overboard, did you see the blood?

I did find this funny, that the news station referred to him as Taye Diggs LOL - Va. father in trouble with authorities after posting discipline video of him boxing son | WTTG http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-news/134096077-story

Teaching your kid self defense is one thing, but beating blood out of your kid for being disruptive in class? Dude was kinda trippin'...
mean.gif

...I was waiting for the Krept and Konan "Don't Waste My Time" track to start playing.

Last edited:

:lol:  Come on Oakland. DodgeBall man? Seriously? 

He didn't go overboard, did you see the blood?

I did find this funny, that the news station referred to him as Taye Diggs LOL - Va. father in trouble with authorities after posting discipline video of him boxing son | WTTG http://www.fox5dc.com/news/local-news/134096077-story

Seriously man. Blood out the nose isn't am indicator of force. You can start leaking out the nose from minimal contact.

I'll retract my statement and withhold judgement, He may or may not have gone too far, but my point was people are gonna see all that blood and get squeamish when for me, the blood isn't an sign things got out of hand when the video is right there to see.

If your spar with someone there's a chance you'll get hit in the nose and you will bleed. Doesn't mean anyone got their *** whooped.

Last edited:
Have fun explaining that logic (while true) to law enforcement after you posted the bloody video on the internets

So you think there is a correlation to how well a parent is educated/pushes education and spanking frequency?

So you think there is a correlation to how well a parent is educated/pushes education and spanking frequency?
I haven't done any research about such a correlation but I would assume that to be correct.

There is a large amount of studies stating physical punishment is by all means a horrible parenting technique.

So with that in mind, I'm not sure how it's still so common for parents to do so. So I would assume a lack of education is the problem. 

Last edited:
Dude shouldn't have hit his son. If education was valued in this family this would have never happened, word to a certain NTer.

His son thought he was a tough guy disrespecting the teacher. Kid is 17 yrs old.

His father pulled his card. Guarantee he wont disrespect a teacher again.

Last edited:
Dude shouldn't have posted video.

Dude shouldn't have hit his son. If education was valued in this family this would have never happened, word to a certain NTer.

I don't think if education has anything to do with it.

Most of good parenting comes from common sense. I don't think there has been any point in my wife's life where she's looked at our daughter, after her doing something wrong, and thought they needed to square up.

There is no rationalizing this. It's abuse.

Back
Top Bottom