Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Think I might be done as well
mean.gif
@bigj505  right now

New Event: Crimson Days

Grab a partner to celebrate Crimson Days from February 9th, 10AM PST to February 16th, 1AM PST
Grab Quests
Go talk with Lord Shaxx in the Tower to receive the quest "Crimson Bonds"
Players must be at least Level 40 to be eligible to obtain this quest
Play Crimson Doubles
2v2 PvP Event Playlist: Crimson Doubles
Requires Pre-made Fireteam of 2
In Crimson Doubles, "Heartbroken" buff is applied to you when your teammate is down that provides maxed stats and faster reload
Weekly Shaxx bounties have been replaced with special Crimson Doubles bounties for the duration of the event

General

Fixed an issue where some emote incidents would appear twice
Fixed a rare issue where the Refer-a-Friend buff was not being properly applied when joining an in-progress activity

Weapons

Fixed an issue where an extra icon on the kiosk was appearing for players who acquired MIDA Multi-Tool exotic weapon for both Year One and Year Two
Fixed an issue with Hakke pulse rifle damage scaling to bring them back in line with other pulse rifles

Armor

Fixed the icon for Titan class item Mark of a Kellslayer
Fixed an issue where the icon for the Hunter artifact Unerring Compass was missing on PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360

Activities

Fixed an issue where the Vienna Singer ship was not dropping at appropriate rates

Nightfall

Reduced the chance for ghost shells to be awarded from completing the weekly in favor of other rewards

Raid: King's Fall

Fixed an issue that allowed players to become immune to the Totem room damage by using a sword's block ability
Totems will now kill players under the totem after an extended period of time
Fixed an issue on the aura holder when exiting 3rd person, the camera forward would get reset back facing the direction of the players feet
Fixed an issue where the Ogres would teleport when they had issues path finding around previous dropped bombs

Crucible

General

Bounties have been moved to the top of Shaxx's vendor screen
Players now start without special ammo in all 3v3 modes
See developer comments from Derek Carroll
Fixed an issue where the quest step to "Complete a match with 6+ Auto Rifle kills" was not properly registering
The temporary fix applied previously has been removed once again to allow this quest to be turned in properly
Fixed an issue where the text display for Nova Bomb score bonuses was incorrect
Damage Referee has been enabled in the Control playlist for the Crucible
See developer comments from Paul Lewellen

Playlists

New Rotating Playlists
See developer comments from Jeremiah Pieschl
Freelance 3v3 featuring Skirmish, Salvage and Elimination - only accessible by solo players, no fireteams
Freelance 6v6 featuring Control, Clash and Rift - only accessible by solo players, no fireteams
Inferno 3v3 featuring Inferno Skirmish, Inferno Salvage and introducing Inferno Elimination!
Inferno 6v6 featuring Inferno Control and Inferno Clash

Iron Banner

Iron Banner returns on February 23rd, 10AM to February 29th, 1AM PST
Iron Banner armor pieces from Rank 5 packages will now be granted immediately, instead of appearing once you return to Orbit
Increased the base win rep amount by +20% (50 to 60)
Waypoints have been added to Lord Saladin when the Rank 3 and Rank 5 packages are available
Players can no longer recycle into Iron Banner matches after the event has ended

Trials of Osiris

Reduced the postgame wait time by 15 seconds
Adjusted loot tables to make rewards more consistent and less likely to have a non-payout match

Maps

Crossroads

Fixed an issue where some players are able to perch in an advantageous position on a giant tree root

The Timekeeper

Removed dynamic objects and moved overtime objective to help it play better in Elimination

Items

Fixed an issue where Reputation was being awarded when dismantling the Future War cult ship "The Climb"
Access to the ship via the kiosk has been re-enabled
Fixed an issue where the icon on Gunsmith vendor screen to display the correct reputatio

The Napoleon Dynamite dance is also great. :lol:

Also wanted to point out that there are two 'free' emotes if you head to the kiosk in the basement. The 'Yes' and 'No' emotes aren't particularly exciting, but I actually think the Devs provided them for easier communication (without voice chat). The confusing thing here is that we still can't manage multiple emote swaps, so we can't equip both the Yes and No...

As they say, 'Destiny 2' :smh:

:smh:

My son finally made it :pimp:

I seen you on 2k too smh no invite yes im mad lol
The trainee has superceded the master [emoji]128591[/emoji]

Yeah, almost a legend in the park now. I'm all star 5.50

And nah I sent you mad invites before to my party when you were playin NCAA you never joined or invited me to any party, but was still posting so I said F it, I ain't gonna keep trying to make him talk to me.

Weekly Update:

This week at Bungie Crimson Doubles is in full swing, but that’s not the only dance afoot.

Prior to the holiday break we mentioned a second, larger update slated for Spring. That content release will feature a significant Light increase, a bunch of new gear to earn and equip, and new challenges for PvE players seeking some more fun experiences and replayability.

Beyond that, the team is focused on delivering a large expansion later this year, and a full Destiny sequel in 2017.

As work wraps up in the weeks ahead, look for more details about the Spring content, as well as more information about our bigger projects in the months that follow.

Thanks for your patience, and thanks for playing.

Matchmakers

How we introduce you to your opponents in the Crucible has been a hot topic of conversation lately. The chatter continues this week as we sample the overall reaction to how new Matchmaking settings have shaped the Crimson Doubles experience. Reports from the front have suggested that "date night" has been pretty competitive. Here’s Design Lead Lars Bakken with some fresh thoughts.

Lars: Hey everyone, we’ve made some great strides to update Matchmaking over the last couple of weeks. For those of you just tuning in, Matchmaking itself is governed by some specific design goals: Ensuring you get into a match in a timely fashion, looking for a good connection, creating relatively balanced teams so players don’t get stomped continually. We’re gathering a ton of data and listening to feedback. We’re examining the new Damage Referee and figuring out if and when we want to deploy it wider. There is more work to do and we’re planning our next steps right now. When we’re ready to share them, we’ll activate DeeJ. Thanks again for all your help.
A balancing act that involves millions of players never ends.

This has been just a glimpse at the roadmap for what’s to come in Destiny, this year and next. We’ll be plotting more specific waypoints as time goes on. Right now, there are hundreds of passionate people at Bungie working to turn the plan for Destiny’s future into the adventures, dangerous enemies, and glittering treasures that await us.

As soon as we’re ready, we’ll share the details with you in all the usual places. In the meantime, we’ll keep the conversation rolling with the team on the support front. We’re also gathering up details for spring as the team begins to lock it in.

Until then, keep filling our world with action.

DeeJ, out.

Make clothes actually have rare effects/specials/whatever. I wish it was aso customizable as my friends described before I bought it. Make rare rolls or something for cloth pieces. Sa me thing, replenish health on orb pickup, refill melee on super, extra damage on taken...bla bla blaa

Back
Top Bottom