Detroit Starring John Boyega, Anthony Mackie, John Krasinski Director Kathryn Bigelow 8/4/17

I'm always amazed when I find out certain actors are British who play American roles. Fam looks like the prototypical American d-bag.

Will be watching. Love the cast.

Ahhhhhh I was wondering which may voe I remembered him from, We're The Miller's :lol:

"Racist eyebrows" :rofl:

Although what I wrote still stands, I didn't like how they structured the movie.

For a film to be called Detroit, I didn't even get the sense that it even took place in Detroit.

They quickly cover the incident that sparked the riot, which I felt they should've touched on that.

They had a brief autobiography of Larry Cleveland Reed, dude who was supposed to be in the dramatics that I felt was highly unnecessary. There was that goofy moment when Larry Reed and the rest were told to pray and whatever and this ***** starts singing like he was auditioning for a Motown deal. I was pissed.

They didn't overtly do it, but they snuck in some white savior undertones in there. Basically aside from those 3 officers, every white person was a decent human being.

Everything after the incident is pretty much a prologue and it went on too long.

All in all, not really a bad movie, just could've been structured better.

boyega was spiriting denzel in this to me

i didnt understand tho it was a cap gun when he pretend shot his friend

but then he really shot out the window w it?

boyega was spiriting denzel in this to me

i didnt understand tho it was a cap gun when he pretend shot his friend

but then he really shot out the window w it?

It was pretend both times.

-

Man I saw this movie without reading any reviews or trailers and I left the theatre speechless. I don't think you could ever be in the right frame of mind to catch this in the theatre. Crazy intense from start to finish.

Also there's nothing better than supporting art that gets white people mad. Reviews for this are ridiculous online.

Back
Top Bottom