"Derogatory comments regarding [religion] are strictly prohibited."

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Isn't the objectification of women derogatory?

Shouldn't all "mass" threads then be locked up?

The amount of things that slide through on NT is pretty much at the discretion of the mods not the ROC.

Just playing devil's advocate...

If we're going by the NT ROC, then yes, they should be locked up.

But if NT is going to pick and choose what to follow from the ROC( hmmm why does this sound so mighty famliar...
laugh.gif
), I have a right to object then. (yes yes I know, NT is a privilege, not a right...)

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Isn't the objectification of women derogatory?

Shouldn't all "mass" threads then be locked up?

The amount of things that slide through on NT is pretty much at the discretion of the mods not the ROC.

Just playing devil's advocate...

If we're going by the NT ROC, then yes, they should be locked up.

But if NT is going to pick and choose what to follow from the ROC( hmmm why does this sound so mighty famliar...
laugh.gif
), I have a right to object then. (yes yes I know, NT is a privilege, not a right...)

I was going to say that the rules are not contradictory because they state "derogatory" comments on religions are prohibited and not just disagreeing with religions.

However, based on the cartoons you posted, I don't think anyone should be banned for those. Those are satirical not on the religion, but those who follow the religion in that specific way. It's not a blanket statement about everyone so if you feel disrespected by the cartoon, the OP is asking you to reevaluate your outlook on life.

I was going to say that the rules are not contradictory because they state "derogatory" comments on religions are prohibited and not just disagreeing with religions.

However, based on the cartoons you posted, I don't think anyone should be banned for those. Those are satirical not on the religion, but those who follow the religion in that specific way. It's not a blanket statement about everyone so if you feel disrespected by the cartoon, the OP is asking you to reevaluate your outlook on life.

Back
Top Bottom