Did Jay Cutler quit on his team??? vol. NFL Players Think So

Me posting a single picture of him doing what you say he wasn't is thesame as you seeing a total of 45 seconds of footage of him on thesideline alone, no?
That's what that was.

Political correctness. Absolutely. It's unfathomable that it could have been genuine support, right? Brian Urlacher himself called the dude a vagina when he got there. I guess he wasn't concerned about the Bears' image or giving a trite response then.

You have typed more about Cutler in this thread than I ever have, and most of it has been repetitive.
laugh.gif

You know what has been mostly lost in all of this? Ignore the fact that nobody would have let him: why the !+%* would you want a dude with a legitimate knee injury out there playing? Does anyone think the Bears would have had a good chance with him unable to do anything effectively? Philip Rivers' numbers in that game he played through: 19-37, 211 yards, 0 touchdowns, 2 interceptions, 5.7 yards per.

Dude, 150 word maximum on the reply. Please.
laugh.gif

Me posting a single picture of him doing what you say he wasn't is thesame as you seeing a total of 45 seconds of footage of him on thesideline alone, no?
That's what that was.

Political correctness. Absolutely. It's unfathomable that it could have been genuine support, right? Brian Urlacher himself called the dude a vagina when he got there. I guess he wasn't concerned about the Bears' image or giving a trite response then.

You have typed more about Cutler in this thread than I ever have, and most of it has been repetitive.
laugh.gif

You know what has been mostly lost in all of this? Ignore the fact that nobody would have let him: why the !+%* would you want a dude with a legitimate knee injury out there playing? Does anyone think the Bears would have had a good chance with him unable to do anything effectively? Philip Rivers' numbers in that game he played through: 19-37, 211 yards, 0 touchdowns, 2 interceptions, 5.7 yards per.

Dude, 150 word maximum on the reply. Please.
laugh.gif

i would like to know why backups suck so much in the nfl. for goodness this is the pro level, todd collins has 16 years experience and he was some major trash

i would like to know why backups suck so much in the nfl. for goodness this is the pro level, todd collins has 16 years experience and he was some major trash

^ I was hoping for a good, strong argument but I've overestimated you. I guess you simply refuse the see the truth about Jay Cutler. 
I see you also twisted my words to fit your rebuttal rather conveniently, which is what people tend to do when they've realized they're proven wrong, as opposed to actually addressing the points mentioned. Let me clarify for you, Kevin. Political correctness was the term I used to address Urlacher, Smith, and Kreutz's post-game comments directly. NOT the picture with Collins and Cutler. And wouldn't you agree Urlacher's initial comments when Cutler first arrived in Chicago were based on Jay's poor/negative reputation around the league? Especially after that mess of a situation in Denver he primarily created. 

The point of repetition is to drill it in your head. We ALL want to see more urgency and desire out of Cutler with or without the injury. Keeping the knee injury in mind, everyone within the Chicago Bears organization had to know that Todd Collins' level of preparation was inadequate and it clearly showed. Caleb Hanie threw 7 TOTAL PASSES the entire regular season and you expect to thrust a third-stringer into the fourth quarter of the NFC Championship against Raji, Matthews, Woodson, Williams, and Collins? You tell me who has the better chance to succeed given the circumstances.

Don't "tear" a MCL on your knees nursing Jay back to health 
wink.gif

^ I was hoping for a good, strong argument but I've overestimated you. I guess you simply refuse the see the truth about Jay Cutler. 
I see you also twisted my words to fit your rebuttal rather conveniently, which is what people tend to do when they've realized they're proven wrong, as opposed to actually addressing the points mentioned. Let me clarify for you, Kevin. Political correctness was the term I used to address Urlacher, Smith, and Kreutz's post-game comments directly. NOT the picture with Collins and Cutler. And wouldn't you agree Urlacher's initial comments when Cutler first arrived in Chicago were based on Jay's poor/negative reputation around the league? Especially after that mess of a situation in Denver he primarily created. 

The point of repetition is to drill it in your head. We ALL want to see more urgency and desire out of Cutler with or without the injury. Keeping the knee injury in mind, everyone within the Chicago Bears organization had to know that Todd Collins' level of preparation was inadequate and it clearly showed. Caleb Hanie threw 7 TOTAL PASSES the entire regular season and you expect to thrust a third-stringer into the fourth quarter of the NFC Championship against Raji, Matthews, Woodson, Williams, and Collins? You tell me who has the better chance to succeed given the circumstances.

