Did Boston use the 2-3 zone to stop Lebron ?

Everyone knows you need at least two franchise players on your team to compete for a championship. LeBron has done it with none. This was discussed before months ago. Not sure why the same dude that makes fun of Mo all year even includes him in his argument against the Cavs having added players and staying the same result-wise.

Everyone knows you need at least two franchise players on your team to compete for a championship. LeBron has done it with none. This was discussed before months ago. Not sure why the same dude that makes fun of Mo all year even includes him in his argument against the Cavs having added players and staying the same result-wise.

Kobe and Lebron both are VERY good. And I consider myself blessed to be able to watch both these guys. I appreciate what they are doing in/for the game of basketball. I just love the fact that we can argue this topic. Personally, when Kobe is having a great game it just feels so much more polarizing than when I have watched Lebrons great games. This could be because Kobe is contributing to my teams success, but I consider myself pretty bias when it comes to this. Take those MSG games last year for example, Kobes game just seemed so much more impressive even though LBJ had the better all around game. Even as a laker fan, I feel that LBJ is the better all around player. And I refuse to compare them until I see LBJ in the finals with a legit team. Although, I hate the argument that his teams have been awful these past 2 years. They were not awful. And almost everyone was saying how they are going to win it all or at least make the finals (myself included). I was actually looking forward to seeing the two go at it in the finals.

I just hate how a lot of you guys look to discredit Kobe and LBJ....they are both so good. I just don't see how you guys can talk negatively about either of them. Just me i guess.

Kobe and Lebron both are VERY good. And I consider myself blessed to be able to watch both these guys. I appreciate what they are doing in/for the game of basketball. I just love the fact that we can argue this topic. Personally, when Kobe is having a great game it just feels so much more polarizing than when I have watched Lebrons great games. This could be because Kobe is contributing to my teams success, but I consider myself pretty bias when it comes to this. Take those MSG games last year for example, Kobes game just seemed so much more impressive even though LBJ had the better all around game. Even as a laker fan, I feel that LBJ is the better all around player. And I refuse to compare them until I see LBJ in the finals with a legit team. Although, I hate the argument that his teams have been awful these past 2 years. They were not awful. And almost everyone was saying how they are going to win it all or at least make the finals (myself included). I was actually looking forward to seeing the two go at it in the finals.

I just hate how a lot of you guys look to discredit Kobe and LBJ....they are both so good. I just don't see how you guys can talk negatively about either of them. Just me i guess.

Who's the best player LeBron has played with?  Jamison? Z? Mo Williams? Old Shaq?

Who's the best player Kobe has played with? Prime Shaq, Odom, Gasol, Artest all are better than LeBron's #2

If LeBron plays with another all-star that is when we can truly compare the two.  Chirs Bosh/LeBron = Gasol/Kobe

Who's the best player LeBron has played with?  Jamison? Z? Mo Williams? Old Shaq?

Who's the best player Kobe has played with? Prime Shaq, Odom, Gasol, Artest all are better than LeBron's #2

If LeBron plays with another all-star that is when we can truly compare the two.  Chirs Bosh/LeBron = Gasol/Kobe

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

let's not forget kobe's tantrums and immaturity until recently that did nothing positive for his team

lebron is a lot more levelheaded, which counts for something if we want to pull intangibles out of our $%% in order to justify one player's superiority over another's.
This is not about being  immature or being level headed. Lebron may be a little too level headed at times. Maybe it's because the game comes a little bit too easy for him (and it may have always been that way since he's young).

"Will to win" and "Killer instinct" may be a overused but Lebron just doesn't have it. If you claim that he does then you're lying to yourself.

There are players on losing teams who exhibit those traits. It doesn't necessarily mean that you have to win it all on a consistent basis.

You know who Lebron reminds me of? Julius Erving. A phenom of an athlete. Also played on so so teams. Yet his biggest drawback was that he was too laid back.

let's not forget kobe's tantrums and immaturity until recently that did nothing positive for his team

lebron is a lot more levelheaded, which counts for something if we want to pull intangibles out of our $%% in order to justify one player's superiority over another's.
This is not about being  immature or being level headed. Lebron may be a little too level headed at times. Maybe it's because the game comes a little bit too easy for him (and it may have always been that way since he's young).

"Will to win" and "Killer instinct" may be a overused but Lebron just doesn't have it. If you claim that he does then you're lying to yourself.

There are players on losing teams who exhibit those traits. It doesn't necessarily mean that you have to win it all on a consistent basis.

You know who Lebron reminds me of? Julius Erving. A phenom of an athlete. Also played on so so teams. Yet his biggest drawback was that he was too laid back.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

You know who LeBron reminds me of? Nobody, because he's a freakish combination of size, strength, and athleticism unlike anyone who's ever played the game.

I've heard that killer instinct thing a million times.....about him, Dwight Howard, etc. Fact is, you can't get into someone's head, so you really don't know if he has it or not. The fact that he's been so vocal about wanting to be on a winning team, whether that's in his beloved home state or not,  shows you all you need to know.

Everyone expresses themselves differently.....you have guys like KG who scream and curse and play with their hearts on their sleeves, and you've got guys like Duncan who show almost no emotion. Guess who won more championships?

You know who LeBron reminds me of? Nobody, because he's a freakish combination of size, strength, and athleticism unlike anyone who's ever played the game.

I've heard that killer instinct thing a million times.....about him, Dwight Howard, etc. Fact is, you can't get into someone's head, so you really don't know if he has it or not. The fact that he's been so vocal about wanting to be on a winning team, whether that's in his beloved home state or not,  shows you all you need to know.

Everyone expresses themselves differently.....you have guys like KG who scream and curse and play with their hearts on their sleeves, and you've got guys like Duncan who show almost no emotion. Guess who won more championships?

