Differences between Accounting and Finance Majors/Careers?

Originally Posted by SneakerFr

who is more likely to make more money? Accounting major or finance major?
generally speaking, i would say a finance major. (think wall street investment bankers)

generally speaking, i would say a finance major. (think wall street investment bankers)

nerd.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by smallBALL5

This maybe true, but accountants have a safer route when it comes to getting a job and making money. I wish anybody luck trying to get a job on wall street as an investment banker if you're not currently attending an Ivy league or top business school.

Both go hand in hand, and you could technically double major in both.

IMO accounting > finance when it comes to making money. Just my opinion though.

This maybe true, but accountants have a safer route when it comes to getting a job and making money. I wish anybody luck trying to get a job on wall street as an investment banker if you're not currently attending an Ivy league or top business school.

Originally Posted by bC

I more or less agree with you. In finance you have the potential to make ridiculous amounts of money (if youre good) but its tough getting in the industry. Whereas accounting there's not obscene amounts of money to be made but barriers to entry to get into accounting type jobs arent as high and demand for accountants is higher.

Originally Posted by bC

I more or less agree with you. In finance you have the potential to make ridiculous amounts of money (if youre good) but its tough getting in the industry. Whereas accounting there's not obscene amounts of money to be made but barriers to entry to get into accounting type jobs arent as high and demand for accountants is higher.

I feel like you have the potential to do so much more in finance - be a difference maker.  

I feel like you have the potential to do so much more in finance - be a difference maker.  

Originally Posted by bC

thanks for the feedback. accounting it is!!

Originally Posted by bC

thanks for the feedback. accounting it is!!

Back
Top Bottom