Don't "tear" a MCL on your knees nursing Jay back to health 
wink.gif

I see you also twisted my words to fit your rebuttal ratherconveniently, which is what people tend to do when they've realizedthey're proven wrong, as opposed to actually addressing the pointsmentioned. Let me clarify for you, Kevin. Political correctness was theterm I used to address Urlacher, Smith, and Kreutz's post-game commentsdirectly. NOT the picture with Collins and Cutler.
What? What gave you the idea that that's what I meant...?
And wouldn't you agree Urlacher's initial comments when Cutler firstarrived in Chicago were based on Jay's poor/negative reputation aroundthe league? Especially after that mess of a situation in Denver heprimarily created.
Shouldn't he have wanted to be "politically correct" in welcoming Cutler, like he apparently was yesterday in defending him? What I'm saying is, you have no idea what his intentions were. Or Kruetz'. Or whomever's. They might have been genuine; they might have not.
You tell me who has the better chance to succeed given the circumstances.
It's hard to say. But let us consider what Hanie, a certified mystery, did, and what Rivers, one of the best in the league, did. Knowing what I know now, maybe the one without the torn knee ligament.

I see you also twisted my words to fit your rebuttal ratherconveniently, which is what people tend to do when they've realizedthey're proven wrong, as opposed to actually addressing the pointsmentioned. Let me clarify for you, Kevin. Political correctness was theterm I used to address Urlacher, Smith, and Kreutz's post-game commentsdirectly. NOT the picture with Collins and Cutler.
What? What gave you the idea that that's what I meant...?
And wouldn't you agree Urlacher's initial comments when Cutler firstarrived in Chicago were based on Jay's poor/negative reputation aroundthe league? Especially after that mess of a situation in Denver heprimarily created.
Shouldn't he have wanted to be "politically correct" in welcoming Cutler, like he apparently was yesterday in defending him? What I'm saying is, you have no idea what his intentions were. Or Kruetz'. Or whomever's. They might have been genuine; they might have not.
You tell me who has the better chance to succeed given the circumstances.
It's hard to say. But let us consider what Hanie, a certified mystery, did, and what Rivers, one of the best in the league, did. Knowing what I know now, maybe the one without the torn knee ligament.

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

I wrote this whole essay on why I said Perception = Reality, but Yuku blew me up. Basically, I've learned in life, peoples perception's of what actually is true overrides the actual truth. If you're convicted in the court of public opinion, your guilt/innocence doesn't matter to anyone but yourself. You can sit back and say you don't care what people think, but then you have to deal with the consequences (i.e. criticism from your peers). Jay's behavior yesterday led many people to believe he's charmin, it really don't matter what he actually is, at least until he proves otherwise.

I'm not questioning his injury at all. I'm sure he was hurt, but my opinion is irrelevant in the equation.
I can agree with that. It doesn't matter what YOU are, it matters what people THINK you are. I agree.

I wrote this whole essay on why I said Perception = Reality, but Yuku blew me up. Basically, I've learned in life, peoples perception's of what actually is true overrides the actual truth. If you're convicted in the court of public opinion, your guilt/innocence doesn't matter to anyone but yourself. You can sit back and say you don't care what people think, but then you have to deal with the consequences (i.e. criticism from your peers). Jay's behavior yesterday led many people to believe he's charmin, it really don't matter what he actually is, at least until he proves otherwise.

I'm not questioning his injury at all. I'm sure he was hurt, but my opinion is irrelevant in the equation.
I can agree with that. It doesn't matter what YOU are, it matters what people THINK you are. I agree.

KLJ, you edited twice. Your initial post referenced my use of the term "political correctness" in relation to the Cutler/Collins picture although clearly my initial argument referred to Smith/Kreutz/Urlacher commenting post-game. 
I agree that genuine or not we really don't know. But comparing Cutler's arrival to Chicago before the season even starts to a NFC Championship loss to your bitter division rivals seems foolish don't you think. My point is that no matter how Urlacher and Kreutz feel personally is irrelevant, as leaders of the team they are FORCED to support their franchise QB 100%. This isn't a Milton Bradley situation where you say whatever's on your mind that pleases you. The Chicago Bears know how to handle PR and tough interview questions given the Cutler injury. 

I see your point about Hanie and Rivers, but that's one case. Big Ben has performed relatively well with somewhat serious foot and nose injuries. 