Same thing was said about Wilt and Dominique (in their days; and I'm sure about others in other era's). James can be compared to others. He's not the end all be all of basketball.

Again, you're missing the point. It's not about being loud or being quite. Being immature or being levelheaded. It's about the mentality of the player.
If you don't believe that Tim Duncan had an intense mental state when it came to winning then I'd suggest that you re-watch those championship playoffs and read up on the interviews with others about Duncan's 'will to win' and how mentally intense (killer instinct, will to win, heart; whatever it's called) he was when it came to big games.

It's not about showing it or not showing it. Some people have it and others don't.  Whether you've played pick up games or organized sports then you  know some people are intense when it comes to winning/losing and others are not. It's no different at the higher levels.

Why do we need to get into anyone's head? Jordan was a mental beast on the court. Plenty of anecdotal evidence to support that. Plenty of anecdotal evidence that Bird stepped it up in high profile games and enjoyed the challenge(s) against the Lakers.

Lebron wants to play on a winning team? Who doesn't?

I loved it when the Cavs made the finals that year and all you heard was how great of a team the Cavs were and how Lebron would win a championship in the coming years. Then they fell short and now all of a sudden it's ..." Lebron didn't win because the Cavs are soooooooo bad...".

Same thing was said about Wilt and Dominique (in their days; and I'm sure about others in other era's). James can be compared to others. He's not the end all be all of basketball.

Again, you're missing the point. It's not about being loud or being quite. Being immature or being levelheaded. It's about the mentality of the player.
If you don't believe that Tim Duncan had an intense mental state when it came to winning then I'd suggest that you re-watch those championship playoffs and read up on the interviews with others about Duncan's 'will to win' and how mentally intense (killer instinct, will to win, heart; whatever it's called) he was when it came to big games.

It's not about showing it or not showing it. Some people have it and others don't.  Whether you've played pick up games or organized sports then you  know some people are intense when it comes to winning/losing and others are not. It's no different at the higher levels.

Why do we need to get into anyone's head? Jordan was a mental beast on the court. Plenty of anecdotal evidence to support that. Plenty of anecdotal evidence that Bird stepped it up in high profile games and enjoyed the challenge(s) against the Lakers.

Lebron wants to play on a winning team? Who doesn't?

I loved it when the Cavs made the finals that year and all you heard was how great of a team the Cavs were and how Lebron would win a championship in the coming years. Then they fell short and now all of a sudden it's ..." Lebron didn't win because the Cavs are soooooooo bad...".

Originally Posted by CP1708

As I said, Bron has added Mo, Shaq, and Jamison, and they stay the same, flame out in the postseason.

You throw these names around as if it means anything.  Shaq is done, Jamison is a one dimensional soft 4 who was absolutely dominated by kg, and Mo was never more than above average to begin with.  Lebron has never played with anyone close to the caliber of pau.

Originally Posted by CP1708

As I said, Bron has added Mo, Shaq, and Jamison, and they stay the same, flame out in the postseason.

You throw these names around as if it means anything.  Shaq is done, Jamison is a one dimensional soft 4 who was absolutely dominated by kg, and Mo was never more than above average to begin with.  Lebron has never played with anyone close to the caliber of pau.

^Look at how everyone on Cavs performed in the regular season versus the playoffs. I am pretty sure James is the only one who didn't regress. This is why the Cavs looked so good on paper.

I don't know how you are making all of these assumptions on LeBron's killer instinct. Its actually laughable. The man averaged 35,9, and 7 and then 29, 9, and 8 in the playoffs and all of a sudden he wilts under pressure. Lulz.

^Look at how everyone on Cavs performed in the regular season versus the playoffs. I am pretty sure James is the only one who didn't regress. This is why the Cavs looked so good on paper.

I don't know how you are making all of these assumptions on LeBron's killer instinct. Its actually laughable. The man averaged 35,9, and 7 and then 29, 9, and 8 in the playoffs and all of a sudden he wilts under pressure. Lulz.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Hey we all can't shoot 25% in the biggest game of our career and still win the game.  That takes a real killer instinct
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Hey we all can't shoot 25% in the biggest game of our career and still win the game.  That takes a real killer instinct
eyes.gif

I loved it when the Cavs made the finals that year and all you heard was how great of a team the Cavs were
Now you're just rewriting history. No sane person was talking about how great of a team the Cavs were in '07. They won 50 games in that weak Eastern Conference and only made the Finals because Lebron put on one of the greatest individual performances in playoff history, scoring 29 out of their final 30 points in the pivotal Game 5. I don't remember a single person talking about what a great TEAM the Cavs were, it was all Lebron, Lebron, Lebron. Their best players other than Bron were Z, Drew Gooden, and Donyell Marshall. If anyone was hyping up the Cavs as a TEAM, you're gonna have to show some evidence and prove me wrong on that one because that's not how I remember it at all.

I loved it when the Cavs made the finals that year and all you heard was how great of a team the Cavs were
Now you're just rewriting history. No sane person was talking about how great of a team the Cavs were in '07. They won 50 games in that weak Eastern Conference and only made the Finals because Lebron put on one of the greatest individual performances in playoff history, scoring 29 out of their final 30 points in the pivotal Game 5. I don't remember a single person talking about what a great TEAM the Cavs were, it was all Lebron, Lebron, Lebron. Their best players other than Bron were Z, Drew Gooden, and Donyell Marshall. If anyone was hyping up the Cavs as a TEAM, you're gonna have to show some evidence and prove me wrong on that one because that's not how I remember it at all.

indifferent.gif
some of the response in here say the Cavs is not a good team. How are they not a good team when they were #1 this year and also won 60 games last year ? Prop to Tom Thibodeau. Other defensive coaches need to take notes from him. Lebron is Stoppable

Back
Top Bottom