Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Yea we gotta get familiar with beating Atheon the regular way, and I've seen a video posted in this very forum of a team beating him in 17 seconds without cheese, so it can be done, we just cheese him b/c we can, not because its easy.

While he's frozen cant the 3 people that didn't get teleported to just go HAM and take at least half, if not all of his energy before he start walking around again.

Yea I got the Epilogue, but I already had the Epilogue and its almost maxed out. All I got was shards and a dang ship.
laugh.gif

Its crazy b/c I've beat VoG over 15 times and have never got any raid armor or exotic weapon, only got the Epilogue (AR), the Found Verdict (Shotty), and they heavy machine gun. Granted that you can only beat it once a week and alot of those were in the same week, but seriously this is starting to get ridiculous.
I haven't got any armor either. All I've got is weapons. I'm hoping to get chest/boots/arms from the raid and be done with it. I'm not too keen on the helmet since I already have a maxed exotic one. 

Yea we gotta get familiar with beating Atheon the regular way, and I've seen a video posted in this very forum of a team beating him in 17 seconds without cheese, so it can be done, we just cheese him b/c we can, not because its easy.

While he's frozen cant the 3 people that didn't get teleported to just go HAM and take at least half, if not all of his energy before he start walking around again.
They can, but it's a waste of ammo and they should be dealing with the supplicants instead so the portal team doesn't get blown up by a suicide supplicant once they teleport back. Once you get the Time's Vengeance buff by clearing the oracle room and bringing portal team back you do so much more bonus damage it's better to wait for that.

They can, but it's a waste of ammo and they should be dealing with the supplicants instead so the portal team doesn't get blown up by a suicide supplicant once they teleport back. Once you get the Time's Vengeance buff by clearing the oracle room and bringing portal team back you do so much more bonus damage it's better to wait for that.

Add a Titan bubble buff of an extra 33% damage and you are putting up some serious damage. Can do 12k crits with the icebreaker I saw.

I want armor today. I'll settle for a vision of conflux but only if the chest also contains a Gjallarhorn. YES RNGesus deserves to give me that much after the ordeal from yesterday.

Honestly though, we did say we would help Tek and Lambo cheese Atheon, so if you need help from a 29 Hunter Tek I'll be down. I can be portal team. Just gotta get Warlocks to do their damn thang.

Now that most of us are all 29, I'd like to try to legit run through the raid on Hard as all 29's. I think we can do it if we play smart. It won't be a massacre like the first attempt. 
appreciate it zero. im definitely running the hard save today.

if youre in its

me

zero23

krazyblunts

marci has an honorary spot if he wants it. anybody else down to help us cheese atheon on hard?

Add a Titan bubble buff of an extra 33% damage and you are putting up some serious damage. Can do 12k crits with the icebreaker I saw.

I can't find the video, but its in this thread ..Atheon was defeated by 3 warlocks while the other team was on Mars. Someone please find the video as im at work and catch videos anyway.

Last edited:
@Biggie62 I mean why not. I am sure there is still loot left for me to get that I don't have yet
laugh.gif

@Quad that sucks, I didn't realize that you already had the weapon.

Before last night, I really hadn't gotten drops from out of the VoG either, so I'm not complaining. I already know I won't get much in the next raids and strikes moving forward after last night, lol

@Biggie62
I mean why not. I am sure there is still loot left for me to get that I don't have yet :lol:

@Quad
that sucks, I didn't realize that you already had the weapon.

Before last night, I really hadn't gotten drops from out of the VoG either, so I'm not complaining. I already know I won't get much in the next raids and strikes moving forward after last night, lol

Watch you finish out your armor set this week. If so, I hope you get motes of light in the next 5 nightfalls. :lol:

bring an attack titan with those who teleport, he can go through the portal first and spam fist of havoc to clear the supplicants

Any truth to there being 2 sets of raid armor? a "normal set" and a "hard set".. but the difficulty you're playing on doesn't matter which set you get. I say this because, my friend and I beat the raid on normal and we got 2 different Gauntlets for the Warlock.

:nerd:

Any truth to there being 2 sets of raid armor? a "normal set" and a "hard set".. but the difficulty you're playing on doesn't matter which set you get. I say this because, my friend and I beat the raid on normal and we got 2 different Gauntlets for the Warlock.

:nerd:

The stats and certain perks are random.

@Biggie62
I mean why not. I am sure there is still loot left for me to get that I don't have yet
laugh.gif

@Quad
that sucks, I didn't realize that you already had the weapon.

Watch you finish out your armor set this week. If so, I hope you get motes of light in the next 5 nightfalls.
laugh.gif
I would gladly take that exchange at this point!!!

Seems like we can do the grenade templar push off the cliff fairly simple tonight. Just need Titans to get that Arcbolt Grenade and turn on the aftershock. And Warlocks need to be sunbros and throw that solar grenade. Just keep spamming him as your grenade regens and kill the harpies that spawn around us. And DONT DIE from splash damage.

Watch you finish out your armor set this week. If so, I hope you get motes of light in the next 5 nightfalls.
laugh.gif
I mean if that happens, I won't complain, but don't you put those motes of life on me!
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
There were originally thought to be 2 sets of VoG raid gear, but there is only one that anyone knows of actually in game. The next raid is also supposed to have 2 sets as well.

I now have 2 of 3 Exotic Hand Cannons (The Last Word), just got this from a Legendary Engram. 
It's my favorite hand cannon. I'm still missing the Last Word though. Hoping to get that to drop for me at some point or Xur tomorrow. 

It's my favorite hand cannon. I'm still missing the Last Word though. Hoping to get that to drop for me at some point or Xur tomorrow. 
The Last Word I received in a raid and heard that Thorn is disappointing. Hawkmoon is my favourite also the range on it is good and so key especially in pvp. Can't wait to fully upgrade it.

Anyone down to explore the VoG? I bet there are chests that people haven't found yet. I've never even fathomed to go where this dude went. I figured since we didn't have to down Atheon we could explore. Then head to Gatekeeper and knock that out quick.

Did dude is this video just go thru the Vault door without even protecting the synch plates from the vex? ...somebody please tell me this is possible.

Anyone down to explore the VoG? I bet there are chests that people haven't found yet. I've never even fathomed to go where this dude went. I figured since we didn't have to down Atheon we could explore. Then head to Gatekeeper and knock that out quick.

Did dude is this video just go thru the Vault door without even protecting the synch plates from the vex? ...somebody please tell me this is possible.
I've done it on Patrol before. Never tried it for the actual Raid, as it prob wouldn't trigger anything and you'd get stuck in the vault like I did until another group opened the door for you.

Back
Top Bottom