Deadset pointed out that we're going back and forth so in the interest of our friendship on NT as well as everybody else that is forced to read our debate, this will be my last post regarding this particular argument about Jay Cutler's injury. Feel free to PM me if you are moved to do so. 

KLJ, you edited twice. Your initial post referenced my use of the term "political correctness" in relation to the Cutler/Collins picture although clearly my initial argument referred to Smith/Kreutz/Urlacher commenting post-game. 
I agree that genuine or not we really don't know. But comparing Cutler's arrival to Chicago before the season even starts to a NFC Championship loss to your bitter division rivals seems foolish don't you think. My point is that no matter how Urlacher and Kreutz feel personally is irrelevant, as leaders of the team they are FORCED to support their franchise QB 100%. This isn't a Milton Bradley situation where you say whatever's on your mind that pleases you. The Chicago Bears know how to handle PR and tough interview questions given the Cutler injury. 

I see your point about Hanie and Rivers, but that's one case. Big Ben has performed relatively well with somewhat serious foot and nose injuries. 

Deadset pointed out that we're going back and forth so in the interest of our friendship on NT as well as everybody else that is forced to read our debate, this will be my last post regarding this particular argument about Jay Cutler's injury. Feel free to PM me if you are moved to do so. 

The funny thing is KLJ isn't even a Bears fan...he's a Cowboys fan. He just likes Cutler a lot.
laugh.gif

The funny thing is KLJ isn't even a Bears fan...he's a Cowboys fan. He just likes Cutler a lot.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by illmatic34

laugh.gif

He's a Cutler fan [emoji]169[/emoji]Truth

Originally Posted by illmatic34

laugh.gif

He's a Cutler fan [emoji]169[/emoji]Truth

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

I hate people that merely quote Gunna and only add "this." Jay is my dude but some of you should really consider formulating your OWN rational, informed opinions instead of simply piggybacking off another NTer's insight. I have no problem with someone agreeing with another individual's sentiments, but the least you can do is build on it or add some of your own substance to the argument/debate. 
   This. No really I agree with THIS.

I hate people that merely quote Gunna and only add "this." Jay is my dude but some of you should really consider formulating your OWN rational, informed opinions instead of simply piggybacking off another NTer's insight. I have no problem with someone agreeing with another individual's sentiments, but the least you can do is build on it or add some of your own substance to the argument/debate. 

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I can't tell whether you're being sarcastic or not, but if you are let me further reiterate the point. We live in a society where you cannot accomplish much without the approval of others. What other people think affects whether you can get a job, whether you can find a spouse, whether you can enjoy a decent social life, your family situation, and pretty much most of the enjoyable aspects of life. If society judges you as a serial killer, it doesn't matter whether you are or not, because that electric chair is going to fry your behind either way. I'm not saying people should be overly concerned with others opinions to the point where every decision they make is for the approval of others, but I figured most people realized at an early age in life that the way you are viewed by others has an impact on your success. As far as Cutler, he presented himself a certain way, and society perceived him to be a certain way. 

I once received a job evaluation where my manager said something completely false about me. When I challenged him on it, he said "Well that's the perception around the office". Even though the statement was wrong it didn't matter that it was wrong. What mattered is that everyone thought that to be the case, it was up to me to either prove them wrong or not give a damn and move on. Either way I realized that in the big scheme that everyone's perception was the reality around the office. The real truth had no bearing on the issue.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I can't tell whether you're being sarcastic or not, but if you are let me further reiterate the point. We live in a society where you cannot accomplish much without the approval of others. What other people think affects whether you can get a job, whether you can find a spouse, whether you can enjoy a decent social life, your family situation, and pretty much most of the enjoyable aspects of life. If society judges you as a serial killer, it doesn't matter whether you are or not, because that electric chair is going to fry your behind either way. I'm not saying people should be overly concerned with others opinions to the point where every decision they make is for the approval of others, but I figured most people realized at an early age in life that the way you are viewed by others has an impact on your success. As far as Cutler, he presented himself a certain way, and society perceived him to be a certain way. 

I once received a job evaluation where my manager said something completely false about me. When I challenged him on it, he said "Well that's the perception around the office". Even though the statement was wrong it didn't matter that it was wrong. What mattered is that everyone thought that to be the case, it was up to me to either prove them wrong or not give a damn and move on. Either way I realized that in the big scheme that everyone's perception was the reality around the office. The real truth had no bearing on the issue.

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

!*$* is definitely irritating, but it's the internet so I don't really care 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom