Dharun Ravi Found Guilty in Rutgers Trial

I read somewhere that the mother had more of an affect in the guy killing himself, but I guess pressure from the gay community is probably why Rahbi is getting charged. No one should be charged for someone who killed them self.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Just saw this this morning. He went over and above a prank and he's getting his just deserves. Totally exploited his roommate in the worst way and now he gets jail and deportation.

ccd265a64ad5d4e24247a1863386f8cdf5522cfb_r.jpg

Originally Posted by TomDiginson

I read somewhere that the mother had more of an affect in the guy killing himself, but I guess pressure from the gay community is probably why Rahbi is getting charged. No one should be charged for someone who killed them self.

He wasn't charged for killing him, he was charged for privacy invasion and many other things.

This is OD though, they definitely  got pressure from the gay community.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Very glad to see justice done here. Dharun is a scumbag, this New Yorker article goes through great lengths to recreate the days that led to Tyler Clementi's suicide.

(LONG read)

http://www.newyorker.com/.../06/120206fa_fact_parker
An excellent read thanks for posting.

That second plea deal was a gift that he should've accepted without hesitation. A sad story anyway you look at it.

Originally Posted by Swag Odie

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Just saw this this morning. He went over and above a prank and he's getting his just deserves. Totally exploited his roommate in the worst way and now he gets jail and deportation.
oh did I make that mistake.  *just deserts

His lawyer was the one to convience him to go to trial because they offered him such a nice plea deal, his lawyer figured they didn't have enough evidence to convict him.

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Very glad to see justice done here. Dharun is a scumbag, this New Yorker article goes through great lengths to recreate the days that led to Tyler Clementi's suicide.

(LONG read)

http://www.newyorker.com/.../06/120206fa_fact_parker
An excellent read thanks for posting.

That second plea deal was a gift that he should've accepted without hesitation. A sad story anyway you look at it.
Everyone should read this.
Halfway through the writing, this unexpectedly hilarious gem appears:

That evening, Ravi played Ultimate Frisbee (a sport that, in one online discussion of the Clementi case, was predictably described as “gayer than having sex with a dude

He's not getting charged in the dude killing himself, I don't know why you people keep repeating that. And his defense was terrible. They bought in a bunch of his dad's friends as character witnesses. All the prosecution said was, "Has he ever expressed discontent towards homosexuality too you", "why no not at all," "Have you ever talked about homosexuality with him," "no" "no further questions your honor." I don't see how his lawyer thought that would be useful.

White man is videotaped murdering an unarmed colored person by shooting him in the back= gets 2 years
White man shoots unarmed colored child and claims self-defense= not even arrested
Colored man is, at best, LOOSELY related to the death of a white man= minimum 5 years

Sounds about right.  I'm so glad we live in the Land of the Free.
happy.gif

White man is videotaped murdering an unarmed colored person by shooting him in the back= gets 2 years
White man shoots unarmed colored child and claims self-defense= not even arrested
Colored man is, at best, LOOSELY related to the death of a white man= minimum 5 years

happy.gif

goes both ways

2 white kids in Pennsylvania beat up a Mexican while calling him racial epithets, Mayor even backs them up, no charges

6 white kids scoop a black ******ed man and take him to a party to call him racial epithets then beat him unconscious and leave him in an ant pile, when finally caught, make up a story of self defense which the Police actually bought, finally 2 of them got 30 days after an appeal

Really could go on for days

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

He's not getting charged in the dude killing himself, I don't know why you people keep repeating that. And his defense was terrible. They bought in a bunch of his dad's friends as character witnesses. All the prosecution said was, "Has he ever expressed discontent towards homosexuality too you", "why no not at all," "Have you ever talked about homosexuality with him," "no" "no further questions your honor." I don't see how his lawyer thought that would be useful.

He may not be getting charged for murder but the ONLY reason why he is even in court is because dude killed himself.
Im a little undecided on this.

Honestly it just seems like an immature joke that went too far. Nobody wouldve ever thought dude wouldve killed himself from the shame...when you think about it, its not so hard to end up in that situation.

Just to relate this to NTers...late80s had her naked pics make her way through many NTers, many people which she knew personally. Im sure there was a point where she felt very ashamed of this situation...not too different from the shame that this young man felt. One situation blew up cause it resulted in someones death, but honestly very similar scenarios.

Everybody wants to act holier than thou but the way we joke about @%%+ on the internet there is very little room for many of us to judge.

Well that is her fault for not pressing charges. There is an obvious invasion of privacy there.

key word being OBVIOUS
i think a lot of you are letting your hate towards homosexuals dilute your thought process...if it was your daughter and some dude did what Ravi did you would be up in arms...this was obviously an invasion of privacy and whether Clementi killed himself or not, there should be charges bought up against him...He's old enough to know better...

Originally Posted by Regis

He may not be getting charged for murder but the ONLY reason why he is even in court is because dude killed himself.
Im a little undecided on this.

Honestly it just seems like an immature joke that went too far. Nobody wouldve ever thought dude wouldve killed himself from the shame...when you think about it, its not so hard to end up in that situation.

Just to relate this to NTers...late80s had her naked pics make her way through many NTers, many people which she knew personally. Im sure there was a point where she felt very ashamed of this situation...not too different from the shame that this young man felt. One situation blew up cause it resulted in someones death, but honestly very similar scenarios.

Everybody wants to act holier than thou but the way we joke about @%%+ on the internet there is very little room for many of us to judge.

noodz? how did I miss this

happy.gif

goes both ways

2 white kids in Pennsylvania beat up a Mexican while calling him racial epithets, Mayor even backs them up, no charges

6 white kids scoop a black ******ed man and take him to a party to call him racial epithets then beat him unconscious and leave him in an ant pile, when finally caught, make up a story of self defense which the Police actually bought, finally 2 of them got 30 days after an appeal

Really could go on for days
Basically.
5-10 years is absurd though, for recording somebody, seriously?

I'm not saying he isn't wrong for doing it, but that sentence is way too harsh. 

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

Well that is her fault for not pressing charges. There is an obvious invasion of privacy there.

key word being OBVIOUS
i think a lot of you are letting your hate towards homosexuals dilute your thought process...if it was your daughter and some dude did what Ravi did you would be up in arms...this was obviously an invasion of privacy and whether Clementi killed himself or not, there should be charges bought up against him...He's old enough to know better...
Stuff like this happen a lot, gays get outed completely, cause from my understanding he already told his family, and his older brother is gay.
If it was my child I would be mad, but rhavi is not the sole reason he killed himself.

Him being deported and put in jail with murderers isnt going to bring him back, this whole situations is sad.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

son blew trial when he could've took da plea deal....but i aint about to blame him for someone else being a idiot and killing themselves.
Basically  dude wasnt comfortable being who he was so he off himself no sympathy felt. How many of us would off ourselves because somebody taped us having sex? I'm pretty sure it's close to 0 even with all these members.

Gay or not, this is a dude who set up a web cam in your someone's room to secretly record and broadcast to others, their sexual relations, along with tormenting and publically disclosing details about their personal life on social media sites. You can take the gay and the suicide out. That is still a crime, and I bet if it were your son or daughter you wouldn't be like, "bullying, it happens."

Why wouldn't I? Like how people always try to put their thoughts on everybody. Take gay out I still believe if your comfortable with whatever your doing it's not going to be a big deal. Somebody release a sex tape on me or naked pics (which I don't have to my knowledge) im not worried about that. That's me maybe you would be upset about that but thats on you and that's how I feel. I'll even give you it's probably different for a girl.

happy.gif

Yup.

He's guilty no doubt, and he deserves to be punished, but 5-10 years and deportation for an invasion of privacy?

The writing is on the wall.

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

Why wouldn't I? Like how people always try to put their thoughts on everybody. Take gay out I still believe if your comfortable with whatever your doing it's not going to be a big deal. Somebody release a sex tape on me or naked pics (which I don't have to my knowledge) im not worried about that. That's me maybe you would be upset about that but thats on you and that's how I feel. I'll even give you it's probably different for a girl.
 Its obvious he wasnt comfortable, but that has nothing to do with the charges, ravi invaded his privacy and aired him out.
He isnt getting charged for his death he is getting charged for taping him that is against the law, but like a stated the sentence is OD

I know but dude probably doesn't kill himself if he was comfortable that's what I was trying to say. I know that wasnt what dude was charged with but this isn't as big of a deal if dude didn't kill himself and I know we can agree with that.

Back
Top Bottom