Derrick Rose Torn ACL...Blame Shoes

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

For some reason....

I still think Chicago is going to the Eastern Conference Finals.

i still think they can get there but who cares? thats not what this season was about... they were ready to make a title run... now i really dont see that happening

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by MaxElite

SMH @ ppl blaming Thibbs.

Pooh couldve torn his ACL the first play of Game 2. It wouldnt have made a difference.
But he didn't. He tore it in garbage time when he shouldn't have even been out there.

It is what it is, though. Just a really tough break. I wish him luck coming back.

I understand that BUT....

Thibbs playing Rose at that particular point did NOT increase the chances of this happening. That's all my point is. The circumstances surrounding the result are clouding people's judgment.

jp's tweet...think related to thread title....he designs lebron's shoes 
tumblr_m37pyhfSi51qzs49eo1_500.png

How much time does he miss next year? I don't see him being back before at least the all-star game (just me speculating, but still)

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

indifferent.gif

thats weak as hell.

I'm not sure how I feel about that tweet. 
grin.gif

Too soon? Too much said? I don't know but that tweet rubs me in a way that mirrors being rubbed by a wet scarf.

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

For some reason....

I still think Chicago is going to the Eastern Conference Finals.
That wouldn't be a shock at all.

BOS is last in rebounding. CHI is first and they can throw great defenders on BOS's big 3. The C's are still in for a very very tough second round.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

How much time does he miss next year? I don't see him being back before at least the all-star game (just me speculating, but still)
The Bulls should hold him out all of next year.

Recovery time from an ACL injury is like eight months, but still. Hold him out until 2013-2014, when he should be completely healed by then.

I'm speechless...my favorite player's career might be in jeopardy. That's +*!%$$#% man...my teams have the worst luck with injuries this year.
frown.gif

JP a fkin fool W.T.F is this supposed to be???  He needs to "choose" his tweets better
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Originally Posted by ill steelo

Doesn't it take 2 years to really get back & comfortable from that?
Recovery is about 1-2 months. Rehab can take a while, depending on the individual. All in all, about a year give or take.

Tearing it aint a joke, wishing Rose a speedy recovery. #FeelsBatman

Originally Posted by amel223

Originally Posted by ill steelo

Is he even gonna be fully ready by this time next season?

Doesn't it take 2 years to really get back & comfortable from that?

if it's just the ACL tear it doesn't take two years.  but I figure he'll miss the beginning of the season. 

What about the mental aspect of it?

What about the mental aspect of it?

This is key, IMO.  Rose has been banged up though so I think he will do better than most, but he just needs to understand it will be a slow process, but it will slowly but surely workout as long as the rehab goes well and he can maintain a certain amount of strength in his knee(s) 

Originally Posted by PMatic

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

The Bulls should hold him out all of next year.

Recovery time from an ACL injury is like eight months, but still. Hold him out until 2013-2014, when he should be completely healed by then.
I agree D.Rose plays so physical he will need a yr to recover. This season has taken so many good players down with injury....
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

^^ Understand the logic, but I don't see that happening.. I think he plays next year ..

Bulls mgmt has to be cautious with him though, rushing him back too soon could cause a re-injury. Sitting him out all of next year is in everyone's best interest (Bulls, Rose, NBA fans).

Back
Top Bottom