Did anyone here learn Spanish as an adult and how long did it take you?

Dont understand why spanish speakin parents never talk or teach their kids spanish smh.

i recently got an A in the spanish 100 class, online college.

we had to complete half of a unit on Rosetta Stone every week. Rosetta Stone is where it's at.

They make you speak responses and type out words. If you don't cheat you learn a lot. I learned a lot, i don't know how long it will stick though because I never speak it outside my class.

Rosetta Stone takes a long time. I spent at least 2 hours or more every week. 

Dont understand why spanish speakin parents never talk or teach their kids spanish smh.

this isn't true... except for groups of Puerto Ricans Nuyoricans :lol:

fixed.

The ones that come from the island speak it fluently

i know that, problem is their off spring refused to teach em spanish...i be lowkey offended

grandma needing a interpreter to speak to her grandkids.. :lol: :smh:

^^seen that wayy to many times :lol:

Those nuyoricans don't realize that being bilingual is a gift :lol:

When I have kids, they learning spanish b

I learned spanish working in Colombia and DR.

My ex wife is Mexican and abuela taught me everyday.

I also had an Argentinian girlfriend for a year and being around her family when I visited Buenos Aires taught me alot too.

The best method to me is total immersion.

In Colombia I had to learn quick if I wanted to take taxis and go grocery shopping and day to day tasks.

Pressure and necessities are motivation.

So I ended up learning different spanish from DR, Colombia, Mexico,Argentina

I also learned basic day to day Thai sentences and vocab the same way.

As far as software I would go Visual Links

Last edited:
this isn't true... except for groups of Puerto Ricans :lol:

Maybe i worded it wrong, but ive seen plenty parents that speak English as a first language and are very fluent in spanish and speak it, but never teach it to their children.

You got dudes lookin like this

MV5BNzYyNjIyOTU2NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODk3ODcxMw@@._V1_UY317_CR1,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

But tAlk like tHese people and cant enunciate nothin

dc1f749691926950443c48a835767bcb.jpg

this isn't true... except for groups of Puerto Ricans :lol:

Maybe i worded it wrong, but ive seen plenty parents that speak English as a first language and are very fluent in spanish and speak it, but never teach it to their children.

You got dudes lookin like this

MV5BNzYyNjIyOTU2NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODk3ODcxMw@@._V1_UY317_CR1,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

But tAlk like tHese people and cant enunciate nothin

dc1f749691926950443c48a835767bcb.jpg

i got ur point when u said it..its Short sightedness on da parents part...they must think Spanish is learned by osmosis :smh:

my kids will be dumped in DR all summer every year until they're fluent, and ill talk to em spanish in da cribs..they can learn English in school.

Back
Top Bottom