Did "SMH" originate on NT? Vol. Damn, It's Everywhere Now...

We're the BASF of forums: We don't start a lot of the internet trends you see. We make a lot of the internet trends you see better.

We're the BASF of forums: We don't start a lot of the internet trends you see. We make a lot of the internet trends you see better.

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

I guess this is quite fair to say...I've just never heard SMH used at all (other than NT) till this year.

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

I guess this is quite fair to say...I've just never heard SMH used at all (other than NT) till this year.

First I ever saw it was *!!+#%!$ many moons ago. Not saying it sprung from there, though.

Edit: Lol @ NeighborHoodTalk being censored.

First I ever saw it was *!!+#%!$ many moons ago. Not saying it sprung from there, though.

Edit: Lol @ NeighborHoodTalk being censored.

Originally Posted by ALDY

As far as SMH..
I don't think that it Originated from NT..

But NT as a Internet Community / Message Board, we sure do "support" & "use" certain terms that NON NT Members aren't used to.

For Example..
"Stone Face"
"NO H.O.M.O"
"Dat Mass"
"Pedo"
"SMH"
Etc..

After awhile I noticed other people outside of NT using these terms.. Due to Tumblr, Blogs, Facebook, Etc.

They just eventually catch on..

But as far as Originators go..
Here's what I believe WE as a Community Created.
(Feel Free to add more. I'm sure I'm missing a lot)

YNS - NT Copyright.
STONE FACE - NT Copyright.
TapTapPull - NT Copyright.
Whip It Out (No karamo) - NT Copyright.

bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

ive definately seen these terms as well as "pics?" outside of nt.  most of which were being used before they came to NT.  all we got is tap tap pull
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by ALDY

As far as SMH..
I don't think that it Originated from NT..

But NT as a Internet Community / Message Board, we sure do "support" & "use" certain terms that NON NT Members aren't used to.

For Example..
"Stone Face"
"NO H.O.M.O"
"Dat Mass"
"Pedo"
"SMH"
Etc..

After awhile I noticed other people outside of NT using these terms.. Due to Tumblr, Blogs, Facebook, Etc.

They just eventually catch on..

But as far as Originators go..
Here's what I believe WE as a Community Created.
(Feel Free to add more. I'm sure I'm missing a lot)

YNS - NT Copyright.
STONE FACE - NT Copyright.
TapTapPull - NT Copyright.
Whip It Out (No karamo) - NT Copyright.

bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

ive definately seen these terms as well as "pics?" outside of nt.  most of which were being used before they came to NT.  all we got is tap tap pull
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

You must be young. That started on aol messenger.
Congrats, you must be old.

I've had AIM for about 10 years now, haven't heard it used once...Maybe it was used earlier?

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

You must be young. That started on aol messenger.
Congrats, you must be old.

I've had AIM for about 10 years now, haven't heard it used once...Maybe it was used earlier?

Dudes are quick to discredit nt like they have tabs on internet circulation. Im sure a few things started here.

Dudes are quick to discredit nt like they have tabs on internet circulation. Im sure a few things started here.

Back
Top Bottom