DIRECT TV VS. Dish Network

so i just moved into my new spot in Vegas and went ahead and went with cox for now but they seem to be shafting me! they want 23 bucks for a hd dvr and 11bucks for a regular hd box. so i was wondering between the two satellite companies which one is the best. pros and cons of both and experiences. thanks

I have dish and hate it
smh.gif

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Satellite sucks.
i gotta agree. I mean there are alot of channels on satelite and a few i want that I cant get except on satelite(setanta sports via direct tv) butthe weather was always messing with my reception when i had satelite.

I've had directv the last 5 years now and i like it. If you get your dish installed nowadays they have devices now that gets you the best signal withoutmuch effort on there part. Before when i got my original dish installed they had to turn all the tv's on that were being hooked up and turn the volume upand align the satellite dish by hand and go by the sound the signal makes while they move the dish. But when i got my HD dish installed dude had some tool anddid it in a couple minutes. I've had my new dish over a year now and haven't lost the signal once yet.

Dont get satellite. I have Directv and absolutely hate it. The picture gets pixelated(??) at times and the system always wants to reboot at random times. Plusits a contract.

Stick with your local provider.

Too much of a hassle when you have problems with them.

I've had Directv for 2 years and I love it. I went with them because their HD is unmatched.

I'm so happy I'm done w. DirecTV....

good luck getting reception in heavy rain or high winds...

DirecTV I've had it since 98 and I'm never messing w/ cable again. Plus they are still the only one w/ NFL Sunday ticket.

I just got Direct TV like 2 days its ok so far. The way the channels are lined up is alittle stupid. You cant watch your DVR show on all TV's just your DVRTV. price was good $54.00 a month for 200 channels on 3 tvs 1 DVR

Ive had both, currently have DirecTV. No major differences, either one is good enough.

DirectTv is cool. I've had it for a while and have no complaints plus it's the only company who carries NFL sunday ticket. If you get cable be preparedto get charged rape prices, especially comcast and comcast sucks.

Back
Top Bottom